It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School boy stabs 16 year old to death, satanism and music blamed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

JOHANNESBURG - A MATRIC pupil wielding a “ninja-type” sword and professing to be a Satanist killed a schoolboy, injured another and seriously injured two staff members.

The 18-year-old went on the rampage at the Nic Diederichs Technical High School in Krugersdorp before assembly and stabbed a 16-year-old Grade 9 pupil in the neck. The victim was declared dead on the scene.

Krugersdorp councillor Alex Raubenheimer said pupils at the scene told him the boy was “high on drugs” and “dressed like Joey Jordison”, a drummer of the band Slipknot.

“He said Satan told him to kill the children,” said Raubenheimer.

Police Captain Jacob Raboroko said: “The matric pupil was carrying a ninja-type sword and was wearing a balaclava over his face and had smeared his face with black paint. After stabbing the 16-year-old pupil he stabbed a gardener in the face and hit another on the back.”

The suspect then stabbed another pupil in the face. “Another pupil who saw this happening suffered an asthma attack,” said Capt Raboroko.

Police said the injured gardeners, the pupil who was stabbed in the face and the one who suffered an asthma attack were all taken to hospital.

Parents also confirmed that at least one girl who witnessed the slaying had to be sedated and was traumatised.

The attacker’s younger brother at the school grabbed the sword after the boy had thrown it to the ground.

After the stabbing teachers took the boy to the principal’s office. Capt Raboroko said the boy did not resist arrest.

“Wat nou, meneer? (What now, sir?),” the suspect asked the school principal after the attacks.

“He was very calm when we arrested him in the staff room,” said Capt Raboroko, declining to comment on reports that the boy was “high on drugs”.

Community leader Pierre Eksteen, who is in charge of a school support network for children, told reporters outside the deserted school grounds that “Satanic music was probably the cause of the attack”.

Teacher union Sadtu has described the ongoing violent incidents in schools as a reflection of how violent society has become. It called on government to admit there was a problem and to discuss solutions.

The Citizen

This happened in South Africa. My question is, why is the music blamed? Sure Slipknot is one hell of a hardcore band, I'm not a fan but cmon! I think parents should stop blaming other people for their broken kids. This according to me is one hell of a weird incident. The fact that the boy did that without panicking afterwards, and going on as if he looked under a girl's dress... South Africa is not Iraq people is not used to killing other people

The 18 year old said satan asked him to do it... If any satanist reads this, please comment on that
Maybe satan did help him?? My Joey Jordison has mind control
We'll never know

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Jeez... I listen to Slipknot, sure I get a little hyped but come on!! Murder sprees are not part of my mellow man.. This guy was just pure looney material and needed an excuse to kill for his SHISH parents... the drugs probably didnt help much

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Slipknot is no Satanic band! I could tell anyone anything they wanted to know about those gods of metal!

I agree; parents never put the blame on the condition of their child. I know some kids who did some pretty stupid things at school and other children picking on them was said to be the cause. That's more plausible, but music? SATAN? C'mon!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow that has to be one of the more disturbing stories this year. Stabbing someone in the face is *Snip* vicious. Damn! That'll need some serious reconstructive plastic surgery which I would expect the kid's parents to cover for the victim.

Blaming music and Satan is quite the cop out... What happened to blaming the parents? Or how bout the kid!? I'm not into Slip Knot but I've heard their crap and I can't say any faces were stabbed... If anything you'd expect him to remove his own ears..

Mod Edit: Profanity

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.
Terms and Conditions

[edit on 19-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When some psycho mom drowns her kids because they're infected with demons, not very many people go around "blaming" Jesus and the New Testament or Christian rock.

It's called insanity, folks. Works both ways.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
When some psycho mom drowns her kids because they're infected with demons, not very many people go around "blaming" Jesus and the New Testament or Christian rock.

It's called insanity, folks. Works both ways.

Quoted for truth.

This is some one who just slipped off sanity street into madness boulevard.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow, they didnt blame video games?

+1 point.

Still the author finishes at about -1000 points...

Fail.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
People are always going to blae music movies games books everyhting for the crazy crap people do. Why? Because no one wants to take responsiility for themselves. I will quote the great Pete Townsend who had ths to say about columbine and blaming music for it. "If you kill someone because some @!!#$%^ with a guitar tells you to then you are an @!!#$%^ and would have killed them anyway, just using music as an excuse."

When we finally stand up and take some responsibility fr ourselves an stp blaming music and the like for stuff then maybe we will get to the bototm of what causes things like this to happen. And for the record all I have ever felt like doing after listening to slipknot is ripping those masks off their faces cause the masks are kinda lame and overdone.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky
Slipknot is no Satanic band! I could tell anyone anything they wanted to know about those gods of metal!

I agree; parents never put the blame on the condition of their child. I know some kids who did some pretty stupid things at school and other children picking on them was said to be the cause. That's more plausible, but music? SATAN? C'mon!

Man I agree, they have some sick video's but that's all for show in my opinion. And it doesn't matter how sick the music is, I mean if you have seen Cradle of Filth's music video's you should know that is extreme satanic but I actually like their music but never even had the brain wave to pick up swords and let the heads roll.... What a nutcase

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Haha, amen

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Again more proof that what you take in and absorb on a daily basis does cause violent behavior in those either prone to it, or mentally ill.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar
South Africa is not Iraq people is not used to killing other people

Really? I was kind of under the impression this can and does happen everywhere in the world.

