It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel revives Lebanon war warning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Israel revives Lebanon war warning

www.presstv.com

"The moment the Lebanese government confers legitimacy on Hezbollah, it must understand that the entire Lebanese state will be a target in the same way that all of Israel is a target for Hezbollah," Israel's Environment Minister Gideon Ezra told public radio.

"During the Second Lebanese War we considered the possibility of attacking Lebanon's infrastructure but we never resorted to this option, because we thought at the time that all the Lebanese were not responsible for the Hezbollah attacks," added Ezra, who is close to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.

Ezra's claims directly contradict the facts of the war in 2006, during which Israel targeted water treatment plants, fuel depots, electricity facilities and transport facilities including the domestic runway at Rafiq Hariri International Airport in Beirut.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
How long will this unparalelled criminal regime still be allowed to terrorize it's neighbours by the grace of the USA ?

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

Oh that's right, Hezbollah is the equivalent of a boy scout troop. So what if Lebanon legitimizes this terrorist organization?

That damn criminal govt of Israel.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

How long will this unparalelled criminal regime still be allowed to terrorize it's neighbours by the grace of the USA ?

It will keep terrorizing its neighbours till it expands its borders according to its jewish scriptures.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Israel has failed in it's conquests. It can't even successfully quiet rock throwers in it's own backyard. The last big blow was the failure to convince the U.S. that Iran is a legitimate threat and has it's big brother stretched so thin as it is, that even if it did sway the public, we wouldn't be able to. You want to play boss and you're surprised when there is blowback? Well, you're not going to enjoy a nuclear Iran with brand new Russian Scarabs in place, loosely united and making millions upon millions from China. If you would have just played nice after you had stolen the land from many walks of life, maybe it wouldn't be this harsh. But, I look forward to the day when that wrong will be corrected, though in the same wish, I hope the best for your people. So, cheers to you Israel for the despicable failure of your stranglehold and the failure unto your peoples.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

What are you waffling about? The Arab nations surrounding Israel attacked it, lost horribly, and so Israel ended up occupying the Sinai penninsular and Gohan Heights.

You can buy into the Arab victim mentality, but frankly, IMO, if someone is going to start it then fair play to whoever ends up finishing it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Israel has only itself to blame for Hezbollahs political power now in Lebanon.

Their biggest error was trying to fight that war by air. They should have sent in battalions of ground forces to once and for all rid lebanon and the world of Hezbollah!! That way they could have succesfully targetted Hezbollah and minimalised the bombings of residential areas that ultimately cost them defeat in public opinion.

I agree with the official that anyone who embraces Irans surrogate Hezbollah is an enemy, and rightly so. This is an armed group that openly calls for Israels destruction.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

I forgot the Palestinians had so much to do with the U.N. Resolution in 1948, which allowed a foreign peoples to claim land that had been established for over 500 years. Regardless, with the rise of a strong Russia and powerful China, we'll see the demise of Israel and a settling of United States and it's big stick diplomacy. I just hope the bullying isn't perpetuated by the new guys on the block, though I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

I forgot the Palestinians had so much to do with the U.N. Resolution in 1948, which allowed a foreign peoples to claim land that had been established for over 500 years. Regardless, with the rise of a strong Russia and powerful China, we'll see the demise of Israel and a settling of United States and it's big stick diplomacy. I just hope the bullying isn't perpetuated by the new guys on the block, though I'm not holding my breath.

You didn't forget, you just had no idea:

en.wikipedia.org...-Day_War

it was the Six Day War in which the Israeli's got control of it from Egypt, after the Muslims blundered the attack up.

Also:

Tough titty. If you live by the sword, you die by the sword. These lands were taken ad infinitum, from dozens of different ruling powers, until conquered by the British.

How do you think the Muslims came to be there in the first place? Peaceful conversion of the local populace?

Ultimately, as Caesar said, it's the right of the conqueror to impose any conditions they wish on the vanquished. In the case of the British, we gave it back to the Jews, like the holy books of the three Abramic religions dictated it belonged to, as given by God.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by C.C.Benjamin]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Wikipedia?

Really? Because morally I didn't know it was right to be granted land that wasn't yours for no apparent reason. Especially when a "people" had been dispersed over 2,000 years ago. You can't justify a Jewish lobbying firm paying the newly organized United Nations to giving a religious people a no holds barred piece of land that is inhabited by hundreds of thousands of people. Subsequently making them immigrants in the land they've been occupying for hundreds of years.

Because it is, doesn't make it right.

And given by god? Please. Israel is about to have it's ticket punched.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin

What are you waffling about? The Arab nations surrounding Israel attacked it, lost horribly, and so Israel ended up occupying the Sinai penninsular and Gohan Heights.

You can buy into the Arab victim mentality, but frankly, IMO, if someone is going to start it then fair play to whoever ends up finishing it.

Absolutely agree!! It was ok for the arabs/muslims to conquer thousands of miles of land forcibly by sword but they cry human rights when it's the jews or Israelis.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

No, it's a travesty when it happens to anybody. Romans displaced Christians, Christians displaced Jews, Christians displaced Muslims, Muslims displaced Christians and back again. It's a perpetual cycle of humanity in all it's glorious bull****.

And let's not forgot about how it was the Romans who displaced the Jews, especially in the Jewish kingdoms and not the Arabs or specifically the Muslims.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Wikipedia?

Don't disparage my source when you have provided absolutely none of your own. If you think that Wiki article is wrong, PROVE IT.

