It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo captive 'worked with CIA'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
this is extremely fascinating. This guy's father was involved with Bin Laden and Khadr says he personally knew him. It amazing how we pick our enemies and friends.

news.bbc.co.uk...
A Canadian man recently released from Guantanamo Bay in Cuba has been telling the BBC how he worked there undercover for the CIA.
Abdurahman Khadr, the son of alleged former senior al-Qaeda member Ahmed Said, is now back in his native Canada.
He was initially detained in Afghanistan after the fall of the Taleban, and was first interviewed by British forces.
He told BBC World Service's Outlook programme he was subsequently held in a "series of jails" before agreeing to work with the CIA.
He says the CIA initially planned to send him to Pakistan.
"That didn't work out, and they decided to send me to Cuba to work for them there."
The BBC asked the CIA for its reaction to Mr Khadr's comments but it said it would not comment on such matters.
Frustrated
Mr Khadr said he was handed over to the American troops on 12 March, 2003.
"They put me next to people which were stubborn and wouldn't talk to them, and try to talk these people into saying stuff to me," he said.
You know that you cannot go anywhere and you are totally under the control of the person that's interrogating you
Abdurahman Khadr
"Then I would tell it to the CIA."

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wondered if he got paid with his freedom only???

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i can't believe no one is reading this? how come I am the only one that finds this to be interesting??? As more prisoners are released from Gitmo, I think we hear many more "fascinating" stories.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I read it...still thinking about this and how it ties to the evil Bush...kidding.

It doesn't surprise me that we would do this. We've done it inside the prison system in the US, I believe. Wonder if they gave him preferential treatment or if he had to go through the crap of the other detainees.

The part that bothers me is that have 80% innocent in there. Now, the guy could be kidding the BBC, but I figured there would be about 50%. I had no clue an estimate of 80%. I won't buy into it of course until further research. But this article does make me ask what the hell is this war on terror doing if it would have a success rate of 1/5.

top topics

join