It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are hetero caucasions 2nd class citizens in the US????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
are hetero caucasions 2nd class citizens in the US????

Just posting some observations that make me wonder....aloud

When was the last time there was a heterosexual pride parade?

My cable company offers a channel called BET (Black Entertainment Television). What would happen if someone wanted to start CET (Caucasian Entertainment Television) ? My thought is that there would be outrage and cries of racism so why wouldn't there be cries of racism about BET ???

I was listening to NPR the other day and there was a program called Mocha Moms which is about black mothers raising their black children. Why isn't there a program called White Moms???

My point is, there are specific programs for every ethnic groups except caucasions so isn't that in and of itself racist and discriminatory?

Now I'm sure I'm going to take hits for this and will be accused of being racist myself. If that happens, I think it will prove my point all the more and of course, I am not racist.

I would like to have a CALM, RATIONAL, ADULT discussion if anyone is interested.
For all those who are, I would like to thank you ahead of time

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

what suffering has the average hetero caucasian suffered to deserve such recognition for overcoming the odds?

seriously

think about that one, everyone outside of that spectrum has been underfoot

2nd class citizens? thats a joke

its still a white mans world, sucks? yeah

i think you are not feeling apart of something by being so "normal" well what normal would be by hetero caucasian standards, hahaha

[edit on 19-8-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by jfj123

what suffering has the average hetero caucasian suffered to deserve such recognition for overcoming the odds?

seriously

Nazi germany
white slavery
inquisition
salem witch trials
etc...

2nd class citizens? thats a joke

why is it a joke?

its still a white mans world, sucks? yeah

I've found it's a minorities world now.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'll 2nd the white slavery part. One my ancentors was brought into the U.S. for just that purpose from Ireland in the 1600's. It's a documented fact in public records.

Where's my reparations?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
These are valid questions. However, what purpose would there be, for instance, for a National Association for the Advancement of White People? Are whites not well-advanced in the United States?

I will not accuse you of being racist. I do, however, wonder how upset you get when contemplating these things? And if you feel disenfranchised, alienated, left behind, ignored, repressed, etc., then what is the cause of such feelings within you? And, more importantly, what is the solution? Noone is responsible for anyone else's feelings--only his or her own. The world's going to do what it's going to do--how will you respond?

For instance, I've noticed for several years now how, in commercials, television shows, and Hollywood films, the white guy is often made to appear as a bumbling fool, only to be out-cooled by a minority. Or how often do we see a white couple in a commercial, and the husband/boyfriend is a doofus, while his eminently wiser female companion is there to expose her man's simple-mindedness...

I took a film class at the University of Michigan in the late '90s called "Race and Ethnicity in American Cinema". This course attempted to expose the perpetuation of racial stereotypes in Hollywood--see 'King Kong', 'Gone With the Wind', 'Chinatown', etc. And, of course, it is a valid point. Nowadays, it seems like Hollywood has decided it can better serve its agenda [profit and persuasion] by more frequently putting the white male in the role of bottom-of-the-social-totem-pole, so to speak.

HOWEVER, we must remember the ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation of the VAST MAJORITY of the PTB.

[from 'The Good Shepherd', 2006]
Joseph Palm [played by Joe Pesci]i: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the n*****s, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?
Edward Wilson [title character, played by Matt Damon]: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

Tough to argue with that synopsis of things, however frustrating the reality may be.

My solution: don't waste too much energy getting too angry about it. In my experience, there are many things which are much more worthy of my attention then worrying about whether or not I'm being discriminated against. It is unfortunate human nature to be afraid of those who are different than we are. It's actually part of our animal nature. Fortunately, we also have to capacity to love. And rise above.

[edit on 8.19.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm a WASP male and I see no reason to be whining about my status in America. I surely don't feel like a 2nd class citizen.
I experience every damn day opportunities that minority's still have to struggle for. I certainly don't begrudge women, blacks, gays or anyone else if they want to hold a little march or get together to make themselves feel better.