As has been mentioned to blame Satan or Music is a cop out. Lets go ahead and spin those cd's backwards and see what they really are saying.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

Originally posted by Saidar
South Africa is not Iraq people is not used to killing other people

Really? I was kind of under the impression this can and does happen everywhere in the world.

As has been mentioned to blame Satan or Music is a cop out. Lets go ahead and spin those cd's backwards and see what they really are saying.

Of course it happens all around the world but I don't know about you but I don't see people getting stabbed by swords in the mall everyday while doing my weekly shopping... Even if a normal person had the motive to kill somebody with a sword I personally think that he wouldn't be able to do it because thinking about it is one thing but actually doing it is another story. The fact that he stabbed three guys must point to another source, something that helped him. Drugs? Music? Satan? Don't know but it must have been a powerful influence

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Once again the human race disappoints me. I cannot express how frustrating it is to have someone claim that Satanism or heavy metal are responsible for poor decisions. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT MENTALLY SANE!

I've studied Satanism and in no way does it tell you to kill kids. Nor does Satan ask these things of his followers. For those who care Satan is depicted (in Satanism) as the pinnacle of indepedent strength; physically, mentally, and spiritually. He encourages personal growth in order to educate yourself and to become a stronger spiritual being, not a raving lunatic. He also would not be summoning demons as it takes years of spiritual training to begin communicating with them.

The music part is complete BS. I don't listen to slipknot because I think they're too tame actually. The bands I listen to (Mayhem, Marduk, Emperor, Darkthrone, etc.) are WAY WAY WAY heavier, WAY WAY WAY darker, and WAY WAY WAY more graphic with their lyrics. I personally do not even condone violence. The people I know who are also into this music also do not kill people. We may talk about how the human race deserves to be wiped out for its stupidity at times but that is just talk; I'm sure most people have gotten frustrated when they hear about genocide, war, deforestation, pollution, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Slipknot... "gods of metal?"

I enjoy nu-metal and grindcore, but the "gods of metal" label is reserved for actual heavy metal bands like Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, Metallica, and Slayer.

As for the whole "blame the music" crap, once again we see humanities retarded addiction to always trying to pass the buck away from personal responsibility. You didn't see me blaming Barry White, Fredrick's of Hollywood, and a bottle of Korbel for the conception of my son, so why in the hell do video games, movies, and music get blamed for violent acts? It's reverse natural selection, actually. Those who are weak minded enough to allow a video game or CD to drive them to slaughter people clearly are of no use to the world and need to be erradicated. Sadly, they're the ones that end up doing the killing and, more often than not, avoid the death penalty themselves through their "The devil made me do it!" insanity defense.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The information in the article is not exactly accurate. The main reason Slipknot is being mentioned is because the boy had 4 masks - similar to those of the Slipknot band members.

A reliable source said Harmse had brought four masks, similar to those worn by the heavy metal band SLIPKNOT, in his school bag.

Apparently he was also carrying three swords.

The source said one of the masks was white, similar to that of SLIPKNOT drummer Joey Jordison.

Another mask was a clown mask, similar to that of SLIPKNOT percussionist Shawn Crahan, and the third mask was a gasmask as worn by the DJ, Sid Wilson.

During the attack Harmse apparently wore the mask that is similar to the one belonging to the lead singer Corey Taylor.

One of many sources

Also take a look at the first line from the song "Disasterpiece" by Slipknot:

I wanna slit your throat and [SNIP] the wound
I wanna push my face in and feel the swoon
I wanna dig inside, find a little bit of me
Cuz the line gets crossed when you don't come clean

This is not the first time Slipknot (and this song) has been blamed for teen violence. See the "Jason Lamar Harris" case (California):
Like so

Not saying that Slipknot is guilty of anything. But if you fill your head with enough anger, hate, etc. it's going to spill. In the end you're responsible for your own actions.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Slipknot... "gods of metal?"

I enjoy nu-metal and grindcore, but the "gods of metal" label is reserved for actual heavy metal bands like Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Motorhead, Metallica, and Slayer.

Whatever Dream Theater and Children of Bodom rules

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Scurvy you left out Venom. Anyway, something just won't let melet go of this article and it makes me keep thiking, how did this kid get to school with 3 swrods and no one notice or do anyhting? Why is it as soon as this kid was seen he was not thrown against the wall and cuffed for brnging swords to school. Swords are not knives, he couldn't just hide them in his backpack or pocket. Some of the blame needs to be put on teachers at the school ad any security they might have. Not for wht the kid did, but for the fact that it as allowed to happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You know what is funny, yet noone ever brings up? (I am a huge Slipknot fan by the way) Most of the members of Slipknot are Christian or Atheist. None of them are Satanists. Their songs mostly talk about being yourself, saying f-u to the gov., or not putting up with other peoples crap...doesnt sound to bad to me. They use strong lyrics to get the message across, but to people that actually LISTEN to the lyrics, it makes perfect sense.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join