It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the big pink 5?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone here has seen the new (I guess it's not that new any more) five dollar bill. My question is: Why a big pink 5? I had my suspicions about it being a kind of conditioning thing to get us ready for a lady pres., but now that sounds a little ludicrous. Maybe it's something to add to the ( forgive me, if I offend any women. I really have no intentions of arguing with anyone who get's offended by that, and decides to get negative. ) whole women's rights stuff comming into play so the average woman can get out and work along with the man, so that the "man" can prey on our young, while both parents are physically and mentally tired all of the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am pretty sure it is just for counterfeiting purposes. A splash of color makes it harder to duplicate.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Larry Felix, director of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, said in an interview that the large 5 was for the visually impaired.

You'd think that some sort of Braille on bills would be helpful to even more of the visually impaired community. That huge colorful "5" reminds me of the old SNL routine with Garrett Morris shouting "News for the Hard of Hearing".

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
CONDITIONING.

In order to make it easier for the American public to accept the new incoming 'Amero' currency, the order was given to put colors on the bills so that they would look more like canadian bills and mexican. Once the american public is conditioned to seeing color on their bills, the 'Amero' will slide in easier.

my 2 cents.

top topics

join