It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About keeping the body clean in the bible.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hi there.

In the bible and the Koran it stats many times that you must keep your body clean, ie not to eat pork, have sex out of marriage, blood transfusions etc ( JW's ) not to have tattoo's, etc etc

Then I read about the dulce base where Aliens alledgely eat humans as their food.
Were we told to keep our body's pure so that we could be sacrificed or seen as a ready supply of food to alien's ?????

I know it sounds crazy but i'm sure some of you out there may have thought about this !

Sorry if this has been posted before.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by colec156]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Kinda like having food in your refrigerator that takes care of itself to prevent rotting?

Perhaps, but I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to eat pork or have sex out of marriage or have blood transfusions.

And out of those 3 sex out of marriage would be the weirdest one for me.
Why not? More food right?

I know that the food that you eat can determine the taste of your semen, but I've never heard of eating pork making you taste ''bad''. lol

[edit on 19/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

The bible is a collection of fables and parables and symbolic literature, not to be taken seriously.

And until there is proof of aliens anywhere on our planet, i wouldn't worry yourself about that either.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

I think, so to speak if we were raised as say alien food, it would be like trying to keep us disease free so to speak, who knows, pork is seen in the koran as a dirty meat so... thats my line of thought.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hi Blupblup..

Im not at all worried, it was juat something I was thinking about while at work today. When I was watching someone deliver the blood for transfusions.

It was just a thought of why did god want to keep are body's so pure ?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If pork is not thoroughly cooked, there is a chance to get very sick. The rule about pork was a more to do about health than anything else. The other rules were also about health and keeping one fit to be able to work the farm and other chores. They knew if people bathed, they did not get sick. They did not know about germs, but learned enough that if certain things weren't done in a kosher or clean way, people would get sick. If you keep it as a part of a religious rite, people will do it and it would be passed down to each generation.

Aliens eating us at Dulce? I am not to worried about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Very good points there kidflash.
I never looked at it that way, but thanks for giving me and showing me the other side of things.

Again the dulce alien business, its only what I read.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

While the Bible is against shaving, the Romans had their soldiers cut their hair and shave their facial hair. The main reason is so an opposing soldier can't grab the soldiers hair or beard and slay him. Ever try to grab a kid with a crewcut you were chasing when you were young? It is instinctive to grab at the hair to pull someone down.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Probably it was just an attempt to get people to keep some basic health and hygenic routines--they are much more apt to follow that if you couche it in religious significance. For example not eatching pork will prevent trichinosis.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Hi, that's great.

How do you know god wanted us to keep our bodies pure?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I agree with the posters that say it's a health issue... if you got a blood tranfusion back then it probably would have killed you because of the diffrent types of blood...

new topics

top topics

join