White men are still at the top of the pay scale ladder. That's an important group to belong to. And I see no reason to be a crybaby or even remotely complain about my status in American society.

coloradoconfidential.com...;jsessionid=7336CA0E9E98C11DE583C1D5B38B15C7?diaryId=3559

[edit on 19-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
These are valid questions. However, what purpose would there be, for instance, for a National Association for the Advancement of White People? Are whites not well-advanced in the United States?

No, caucasions are the only non-protected ethnicity and the only group that has no specific scholarships, programs, etc.. to help them.

I will not accuse you of being racist. I do, however, wonder how upset you get when contemplating these things?

I'll be perfectly honest. I find most of it ironically amusing with the exception of the governments catering to illegal immigrants.

And if you feel disenfranchised, alienated, left behind, ignored, repressed, etc., then what is the cause of such feelings within you?

The cause is that caucasions are left behind, ignored, repressed, etc...

And, more importantly, what is the solution?

It's easy really. Equal treatment for all ethnic groups.

For instance, I've noticed for several years now how, in commercials, television shows, and Hollywood films, the white guy is often made to appear as a bumbling fool, only to be out-cooled by a minority. Or how often do we see a white couple in a commercial, and the husband/boyfriend is a doofus, while his eminently wiser female companion is there to expose her man's simple-mindedness...

I took a film class at the University of Michigan in the late '90s called "Race and Ethnicity in American Cinema". This course attempted to expose the perpetuation of racial stereotypes in Hollywood--see 'King Kong', 'Gone With the Wind', 'Chinatown', etc. And, of course, it is a valid point. Nowadays, it seems like Hollywood has decided it can better serve its agenda [profit and persuasion] by more frequently putting the white male in the role of bottom-of-the-social-totem-pole, so to speak.

HOWEVER, we must remember the ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation of the VAST MAJORITY of the PTB.

[from 'The Good Shepherd', 2006]
Joseph Palm [played by Joe Pesci]i: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the n*****s, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?
Edward Wilson [title character, played by Matt Damon]: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

Tough to argue with that synopsis of things, however frustrating the reality may be.

My solution: don't waste too much energy getting too angry about it. In my experience, there are many things which are much more worthy of my attention then worrying about whether or not I'm being discriminated against. It is unfortunate human nature to be afraid of those who are different than we are. It's actually part of our animal nature. Fortunately, we also have to capacity to love. And rise above.

[edit on 8.19.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

Very well thought out. Thank you for posting

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I agree with the premise of your post. My only question about B.E.T and other programming of its nature is if its purpose is to present a cultural outlet or simply a racial one. If it is the latter I think it would by definition be racist. However I don't see an issue with cultural programming or celebrations. I.e. St Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by jfj123

I agree with the premise of your post. My only question about B.E.T and other programming of its nature is if its purpose is to present a cultural outlet or simply a racial one. If it is the latter I think it would by definition be racist. However I don't see an issue with cultural programming or celebrations. I.e. St Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, etc.

Very interesting points. My question is IF someone were to start a CET station, would BET accuse them of being racist? I don't know the answer but have a feeling they would.
Thanks for your post

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Very interesting points. My question is IF someone were to start a CET station, would BET accuse them of being racist? I don't know the answer but have a feeling they would.

Check out CMT [Country Music Television] now that's a white as rice TV channel if I ever saw one. Are they racist? I don't think they are.
They are just expressing an aesthetic, cultural approach that appeals mainly to white people. Just like BET programming appeals to people of color. Big Deal.

There are plenty of channels that are geared to a particular demographic.
That's not being racist.....It's called marketing.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I would imagine they would. It could be argued that Caucasian is not a culture but only a race where as American Black is a culture. I wonder if anyone would have a problem with an Italian entertainment Channel or an Irish E.C..

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by jfj123

Check out CMT [Country Music Television] now that's a white as rice TV channel if I ever saw one. Are they racist? I don't think they are.

That station is all about a type of music and not about a certain ethnic background.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

What ever color Americans are we get what we settle for. I have noticed that rude people in this country usually do not discriminate based on race but white people also fall into the trap of believing they are being snubbed because of their skin color. The only thing any one can do is walk out on people who are disrespectful.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Good questions OP. Many of these inequalities have angered me in the past until I realized that only Caucasian people can be racists(slight sarcasm).

