It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel revives Lebanon war warning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hezbollah are criminals.
Hezbollah are criminal murdering terrorists.
What more does anyone need to say?
The fact that many innocent people will die, is because that country, like many others, has been take over by cowardly terrorist criminal Islamic extremists who hide behind women and children.
Of course you will try and find someone to blame instead of the people who are actually responsible.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attari

Originally posted by ergoli

How long will this unparalelled criminal regime still be allowed to terrorize it's neighbours by the grace of the USA ?

It will keep terrorizing its neighbours till it expands its borders according to its jewish scriptures.

Ok, it appears you are from the UK from your location. Lets say that a terrorist group that is funded and supported by the Irish government (think the IRA but with the public blessing of the Irish government) were to keep shooting rockets from Ireland into Northern Ireland how would you feel?

You mean to tell me that the British government would sit back and do nothing? I think not, actually I know that would not be the case (ex. the Falklands).

[edit on 20-8-2008 by ChrisF231]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

you guys in the US funded the IRA (well helped fund them)

news.bbc.co.uk...

Ulster Unionist MP Jeffrey Donaldson wants to see the strong measures extended to Noraid, which raises money for the republican party Sinn Fein, which itself has links with the Provisional IRA.

"Without their funding, the IRA would not have nearly the same potential for violence that it currently has," he says.

Noraid has openly expressed support for the IRA but says it gives money for humanitarian aid, and denies its donations are used for the purchase of arms.

just thought i would remind the lads in the US that even they arm people against their allies

and last time i checked Britain (england) didnt flatten the Irish or destroy their infrontstructure after that bomb killed and enjured all those people.

so comparing what britain did and what Israel does is complete bollox and over the top.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Simple answer. Israel will continue to defend itself against the Iranian funded terrorist Hezbos as long as it takes for the people of Lebanon to decide that sponsoring the Hezbos is not in their best interest.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So the whole post was done to ensure people will see and subconsciously connect Israel and war crimes? I see no other point since the title sounds ridiculous.
Good luck in cyber warfare. Better it then usual bloody war. Or crimes.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Israel has more indictments for crimes against humanity than ANY OTHER NATION -

bitter pill to swallow - but them the facts -

cheers,

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The question is - who are the accusers? The "fact", if true, that Israel has been accused of committing numerous war crimes is totally meaningless if the accusers are the "usual suspects" of the Arab states and their lackeys.
The UN lovers everywhere adhere to the fiction that "all states are created equal". This provides endless amusement to those of us who have spent years in international relations.
I am neither Jewisn nor Christian, and yet I certainly can make a distinction between a group that bombs school busses and a group trying to defend their homeland against psychopathic murderers like Hamas.
Frankly, ANY member of Hamas should suffer the same fate that a convicted murderer does in Texas - only much, much faster!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

Bravo, I am glad to see that I am not the only member of ATS with some common sense.

For the life I me I cant see how Israel which goes out of its way to purposely avoid endangering civilians is somehow more evil then a group that purposely intentionally targets civilians.

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceeding post removed, reply to function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 21/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I know, right? 70+ civilians killed, 120+ injured, and 22 children dead. Israeli precision.

They're like peacekeepers!

It's bad on both sides, action guy.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Unfortunately Israel's responses have too often been disproportionate, for example they will respond with airstrikes, airstrikes aren't clinical when dealing with individual targets on the ground. Lets be realistic though, these militants they face use home-made rockets, then disperse into the general population, knowing full well using a human shield will bring condemnation. They also know people like yourself will be gullable and naive enough to actually blame Israel and ignore their own acts of pure evil and primitive islamic militant tactics!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

Use troops. Use intelligence agencies. Use something other than 2,000 pound bombs by daycares and hospitals. Quit justifying death and making excuses for a country that you do not live in.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I will adhere to your request once you renounce your blind excuses for Islamic jihad!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Exactly.. If they can get spies into America in time to cheer on the 911 events..
Then I'm sure they could use the same resources to actually target the terrorists in SOUTH Lebanon.. Not just target civvies and infrastructure countrywide.

