It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia considers nuclear missiles for Syria, Mediterranean, Baltic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
Those who advocate a war with Russia are you recommending suicide ? Once the nukes are let loose no one is a winner . really the whole world losses regardless of who is the last nation standing .

Even if it never comes to the nukes Russia wont be a total push over it is one of the few countries who has trained and can mobilize all of its military in 2-5 hrs .

The gunboat diplomacy is not the answer . Diplomacy where give and take occurs. Compromise on both sides .

Every one who is advocating a war with Russia do you already have a bomb shelter built and stocked for several years with plenty of items for decontamination ?

If not better do so before advocating a war with Russia !

Yeah right.Theodore Roosevelt said,"As a democracy speak softly but carry a big stick".Well weve spoken and are prepared to use that stick.Russia has already threatened a NATO ally Poland with nukes.Now go back to your russian foxhole.Nuff said.

P.S. I wonder if the civilians of Russia have guns?I bet they dont unless puny Putin gives them weapons.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Justice11]

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Justice11]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is it true that Russia has Tesla created weapons/shields or is this urban legends?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that a full all out combat with Russia would stay in conventional weapons. Us or them will resort to nuclear weapons .

Have you looked over this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If we dont play our cards right that could be Chicago New York LA Denver . The bomb dropped there was a baby bomb compared to what either of US or Russia has to day multiply that by 20 to 100 . 70,00 dead in i few seconds .

I dont want to see that on our soil or theirs either way the fall out will still circle the globe and spread its poison all over .

Speaking softly and carrying a big stick is fine but sometimes when its Mutual Assured Destruction its not the best policy . The nuclear stale mate of Mutual Assured Destruction has its acronym as MAD and for 65 years most people agree it is Madness.

Do we really want to play roulette and see MAD realized . Bet it all on black 8 bet it all towns lives schools children all of us give it a spin and lest see if we all go out in a blaze of glory .

I would much rather see if true diplomacy would work .

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

There will be resistance, i'm not denying that, but you seem to think every able man woman and child would grab and gun, sandbag their home and be able to put up a fight...it just won't happen that way

This isn't Independence day or armageddon where patriotism and flag waving Americans come together to fight a greater cause.

Russia invading would cause all hell to break lose, Americans would end up killing other Americans for weapons, food, shelter...etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Russia considers nuclear missiles for Syria, Mediterranean, Baltic

debka.com

DEBKAfile's military sources report Moscow's planned retaliation for America's missile interceptors in Poland and US-Israeli military aid to Georgia may come in the form of installing Iskandar surface missiles in Syria and its Baltic enclave of Kaliningrad.

Russian Baltic and Middle East warships, submarines and long-range bombers may be armed with nuclear warheads, according to Sunday newspapers in Europe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Russia's plans are a lot worse than 99% of the planet even suspects,
but I seriously think most world leaders already know about it as
it has been going on for years and has been discussed at the
highest level but the public has received what I call ...

The Mushroom Treatment - Keep you in the dark, and feed you manure.

The Russians are ready, and have been preparing for a long while.

www.globalsecurity.org...

I outlined the whole mess on another post that you should
consider at least browsing over.

The planned End of the World as we know it

Good Luck to you All !

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Excuse me for not reading every post ,but if Russia is sending a fleet of ships to the Caribbean, perhaps Cuba or Venezuela will host Russian military/nukes.To "show USA how it feels"to have enemy missiles next door. The Cuban missile crisis anybody? I thought it was rellevent more now with the Rusi/Georgia conflict hosting the "missile shield"just my thoughts,cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think in a conflict between the US and Russia, US would us small tactical nukes against military targets. However, I don't think it would become a big nuclear issue. I believe both sides would work out the issue before something like MAD would come into play. Of course it would be the losing side that would initiate something of that level, if it came to that.

This is just the Russians trying to play a card that the US doesn't want. They see this as the US making a move against them and they want to do something to prevent it. Russia is not crazy enough to launch nuclear missiles at the US. They could put one underneath my house and I wouldn't be worried about it. They don't want to end the world they just want to be recognized within it.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Originally posted by Mindsmog

Originally posted by Bama camper
Russia and Iran may be planning to combine forces,maby US should take out both asap!

that quote made my day, sorry to inform you mate but the USA is not capable of taking out russia and Iran, its not as simple as that. dont underestimate the russian war machine and on that note dont underestimate Iran either , they are no pushovers, for once I would be on russias side sick of the western hypocritical culture of do gooders and pompous idiots.

Can I ask what country you are from that we "do gooders and pompous idiots" Americans are protecting from the rest of your neighbors?

You are naive.

Edit:

I realize "America" sometimes screws the pooch, but at least we do something.. the rest of the world seems to just let the chips fall where they may. It it wasn't for America (and it's sometimes reluctant allies) the world would have probably have had a few more Hitlers by now.

You'd probably be a proverbial "Nazi" if not for the US. (directly or indirectly)

[edit on 18-8-2008 by gormly]

LOl you know nothing about me so stop presuming ...go back to your ranch

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
the cold easterner ruler would not boad well to test the metal of the broken western war lord. it can mean only one thing and frankie told his tales of woe in the 80s

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well Syria might want to reconsider nuclear missiles in its territory, unless they can subsist on a steady diet of glass. Getting involved with nukes is pretty serious business, and kinda sucks to be the little guy in such an exchange. It sucks being ANY guy in a nuclear exchange. But it really REALLY sucks being the little guy.

