It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tap water doesn't smell too safe to drink anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I came across this smell almost like lead, burnt wire, chemical, just unatural smell in the water after washing my hands. The smell comes through the water almost every other time, and it even stays on the towel too. I thought it was the plumbing, bad detergent, or maybe my dirty little brothers working on something and must have used my towel and left the smell on it. After ignoring it based on the fact that it maybe bad plumbing, I was suprise to come across that smell while showering at the apartment's pool house at my sisters place about 2 blocks away...

I work about 30 miles away from home and came across it a few times while rinsing my mouth... I haven't drank tap for the last year since it feels so unhealthy to be drinking water thats tainted with this smell. What is it? bleach...I know what that smells like...Or is it something they're putting in the water??

Maybe you should smell your towel and see if the water is tainted, I want to know if you see if you can find something fishy about ort water?

Btw I'm new to ATS and so far its great

[edit on 19-8-2008 by betionek]

[edit on 19-8-2008 by betionek]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
WHY IS THIS IN THE ALIEN AND UFO SECTION?!

also, what country do you live in?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm in souther california, where and how should i post?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by betionek

Health and wellness. BTS.

It's probably Chlorine
that you smell!
I hate it too!
The only way I drink tap water is to eat ice.
I know it's not really good for my teeth, but, it's the only way I can consume it.
We've only had tap water for over a year.
I miss my well water!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by betionek

get a test kit and share the results,please

i would get some kind of water purification system ASAP...

most tap water is contaminated with at least flouride.

humans need pure water for optimum health...i wish i could find some lol

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I noticed something similar with the water in SoCal, when I was there: if you'd leave a glass of it sitting for a day or so, a white particulate would settle out. Rather disturbing. Plus it had a strange taste.

The odor could be the result of aging infrastructure. Old water pipes, mold, rust, etc. Or they could have been working on the pipes, and knocked loose some sediment, etc. I've seen tap water run muddy for a day or two after local roadwork. I bet the inside of those pipes are rather disgusting, after 50+ years of various-quality water flowing through them.

Or it could be poison.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I used to live in lubbock and the water would stink as well and even sediment would settle on the bottom consequently thats when I found the berkee filters that AJ pushes on his site Berkey Filters and radio show they are a little pricey but do a damn good job, (make sure you spring for the flouride filter)

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Welcome betionek

My water has been funny tasting too recently. I live in the Midwest (US) and I don't have fluoridated water.

top topics

join