posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
Thanks for the reply, sc2099,
I didn't mean for this to be a blatant plug*, but I suppose one could misconstrue it as that. Perhaps it is my fault for not providing ample points
for discussion. My aim was to help promote awareness of subjects within the collection of pieces, not necessarily for the artist, but for the content.
Plus, I'm a greenhorn here, still learning the ropes, so thanks for the prodding, it helps me know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do
in the future.
I was sent this by a co-worker and thought ATS would like seeing some of the subjects they talk about frequently put into actual imagery. Having just
the numbers thrown around in threads, sans any actual eye candy, leaves for some vacant, non-impacted people. The numbers don't seem to hit home like
- Do you think the artist's representation of the individual subjects are accurate?
- Do you think the abundance of such things, at such levels, is something that should just be accepted and not confronted, thought about, and at least
attempted to be rectified?
- His presentation is a instant favorite of mine, simply because of the variety of perspectives he provides. Each piece gives a different impression,
from macro to micro.
- Numbers are fascinating... especially when they approach incomprehensible values. Have you ever seen a million dollars, or a bar at full 400 persons
occupancy, or a billion barrels of oil lined up? One can imagine, but when they're actually shown
- I would love to see a representation of simple human population in a similar manner, and the forecast of it increasing over the years. Any subjects
you think would be worth covering, that would enlighten others?
*note - No, I'm not this artist, nor a friend, nor a business associate. I'm simply a fan of art, which is a big part of the media, dontcha think? I
am, however, a big advocate of a Zero-Waste philosophy, or at least, creating the smallest amount of waste humanly possible (which is pretty friggin'
My apologies for "plugging" but I certainly hope some found some enjoyment in this or at least were slightly intrigued.
Thanks for taking the time to gander,