Call all humans what they are......."people". We all need to stop classifying people into groups. This is the problem. Races are still segregated in statistics, which is what is keeping the hate machine switched on. The media further segregates everyone in a similar regard. We must unite as "people" only(not NWO style). The only problem is, no one will act on this idea until we breed ourselves into one race over the next several hundred years.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
I would imagine they would. It could be argued that Caucasian is not a culture but only a race where as American Black is a culture. I wonder if anyone would have a problem with an Italian entertainment Channel or an Irish E.C..

Herein lies the problem. Unlike most other nations that exist as one culture, America has become multicultural. Whereas the melting pot concept of America brings in multiple cultures to blend into one, today it seems the various cultural groups in America prefer to identify more with a given culture and self segregate. In some cases, like like the Latino immigrant (mostly due to the vast illegal group,) they seem to expect the other groups to cater to their cultural aspects.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Here, let me put you in contact with some like minded individuals.

Actually this might be helpful to a few ATS members from what I have seen lately:

Allow me to first introduce their "Statement of Principals"
Keep in mind that this group is pro-white as you yourself declare to be, and say that they have nothing against other races.

STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES

The Political Cesspool Radio Program stands for the The Dispossessed Majority. We represent a philosophy that is pro-White and are against political centralization. You can trust The Political Cesspool to give you the "other side of the news" - to report on events which are vital to your welfare but which would otherwise be hushed up or distorted by the controlled press.

We make no attempt to give you "both sides." We'll leave the establishment side to your daily newspaper, television and other radio shows. We will bring to you some of the most renowned thinkers, writers, pundits, activists, entertainers and elected officials each broadcast as our guests. Furthermore, we pledge that The Political Cesspool will correct any meaningful error or fact. Make up your own mind who is being honest with you: the establishment media or The Political Cesspool Radio Program.

The United States government should be independent of any international organization of governments and American law should not be imposed by organizations such as the United Nations.

America would not be as prosperous, ruggedly individualistic, and a land of opportunity if the founding stock were not Europeans.

Since family is the foundation of any strong society, we are against feminism, abortion, and primitivism.

Private property rights are inviolable. They come from our God-given right to life.
We wish to revive the White birthrate above replacement level fertility and beyond to grow the percentage of Whites in the world relative to other races.

Issues such as education, environmental law, and police should be decentralized down to the lowest level to insure natural rights and efficiency.

Secession is a right of all people and individuals. It was successful in 1776 and this show honors those who tried to make it successful in 1865.

We are cultural conservatives because we have certain morals to which we adhere. We are against homosexuality, vulgarity, loveless sex, and masochism.

We wish for American government to stop interfering politically, militarily, and socially outside of the borders of the United States of America. We want non-interventionism.

Furthermore, we heartily endorse and accept as our own, the founding tenets of the Council of Conservative Citizens.

We believe the United States is a Christian country.

The United States is a sovereign and independent nation.

We believe the United States is a European country and that Americans are part of the European people.

The United States is a constitutional republic.

We believe in States' Rights, the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and the Bill of Rights.

The traditional family is the basic unit of human society.

Private property and free enterprise are the foundations of our economy.

We must have cultural, national, and racial integrity.

A strong national defense is imperative.

Our nation needs an "America First" Foreign Policy.

Our nation needs "America First" Trade Policies.

Traditional education should remain under local control.

We advocate strong and just law enforcement.

English is the official language to be used in public discourse in America.

We believe in the protection of our environmental and natural heritage.

You can learn more by visiting here.

Sounds good to me!
Remember, not racism, just white pride.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

are hetero caucasions 2nd class citizens in the US?

Not if they're hot and blessed with stirring booties.

Nazi germany
white slavery
inquisition
salem witch trials

And the skin colour of dem dat perpetrated dese atrooshus trials on de white folks were what? Fuchsia?

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
I will not accuse you of being racist.

No, we don't embarrass people by publicly pointing out that their pants are full of holes.

new topics

top topics

join