It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine to offer Soviet Satellite Installation for Missile Defence Shield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Ukraine to offer Soviet Satellite Installation for Missile Defence Shield

www.telegr aph.co.uk

Ukraine inflamed mounting East-West tensions yesterday by offering up a Soviet-built satellite facility as part of the European missile defence system.

The proposal, made amid growing outrage among Russia's neighbours over its military campaign in Georgia, could see Ukraine added to Moscow's nuclear hitlist. A Russian general declared Poland a target for its arsenal after Warsaw signed a deal with Washington to host interceptor missiles for America's anti-nuclear shield.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's remarkable how Eastern Europe suddenly fully supports a missile defence shield after Russia's irrational attack on Georgia.

Having lived in Czech Republic myself this year, I know how much resistance there was against the radar installation that the US wanted to build on its soil. Also in Poland both the population and politicians hadn't made up their mind.

Days after the war between Georgia and Russia started, Poland spontaneously approved a missile defence system on its soil. Now Ukraine, which is even more strategically located, offers its Soviet radar installation, which the Soviets originally used as early warning system for incoming missiles from Europe will now be available for Europe and the US as part of the missile defence system.

I fully understand the Ukrainian leaders. Russia has started offering passports to their civilians and they could very well end up in a similar situation as Georgia, with provinces that want to break away to Russia.

I am happy Russia has given us a wake up call so at least we can prepare for the worst to come.

Russia is fully responsible for the caution of its neighbours after they have been suppressed for decades by the Soviets.

Due to its strategic location, it is very good news indeed that Ukraine strongly supports the West.

www.telegr aph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As usual, Russia is being used like a puppet by the Zionist Empire. And they're too stupid to know better. Too bad.
The Chinese would never make a mistake like this.

join