It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

great...MORE bs in christianity....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Here comes the Catholicism WOW compaign.

I thought that WOW stood for Wip it Out Wednesdays. Are you talking about the priests?

Never seen Dogma? Buddy Christ? Ring a bell?...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I dont necessarily think that this is representative of the whole religion (yet).

Christianity, over the years, has 'adapted' many times to make their sales pitch more palatable and relevant to the times. This is quite probably another example of strategic marketing.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
New image, hu! Next time I drive past a church will I be waved to by someone in a 'hip' Jesus costume like they do at McDonalds with Ronald?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanie_pianoforte
What im saying is people are perverting the message from the truth. The bible says you're not going to heaven except through God. right?

There is nothing you can do because you have sinned, you have "fallen short of the glory of God". You have rejected Gods way and made your self impure for Gods Heaven.

I really wouldn't want to go to such a heaven.

The Good News is that through Gods Grace, there is a "way" we can be saved. That is it. With out feeling generaly sorry for your sin you cant be saved right?

What's seen as a sin in one religion can be seen as good in another. Even christian denominations can't agree with each other with what's a sin and what's not.

If you think that you want to enjoy your life to the full on earth. I advise you go for it live your life for the most enjoyment because i doubt you shall be enjoying life after death.

Oh yes I will!!!

If you are a christian then living your life happily isnt a concern, as you are living your life for God not yourself, and you have no rights because you are Gods possetion. Not your own.

So you feel good that you are God's possesion then. Fine with me. I'm not.

What sorta christian am i? I am a bible christian i believe that the bible is the absolute truth.

Even some of the tall tales told in the bible??? I'd rather see it as a helpfull book, but not absolute truth. Remember there was politics involved in putting the bible together.

If you would like a denomination i would probably be a baptist as i have found that baptists teaching doesnt fall from the truth of the bible.

I was raised catholic.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

New image, hu! Next time I drive past a church will I be waved to by someone in a 'hip' Jesus costume like they do at McDonalds with Ronald?

They gotta do something to save the sinking ship that is Catholicism. That church are to blame for many many many wrong doings, and it's about it fell. I just hope, as people storm the gates, that they don't destroy anything in the Vatican Library...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I just hope, as people storm the gates, that they don't destroy anything in the Vatican Library...

Gotta disagree with you. IMHO, most religious individuals will mindlessly cling to their beliefs even if it was all proven to be a hoax beyond the shadow of a doubt. Even with all the bad press with priests molesting children, the religion hasn't seemed to lose any steam.

Funny actually how they seem to be using all of the press about how 'wrong' it is for two of the same gender to marry in order to put on the back shelf all of the sexual abuse charges against individuals within their own organization. When an employee breaks the law on the companies time then it is also the company that is to blame. Why it is different for religious organizations, I do not know.

Anyway, as I seem to have gotten off my point, religion will take a long time to disapate. It is too ingrained in its followers. The only way for it to happen quickly (within a generation or so) is a religious war. And who knows, perhaps that is really what is happening now!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I just hope, as people storm the gates, that they don't destroy anything in the Vatican Library...

Gotta disagree with you. IMHO, most religious individuals will mindlessly cling to their beliefs even if it was all proven to be a hoax beyond the shadow of a doubt. Even with all the bad press with priests molesting children, the religion hasn't seemed to lose any steam.

Funny actually how they seem to be using all of the press about how 'wrong' it is for two of the same gender to marry in order to put on the back shelf all of the sexual abuse charges against individuals within their own organization. When an employee breaks the law on the companies time then it is also the company that is to blame. Why it is different for religious organizations, I do not know.

Anyway, as I seem to have gotten off my point, religion will take a long time to disapate. It is too ingrained in its followers. The only way for it to happen quickly (within a generation or so) is a religious war. And who knows, perhaps that is really what is happening now!

But I can hope ya know? I just don't care to see that knowledge that is being hidden at the Vatican to be destroyed. But I do agree that religion is so embedded into the human psyche that it will either take a long time to be removed, or be removed in one spectacular event all at once. Either way, it's inevitable. Depending of course that human kind is here long enough to get to that point...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Depending of course that human kind is here long enough to get to that point...

Ya, it does really seem to take a lot of time. Just look at the history of man. It may seem ridiculously bad now, but at least you and I aren't being burned at the stake.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can just imagine ...

And Pete said to Jesus 'If my brother plays the mofo, can I kick his ass ?'
And Jesus replied "Dude, you shouldn't kick his ass, you need to forgive him".
And Pete said "Bogus"
Matthew 18:22

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I can just imagine ...

And Pete said to Jesus 'If my brother plays the mofo, can I kick his ass ?'
And Jesus replied "Dude, you shouldn't kick his ass, you need to forgive him".
And Pete said "Bogus"
Matthew 18:22

I think youre on to something there. Pretty soon, they will probably re write the commandments to make them more 'hip' and understandishable as well.

1. If somebody steps up on some fightin' #, just tell 'em "aight then", and roll.
2. Don't be mackin on ya homeboy's bitches.
3. Don't even be thinking about mackin on ya homeboy's bitches.
4. Don't be tryin ta gank somethin that you didnt get straight up.
5. Dont run ya mouf 'bout Jeezus like that.

Well, those are only five, but I misplaced the other tablet.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Today is a day in wish I have truly enjoy everything on this forum I was starting to believe that I was the only person that has seen religion for was it is a bunch of bs.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Today is a day in wish I have truly enjoy everything on this forum I was starting to believe that I was the only person that has seen religion for was it is a bunch of bs.

Glad to hear that! Stick around long enough and you might just see a huge religious fight break out.
Things have seemed quite tame lately.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well I guess religous groups does monitor everything after all.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Ya, it does really seem to take a lot of time. Just look at the history of man. It may seem ridiculously bad now, but at least you and I aren't being burned at the stake.

I definately would have been burned at the stake by now. People don't like me for the things I say usually...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FieryIce1
Oh now I am sure I read the title correctly, C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-I-E-S in Religion & Spiritualism...or did B-E-L-O-W TopSecret change the background colors?
Shakes Head

I would argue that this post is based on a conspiracy. Are you too blind to see that?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Excuse me anything the religious organizations do is a conspiracy and yes I think I would have been burn at the stake and they will also would had cut my tongue for talking to much, but guess what I would have gone flying in my broom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join