The only reason they went SO over the top was because Lebanon was on the brink of regaining it's tourism industry with a projected 4 billion dollars in 2006.
That's the real reason they wanted to cause so much damage..To keep it from regaining it's status as a Metropolis.

Those rockets fired into Israel had a 20km range in general.. Beirut is over 50km away.. what exactly were they trying to hit?

No wonder they failed to get more than a handful of Hezbollah terrorists when they were aiming at civilians in an entirely DIFFERENT part of the country

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

That's the thing, team guy. My heart goes out to the dead on both sides dying for other people's actions. We don't have to "choose."

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Well perhaps you should concentrate more on disecting ones posts than and be more self-analytical. I clearly have defined my position that Israel are guilty of being rather heavy handed. Any loss of life is deplorable, on either side, but whether you like it or not Israel is the lesser evil in this conflict, Hezbollah clearly call for Israels destruction. They have no sympathy for even innocent civilians, as far as they are concerned they are all guilty zionists and have no right to existence. If you can honestly tell me Israel feels the same way about Palestinians or the general Lebanese people then i will eat my hat.

As with any issue we are compelled to address the cause! I have no problem with you, you are granted an opinion, i relish debate like this as im sure you do. This is the beauty of democracy my friend. Tell me would Hezbollah honour our rights to free and fair debate should they have power, i think not.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

Use troops. Use intelligence agencies. Use something other than 2,000 pound bombs by daycares and hospitals. Quit justifying death and making excuses for a country that you do not live in.

Well, if the hezbolla terrorists did not launch there terror attacks from schools/childrens play groundss/hospitals/civillians homes, then the "RESPONCES" to their terrorism would not go there.

It is so simple, yet seems beyond many peoples ability to understand.

As I have stated before, the hebolla terrorists sendiung unguided rockets is the same thing as German sending unguided rockets into London in WW2.

We all know how england responded to those attacks.
So, why is it wrong for Israel to do the same?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

It's wrong because the wrong people are dying. People that are not involved are taking the ultimate accountability for another's actions. The death of innocence. You can't justify the deaths of innocent people today because it happened yesterday, the day before, or even 60 years ago.

"We dropped the atom bomb twice, why don't we do it again?"

You're a genius.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

So, why is it wrong for Israel to do the same?

Why not just NUKE EM? It worked for America..

I think we're trying to talk bout an effective and gauged anti-terrorist response.

Israel's military ability is HUGELY more advanced than Hezbollah's.
With that power there should come a degree of intelligence.

With only around 300 active terrorists operating it would have just taken a controlled intelligence operation,special forces and a few snipers to take them out.

Instead the hatred they generated has INCREASED the numbers exponentially..

You don't C4 your neighbours house cos he throws garbage in your garden..You wait till he's asleep and jimi his brakes.(joking)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Good point. Look what the Mossad were able to accomplish after the 1972 massacre of Israeli athletes. They exacted revenge on those who were directly associated with the attacks that killed a group of people. I'm sure the same could be accomplished without killing hundreds of civilians in the process. Handling these issues much more discretely than they are in modern times, paired with an actual concern and respect for the people they've driven or are driving from the land should throw wrench in the gears of aggression. The answer here is a lot bigger than "F*** 'em. Bomb 'em."

[edit on 21-8-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't get alot you people here. On one hand you have live by the sword die by the sword in defense of Israel. Yet, if Iran, decided to attack Israel, there would be a complete uproar about it. You can't have it both ways. Since Israel has decided way back when, that this was the way to go, then they have to accept the responsibilities that go with it.

And FYI, for "God's Chosen People" crowd. The Jews are no more chosen than any other group. Hell, the nazis thought they were God's Chosen people. I guess you can only be a Chosen People if you decide that every other group is beneath you and needs exterminating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join