It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Pic from Georgia (not USA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The following is a MUFON report that looks interesting for two reasons. 1st, a decent UFO pic, 2nd we were training troops in Georgia just before the fight? Did we know it was coming?

For the record, I wasn't even "UFO hunting". I'm not even sure of the photo I have...

It was hot, very hot that morning and colleagues of mine were conducting a training exercise for some US Army National Guard, US Marines, and Republic of Georgia Military forces at a range nearby to Vasiani Airbase, Republic of Georgia. I was in fact focused on the training at hand and was using my camera as a training aid to point out potential strengths and weaknesses of any particular units maneuver techniques.
This all goes very well and I end up with roughly 200 photos or so over the course of a week and a half. (Yes, this was just prior to the little spat between Georgia and Russia - we were complete with training only 3 days prior to the whole fanfare...)
These photos fly home with me to Germany where I am stationed and I think little of them, planning to discard the photos that didn't turn out so well and toss the rest in a folder on a hardrive for historical records.
While reviewing the photos, I come across one in particular with what appears to be a blemish on the lens (it may yet turn out to be that, but read on...) Thinking that the lens must have had a dirt smudge or something on it, I scan through to the next few photos in that set and find nothing out of the ordinary. So I go back to this blemished photo and begin to analyze what I am seeing.
The picture was taken from a Canon PowerShot SD1000, 7.1 Mpix. at maximum resolution (I have a 2GB storage card, so who cares how big the photos are...I like the detail). This allowed me to zoom in and at least try to see if any more detail could be revealed. Of course, I was disappointed to see nothing but a gray cigar shaped blob with a samll roundish bulb above and below its shape.
Zooming out from the photo, you will se that the foreground is clear and in focus but this object is still fuzzy. I swear to myself that it must have been a bug or something crossing the FOV, but wouldn't it be a little clearer in focus?
Or maybe it is in the background but moving so fast that it is out of focus? I'm not sure. I will rule out low and slow aircraft because the area you see in the picture is a "Live fire range" (shooting range) and forthe Army, firing live ammo is not allowed when the potential to harm is evident. So this area has been given a green light be the powers that be for us to conduct training with live ammunition. this means...you guessed it...nothing downrange (that we know of).
Anyway, you have a look at it, disseminate it, spread it around.
A few questions come to mind when I look at this: If it is far enough away to be blurry, just how big is it? If it isn't far away, why then is it blurry? It looks close, but there is no shadow cast. I've lived in a desert for nearly 7 years and I understand how distances can be deceptive - but if this thing is maybe 5-10 miles (my somewhat educated guess) it has to be huge and moving very swiftly (and silently) for no one to take any particular notice.
I try to be a skeptic about photos, but as I took this one myself, I have trouble believing what I am seeing. Let better minds than mine come up with an explanation. I want to think "spacecraft", but the little voice is saying "bird"...

Included are photos of area taken seconds apart (all three are part of the set)

Thanks

MUFON report

[edit on 19-8-2008 by network dude]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Network Dude

the link does not seem to work,

seems like an interesting sighting as

Military observers

Timing

a Photo would help lots!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I just fixed it.

There is only one image from the report. I guess he only uploaded the important one to MUFON.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
A copy and paste of the link works now.

Need the Photoshop guys to look at this,P

However im sure its been posted already, I recognize it, could be from another site though.

and probably military craft of some type.

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If it has already been posted, I will add it to the list of things I got Scooped on. I did search for it with no hits. It just looked like an interesting report that wasn't a pie tin above a tree.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It could still be a bug, and not be in focus. If the bug is moving at a decent clip close to the lens it would produce something like this.

But it could be anything. I don't see anything here worth discussing. We have a blurry thing in a photo, that could easily be a plane from a distance (doubtful, but still a slight possibility), a bug or anything really.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

you certanly do live up to your name.
you don't even want to discuss the training aspect of the post? Please go back to your cubicle. Nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What the heck does training foreign forces have to do with Aliens and Ufos anyway? Am I missing something here?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Could it be a UAV plane?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

you certanly do live up to your name.
you don't even want to discuss the training aspect of the post? Please go back to your cubicle. Nothing to see here.

My buddy just got back from training in Georgia a couple weeks ago. Whats the big deal? That blur could be a million different things and yet you jump on alien spaceship. Why?

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

could you please point to the part in my post where I mentioned alien space ship? I'll wait here. Just let me know when you find it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Aparently we have to go through this again for the slow people. UFO is an acronym for Unidetified Flying Object. The operative word there is Unidetified. If it is a dragonfly, untill we all agree it is, it's a UFO. Nowhere in the definition of UFO does it state that little green men are associated with every UFO. I am quite sure 90% of the thinigs we see that we can't explain are terestrial objects that just looked wierd at the time. Should we all adopt a new term for the unexplainable objects in the sky, or would it be easier to just understand the original interpertaion of the term UFO? There will be a class on Thursday.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i33.tinypic.com...
All I see is a slight burr in the distance.
And judging by the pixel changing it seems to not match the sky pixels so is probably put there.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

that is all we ever see. it is a nice blur though, don't you think?

I just thought this report was a little better than most.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You call that a decent picture? It's so decent it good be just about anything, from a bird to a photo stain to an alien out of space..

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It has a dark violet light emitting friend upper left.

So just figure out what emits dark violet light and how is it done.

How about a rain cloud.

The flat cloud has a keel wing.

An electrostatic disturbance emitting high atomic vibrations.

If it appeared in only one of a set of same seen photos it was inter dimensional.

new topics

top topics

join