Just ask Saakashvili.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I think in a conflict between the US and Russia, US would us small tactical nukes against military targets. However, I don't think it would become a big nuclear issue. I believe both sides would work out the issue before something like MAD would come into play. Of course it would be the losing side that would initiate something of that level, if it came to that.

This is just the Russians trying to play a card that the US doesn't want. They see this as the US making a move against them and they want to do something to prevent it. Russia is not crazy enough to launch nuclear missiles at the US. They could put one underneath my house and I wouldn't be worried about it. They don't want to end the world they just want to be recognized within it.

Yeah, the Russians wouldn't dare use nukes, that is why they are
spending Billions on this massive underground city designed to
survive multiple successive direct hits from nuclear weapons:

From what I hear it is pretty much complete.

Also from what I hear they have a Stealth Cruise Missile that can
carry 200k - 500k nuclear warheads, and that is what is on all
those old bear bombers now.

chk paragraph #5.

Alot of ppl look at Russia as some washed up has-been.

The old planes are just a delivery truck for the real threat.

I am afraid you have been the victim propaganda.

The Russians have these Nuclear Stealth Cruise Missiles on
their bombers in Cuba right now, and in Venezuela as backup.

Can you say 5,000 km range on the new variant ?

They have them on their subs, and their ships.

So as a former Guided Missile Radar Tech for a missile system
that could fire nuclear weapons let me assure you, The Bear has claws.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Intressting points of view. I really hope USA stay out of this, couse its playing a big roll to far from its latitudes and making this problem a bigger one (wonder with wich motives).

NATO on the other hand should tone down their allegations that sometimes seem very erroneus and exagerated towards The Russian Federation.

Russia needs recognition for trying to keep balance in the world, NATO doesnt, USA doenst. I think Russia, russian people needs its recognition for helping The soviet Army, and the Europeans to be free in the second world war, by loosing 25 million people against the nazi.

In many countries in Europe, specially ex soviet republics history books have been changed, they dont tell the truth, fortunately some german writers and some german in high position in that time have been trying to warn that history about second war world slowely have been turned up side down, Suddenly is Rambo that saved the world, with help of Batman..

Unfortunately many books in school they dont tell the truth. And many history writers show their political view, saying Russian are communists.. etc..

Believe me Russians feels the most unjustified blamed people on earth.
and the situation right now is worse, they really suffer the lost of so many people in the world for europas freedom, and many europeans see russians as trash, during many years, still believing they belong the soviet, comunists..etc-..

many compares russia with soviet, there they make a big misstake, Russian etnicity was not allowed, or recognized under the Soviet Union.

Most important is to rebuild alliance with Russia, The russian people want to be a part of a global world. they want peace in our world.

Tell this to this histerical woman named Condolezza, and to the cowboy Bush.

Bush You dont want to have in a nuclear war in the year 2008.

Whats the problem with our polititians?, with the media?,

ONLY MONEY, OIL, POLITICS, POWER Dictates the world.

I feel ashame of being human.

We gonna destroy this world if we blid accept what is told to us.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Originally posted by Bama camper
Russia and Iran may be planning to combine forces,maby US should take out both asap!

that quote made my day, sorry to inform you mate but the USA is not capable of taking out russia and Iran, its not as simple as that. dont underestimate the russian war machine and on that note dont underestimate Iran either , they are no pushovers, for once I would be on russias side sick of the western hypocritical culture of do gooders and pompous idiots.

Can I ask what country you are from that we "do gooders and pompous idiots" Americans are protecting from the rest of your neighbors?

You are naive.

Edit:

I realize "America" sometimes screws the pooch, but at least we do something.. the rest of the world seems to just let the chips fall where they may. It it wasn't for America (and it's sometimes reluctant allies) the world would have probably have had a few more Hitlers by now.

You'd probably be a proverbial "Nazi" if not for the US. (directly or indirectly)

[edit on 18-8-2008 by gormly]

LOl you know nothing about me so stop presuming ...go back to your ranch

This reply is for the comment that the US cannot take out both
Iran and Russia.

This statement is so far from the truth it is not even funny.

The US submarine fleet could destroy the earth by itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

MIRV warheads, 24 missiles per sub, up to 192 warheads per sub.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are a few Virginia and Seawolf out there as well,
18 of the Ohio class as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

It becomes irrelevant who launches 10,000+ nukes or where they
land, the following nuclear winter would drop global temperatures
by as much 30 celsius.

Quote"The temperature changes are largest over land ... Cooling of more than –20°C occurs over large areas of North America and of more than –30°C over much of Eurasia, including all agricultural regions."

This would pretty much wipe out the grain belt on both continents.

The Alpha and Beta particles get in the soil and have a half life
of 28 years !

Nobody would win !

It would be a short term Ice Age that would kill billions.

Most would die due to radiation sickness over a long period of time
as it entered the food chain.

All the livestock in the Global Fallout would die.

Most fish would die, fresh and saltwater.

If the bombs, long term radiation sickness, don't get you then
starvation, temperature, and disease most likely would.

Your immune system gets a lot weaker in times like that.

The EMP's would shutdown all electrical and electronic power
grids, and most natural gas systems have some kind of eletronic
control systems and fail safes to the off position.

So it would most likely turn the natural gas systems off.

Even the southern hemisphere would be affected to a lesser degree.

Nuclear Winter is hideous.

Never the less the Russians are ready for this:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join