It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is not white or black,he's mocha

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have always been bothered with the arguments between people that Jesus is a black man or that he his a white man, well I think that the answer is pretty obvious. Jesus was born in Jerusalem. Jerusalem is in Israel and Israel is in the middle east, so unless he was the only blonde haired white man in Israel at the time; I think its pretty clear that he looked very similar to the people of Israel today. Dark hair and brown skin, so Jesus was middle eastern and if you want to get real technical since the middle eat is in Asia, he's actually Asian. Well I just really needed to vent this, so thanks for listening (well reading).

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Actually, Jewish tradition has King David having a light complexion with red hair . . . it could be possible that since Jesus has that ancestry, that he would have the same look.

My guess is a light olive color with brown hair

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

Thank you for the post. And very clever. "He's Mocha".

Any argument to say that he is white or black is pure ignorance. The bible was rewritten so many times to persuade the masses that everyone that's a religious nut has it wrong. Just don't hate anyone or cause mental or physical harm and you will be okay. No need for religion.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

FYI, Isreal was'nt created at that time, Israel was created in 1948, that land was called "Palestine" and it was occupied by Romans, and it was populated with different people, like Arabs (Kanaani),jews, Romans, Greek, Egyptians, Syrians...etc, so don't belive the lies of pro-Israel lobby and neo-conservatives, that Jews had ruled Palestine 1000000 years a go it's all ****, jews were followers of a relegion from different kinds of people, and in Torah it's forbidden for Jews to establish a state because it will lead the demise of Judiasm followers. So Chris may have been a Kanaanite or Greek???!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tamar.kh85

don't belive the lies of pro-Israel lobby and neo-conservatives, that Jews had ruled Palestine 1000000 years

Totally agree with that. Anyone who claims that Jews ruled Palestine 1000000 years, is wrong.
But other stuff in your post is just as wrong as the quote above.

Israel was created in 1948, that land was called "Palestine" and it was occupied by Romans, and it was populated with different people, like Arabs (Kanaani),Jews, Romans, Greek, Egyptians, Syrians

?????
Palestine was British-controlled territory. Romans are gone 1500 years ago.
If you speak about those times and simply i did not understand you correctly, it is still false. Romans occupied Judea - and it was how it was named in historical documents of the time. Only after revolt of Bar Kohva the province got name Palastina.
Of course, the fact that people of different nationalities lived there - is correct. But German person living now in UK does not mean that UK is called now Northumbria.

Jews were followers of a relegion from different kinds of people, and in Torah it's forbidden for Jews to establish a state because it will lead the demise of Judaism followers.

Where in Torah it says such a thing? Source, pretty please....
Most of religious Jews were against modern state of Israel. But it is not written in Torah. It is interpretation of Messianic prophecies. What it has to do with existence of ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judea?
I do not know who Jesus was -Jew or not. But his name is not Egyptian - if you show me that Syrians/Greeks/Romans/other respected nations used names like Yeshua,Mir yam,Yosef - i will consider your version more well-founded. For what it's worth, of course. Also, those 12 apostles - don't almost all of them have the same Jewish names? Why this obsession with Jewish names from different nations?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Right now I can't provide you with that verse from Torah which says that any political entity is forbidden for Jews (I don't have time) but the real Savardeem Jews from the Middle east are against the Jewish state because of that prophecy from Torah, but Zionists rewrote new versions of Torah which do not have that verse, instead they wrote new verses that say that Messiah will return only when a Jewish state is established plus rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem. Zionists convinced evangelical Christians in the US that this fabricated information is true and without these two conditions they will not see the Messiah again. Naïve Christians, they do not know that Jews don't believe in Jesus and they believe that he is a false Messiah, and the real one is not him.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Why are people so worked up over his image? I do believe if you are looking at his image, then you are totally missing the point.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No, they're called, "Mud Babies" !

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well, my own personal Jesus is decaf.

Seriously though, if you’re a believer, pigment is immaterial. The Kingdom if God is a spiritual kingdom, and any focus on race is a distraction of the enemy. Racism is a product of the pride of life, something we all are subject to, and must fight against. I wouldn’t care if Yahshua was pink purple and polka dotted. If that’s the form God choose for his visitation, so be it.

top topics

join