Originally posted by DeadFlagBluesReally? Because morally I didn't know it was right to be granted land that wasn't yours for no apparent reason. Especially when a "people" had been dispersed over 2,000 years ago.

Or not, as the Jews were still there when the Byzantines owned the land.

Why do you think the Muslims have it? Because they came and took it. Now it's been taken from them. Boo bloody hoo.

Hell, why haven't the Arab nations taken pity on their brothers and absorbed them into their own populations?

Originally posted by DeadFlagBluesYou can't justify a Jewish lobbying firm paying the newly organized United Nations to giving a religious people a no holds barred piece of land that is inhabited by hundreds of thousands of people. Subsequently making them immigrants in the land they've been occupying for hundreds of years.

Which is exactly what happened to the Jews, incidentally. And then the holocaust. But yeah, those evil scary Jews are comin' to getcha! They're gonna getcha! Run!

Originally posted by DeadFlagBluesBecause it is, doesn't make it right.

Shut up with your stupid double standards. Honestly, they got bitch-slapped, so lump it.

Originally posted by DeadFlagBluesAnd given by god? Please. Israel is about to have it's ticket punched.

Hey, I don't believe in God either, but the people arguing over this land are insistent that the Beardy One wants THEM to have that land. All their "holy books" say so, so who am I to argue?

And they brought it upon themselves. I don't recall hearing anything about Palestinian protests to Egypt's coalition attack on Israel before they lost the Gaza strip. They elected a terrorist government with the express and very public purpose of destroying Israel. Frankly, I don't see how they are helping themselves at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The thing is the Israelites have long had a presence in "Jew"rusalem long before Islam was ever introduced.

This isn't so much a game of "hey we were here first" as it is a functioning secular democracy on their doorstep. Look at the countries that actually do recognise Israel, Turkey, Jordan and Egypt, all secular. It's almost an issue of tolerance!

Israel is there and it's there to stay, like many countries, its existence and borders have been decided at the hands of war. So what. It's history, simple as that.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

It's not that I'm defending any culture or creed here. As it was wrong for the Jews to be displaced by Romans, it was wrong for the Palestinian people to be swept off their land that they had harvested for generations. As you can so callously look at things in a black and white perspective, there is a grey area that you're ignoring because you're too busy taking sides instead of being more human. Because Egypt had a rift with Israel has nothing to do with the people of the land Israeli was just "given." 750,000 men, women, and children were shoved off their land because Israel fended off an attack/blockade by Egypt? Not sensible.

For a modern day example, let's look at Georgia and Russia. Do I think it was right for South Ossetia to be left alone by both eclipsing countries? Of course, I do. Do I believe that because Russia had the might to demolish the piss poor fight the Georgians put up that Russia should now assimilate Georgia as part of Russia? Of course not.

Maintain your football mentality of life and the life of others. I'll just stand up for what is right in any circumstance.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

DeadFlagBlues, i agree with you any act of force is deplorable, but we have to move on from that. THe reason so much hostility remains is because of the factions that hasn't excepted that and moved on. The Israelis aren't innocent, i don't deny that at all. They should cease all further settlements for starters. But the real obstacle in settling this issue and brokering a deal hinges on Hamas' control of the Gaza strip. A political organisation calling for Israels destructio, the same with Hezbollah. Until these either adopt a more accomodating approach towards Israel or are subsequently destroyeed by Israel, no peace will be made.

It's shame they are playing with peoples lives and blaming it all on Israel, when this is far from the case.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

This is more than just faith based, partner. This is blow back from careless and callous geopolitics. Palestinians aren't pissed because they're Jewish and that's the only reason. They're pissed because 6 year olds are being sniped out trees while picking figs. Homes are randomly demolished to make way for checkpoint buildings and even strip malls. The same circle of violence that has been going on since 1948.

Israel is talking war crimes after the insane and blatant display of disproportionate response in almost all neighboring regions and especially towards the Palestinian people since it's inception? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Though, as I said.. Not to derail this thread as I have already done, if you would like to kick up the old Israel/Palestine debate, throw a thread up. I'd be more than happy to participate.

And if you're swayed by terminology, you're an absolute idiot. "Jews. Jerusalem. Get it? Huh, huh? It's like science, dude." Jews, Muslims, Secular Palestinians, Sheiks, even Gypsies were all living side by side in that area. The only thing that killed the true relation of the people of Palestine are the borders an infant nation had thrown around it and the military enforcement that came with it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth

It's shame they are playing with peoples lives and blaming it all on Israel, when this is far from the case.

The reason it doesn't stop is because one sided banter like that. Pointing fingers. Happenings like this are an everyday occurence for people who have felt incredibly oppressed since the beginning of the new State. So what do they do? Strike back with anything they can. All acts are disgusting displays of narrow minded thinking. And picking a side, as you've seem to have done has only perpetuated the like.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

it was the Six Day War in which the Israeli's got control of it from Egypt, after the Muslims blundered the attack up

After who blundered what?
???????

U.S.S LIBERTY was attacked multiple times after it uncovered transmissions that proved Israel pre-empted those 'attacks'.
They tried jamming the Liberty unsuccessfully and MTB's called in an airstrike.

The legal case is STILL being fought to bring this deliberate attack to light.
They claimed mistaken Identity when numerous American flags were raised..
Israeli torpedo boats came withing METRES of the damaged ship and machine-gunned sailors in their life-boats.

It was an impossibility they didn't know the identity of the ship.

Don't always believe what you read on WIKI.. It's useful on basic facts but it still represents the 'Official' propaganda.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Of course the powers that be had no business creating the state of Israel on Palestinian territory in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join