It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the boxes in cars be used for info during 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I wonder how many cars were parked and destroyed in the WTC on 9/11. I know that they had parking garages.

And eerily, a lot of cars have black boxes that record seat belt use, speed, , and a bunch of other stuff that can be used against you.

They also record the last five seconds of an accident. Would the events of the WTC set off the black boxes to record?

My silly question to you is, would any of black boxes in cars in the garages of WTC be able to reveal anything. And could that information be proven useful instead of just eyewitness accounts?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
thats a great idea. perhaps discernable data on the shockwaves from explosions were picked up. What about video cams of cars that had been left running maybe? though i doubt it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sounds like something else to add to FOIA requests to the investigating agencies.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I sent off a couple e-mails to companies about the black boxes.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Not many cars have the boxes less than 1%. If the cars were running they might have tripped but not when the car is off.

mikell

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

I thought it was a little more then 1%. I know that it has been increasing over the years. I know that all the high end cars have them. They are increasingly being used to solve crimes by police departments. My husband ( a mechanic ) assures me that they are too expensive to analyze for anything mundane.

so the cars have to be running? I am sure even one person coming into work late would provide information.

I was just curious about it because with so little information regarding what happened inside, it could be a clue to the puzzle.

You don't hear much of what happened in the parking garages. Did anyone try to leave in their cars, could there have been some cars running? I imagine that as busy as the towers are, there has to be something.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

If you find out anything please let me know. But unfortunately, does anyone know what happened to all those cars?

My cousin was parked at the Pentagon doing some work somewhere else. It took him three days to get his car back. So there had to be some kind of checking going on.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1
Sounds like something else to add to FOIA requests to the investigating agencies.

Great, one more meaningless FOIA request that is going to come up empty......and THEN we will have 6 years of "Why wont they release the information from the black boxes in the cars?" "What are they hiding?"

They are having enough trouble trying to clear all the requests they have NOW and you want to add this bs?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Easy there friend. This is just hypothetically speaking. Not even sure if it would work. Just an idea to be tossed around.
I doubt it will go anywhere. I would be surprized if it did.

Fun to think about though....

But I do stand by my question of, why you never hear of anything that happened in the parking garage.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If you find out anything please let me know. But unfortunately, does anyone know what happened to all those cars?

I received the following from the National Motorist Association.

Sent: Wed 8/20/08 9:51 PM

I’m not sure. That might be something that you could ask of the 911 commission? You might find contact info for them on the web.

Thanks,

Bonnie

NMA

[edit on 21-8-2008 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
They are having enough trouble trying to clear all the requests they have NOW and you want to add this bs?

Well if they would have released the information in the first place we would not have to be sending FOIA requests.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Well if they would have released the information in the first place we would not have to be sending FOIA requests.

Misses the point once again...not suprised.

The point was....this is just going to be another example of a FOIA request for information that isnt there.

Guaranteed if someone DOES file this...they will get a response saying, Umm sorry, we cant help you....and then they will spend the rest of their days demanding to know what the government is hiding from the cars black boxes.

And it doesnt matter, if they would have released ALL the information, you would still be whining that the government was hiding something.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

So you were not surprised that we can't find a single iota online, or in the spacious NIST reports, about simple analogue or digital clocks in cars halted at the moment of structural damage to these cars, f.ex. parked in the subterranean WTC garages?

Many of them, if not the bulk of them, will have been outfitted with navigational software, coupled to GPS.
Especially the ones parked in the streets nearby, and damaged by falling debris, are interesting to say the least.
If I'm not mistaken, I saw UPC parcel delivery box cars parked beside WTC 7. They all have GPS on board, and precise clocks, for exact delivery times.
The FDNY cars will also have been outfitted with the latest equipment around 2001, GPS comes to mind.

The parking garage ones would give away exact times of subterranean failures, which we have no exact times from till this day.
Many of these cars should have been salvaged, and will have been, by insurance companies, and those are the places to sub poena them.

Thus we could obtain an extensive list of clock failure times, and a common time could be derived from them, in spite of the possible misrepresentation of the real time, since these clocks could of course been set off-time.

However, keep in mind that most of these car owners were people, like me, used to be very precise in their appointments, and meticulously keeping their clocks running at precise hourly atomic clock radio networks signals.

Most of the owners were business persons, used to work "on the clock", so to say.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

And I can guarantee that nobody bothered to check onboard computers/GPS on those vehicles. It would have been considered a waste of resources to try to gather info that really isnt going to shed any light on anything.

So as I said, filing a FOIA is just going to add more crap to the desks of people who are already scratching their heads and saying...but we didnt bother with that........

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Misses the point once again...not suprised.

The point was....this is just going to be another example of a FOIA request for information that isnt there..

NO you misssed the point. Those agencies would not be backed up with FOIA requests if they had released the information that should have been released.

Also i only post FOIA request for information that i know they should have.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

You still do not get it do you? When you file a request, they HAVE to go through the records. So when you file your request about retriving the data from the cars navigational systems, someone will have to sort through information looking for something that isnt there. That takes TIME, then after they have gone through all the records, they have to issue the correspondance to you saying sorry, we have no records.

Then YOU will come on here saying, "Here is more proof of the conspiracy.....THEY did not check the GPS on the burned out cars hmmmmm."

Not to mention there arent hundreds of employees that have nothing to do but go through FOIA requests. One or two per section maybe....

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You still do not get it do you? When you file a request, they HAVE to go through the records.

Yes i know how FOIA request work, i unlike others on here actually filed some to find the truth.

Also if you even bothered to read the post you would see i already got an answer back to an e-mail sent about the black boxes in vehicles.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

WOW you got an EMAIL from a non-government agency that had nothing to do with the 9/11 clean up or investigation. An email that says, wow, maybe you should ask the 9/11 Commission.....way to GO!!!!

Such investigative skills, we should be lining up for your tutelage.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Such investigative skills, we should be lining up for your tutelage.

But at least i do investigate and not just go along with what i am told like a good little media robot.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good little media robot? Thats hilarious. All the more so, because it reflects back on you and your blind acceptance of what conspiracy nuts have to say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join