It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain On Reinstituting A Military Draft: 'I Don't Disagree'»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

McCain On Reinstituting A Military Draft: 'I Don't Disagree'»

thinkprogress.org

After a long question about veterans’ care, the questioner said she believed we needed to reinstate the draft, to which McCain seemed to readily agree:

QUESTIONER: If we don’t reenact the draft, I don’t think we’ll have anyone to chase Bin Laden to the gates of hell.

[Appaluse]

MCCAIN: Ma’am, let me say that I don’t disagree with anything you said.

In June, McCain said it would take an “all-out World War III” to make the draft necessary — which seems to mean he’d consider it. In July 2006, when asked to react to Newt Gingrich’s claim that “You’d have to say to yourself this is in fact World War III,” McCain said, “I do [agree] to some extent.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.alternet.org
progressiveaccountability.org

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, I guess in McCain's mind WWIII HAS started!

This is all McCain is about, the military!

It's been his whole life, even in Congress!

He was in the Navy for 23 years and has been in the Armed Services Committee in Congress for 17 years, his life, for 40 years, has had something to do with the military. I believe it's what he lives for!

I'm sure IF he is elected, he will bring back the draft and we will be in more wars.

(It's near the end of the video)

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I bet he doesn't! Mr. Bomb-bomb Iran Boy, 100-year conflict luster is going to need fresh bodies for the profiteering machine!!

And with that megalomaniac Joe Lieberman being slated as his possible VP, that all but assures non-stop conflicts and atrocities uninterrupted. These guys are like a worst nightmare come to life...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Wow..so that pretty much secures that he will not be getting my vote, call me crazy, anti-American, or anything you like..

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Easiest way to lose a war is to have an army that doesn't want to fight.

Lets hope he isn't really serious about considering the draft again.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This guy is so obsessed with the military, war and WINNING. What the hell does he know about winning? Last time i checked he took a hefty ass beating.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by LwSiX]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Easiest way to lose a war is to have an army that doesn't want to fight.

Lets hope he isn't really serious about considering the draft again.

Not really. What war have we lost since we became the United States of America? And I swear to God if you say Vietnam, I'll kill you. We raped in WWII and that was during the draft.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by m4j35t1c12

Vietnam. lol you can't seriously be trying to compare us capturing Bin Laden who IMO is already dead to WW2

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
the list of examples of how mccain is a tool for industry continue to pile up, just like the bodies of our brothers and sisters will pile up if he is elected president.

the man is dangerous in that he sees war as the solution to the majority of international issues.

let this be a warning to those who think mccain is going to make us safer because he has a military background.

endless war will NOT ensure safety it will ensure death and destruction.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by m4j35t1c12

Vietnam.

And you will cease and desist from any member death threats immediately, in jest or not.

Back on topic...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
We need a draft to find one person? How about just finding that person? How would an outright WWIII be necessary to accomplish that? Excuse me but that is completely illogical unless he's only a figurehead used to perpetuate war indefinitely and to any magnitude.

McCain is demented or at least the way he represents his constituents is.

top topics

join