It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a normal diet consists of?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ok here is my problem, i havent worked out in a while and not fully hydrated.

but i eat alot

i wake up and eat bacon and eggs and then usually every two to three hours i eat chicken and some vegtables but i cant seem to find any nourshment at all. like i feel deprived.

last night i ate jack n the box and it was like the biggest relief ever. total hydration. i ate some roast when i got home and that helped but usually after i eat breakfast my life is miserable. its like i cannot consume enough or not consumeing the right materials.

is this because it is summer. i eat alot in the winter but it seems to coinside better than in the summer.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
is this part of puberty or something because i have seen pictures of people online and they also looked starved as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To be hydrated has to do with the amount of liquids you take in, not necessarily the types of foods you eat. Though some foods contain more liquids than others and will contribute to the feeling of not being thirsty.

Bacon and eggs is really not an appropriate breakfast for anyone because you need something that will stay with you for a while and provide a well balanced nutrient intake for the start of the day.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Try a bowl of "Sunny Boy" with the flax seeds, "Cream Of Wheat" with some bran, or the best, oatmeal (porridge), but not the instant kind that is pre-sweetened and you just add water. Buy rolled oats that take 10-15 minutes to cook because they have more roughage and nutrients.

Try to avoid refined sugar in the morning, but add some milk and honey on the oatmeal, maybe sprinkle in some raisins just before it's done cooking.
Have a glass of orange juice (unsweetened) and some melon or other fruit
and that will get you off to a good start for the day.

You mentioned puberty.
This is a very important time in your life and you should be taking in a well balanced diet for proper bone growth and development, and you should also need a higher caloric intake to compensate for a growing body.
Most teens that are active in sports or other physical activities really do need to eat more just to maintain the energy expended in the activities they do.

Lean meats like chicken and fish are an important part of a proper diet, but the reason you felt so satisfied after eating at Jack In The Box was the huge fat content of their food and the beef you ate.
Fat is vital to proper growth and development of a healthy body, but always in moderation. I realize fats make food taste better, but avoiding it while you're young will pay off in the future.

I try to eat some vegetables or fruit at every meal and vary it as much as possible.
A salad before supper is one way to ensure you get vitamins before the main course and with an olive oil + malt vinegar dressing it reduces the desire to eat more of the fatty meat that is usually served with dinner.

Keep the last meal of the day minimal or eat early in the evening and make lunch the larger meal. You'll have more energy, and a good lunch that includes something like yogurt, cottage cheese, a glass of butter milk, etc... plus a lean meat or egg salad sandwich on whole wheat bread. This will take you a lot further than a burger from the local fast food grease pit.

Not knocking red meat at all, it's important and a great source of iron, but just cook some lean beef at home and try to hold off on the fast food poison mills.

Drink water whenever you feel any thirst and avoid the high sugar and energy drinks.
They may be a fast pick-me-up, but water will quench you better and not crash you down after an hour like an energy drink or sugar snack.

Hope some of that is useful to you...

[edit on 18/8/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Agree alot with the above post. Allow me to throw a question or two in if you would. How often would you say you eat things such as Jack and McD's?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I personally don't eat any fast food...
I had a McDonalds burger maybe last year, I did like the fries. I think the last thing I ate at a fast food restaurant would have been a ham and veggie sub from Subway on a whole wheat bun.

I rather cook all my meals at home because I can control the fat and salt.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Every day you should jump on a Mountain Bike, ride a few miles to the store and buy five donuts. Enjoy the trees and scarf out on your doughnuts. Wash it down with strawberry milk. The kind with the pink bunny so you feel nice an fuzzy inside about it. Jump back on your bike and ride the few miles back.

Take a pitstop in the bathroom if needed. That's what I do every morning and my belly maynot be a sixpack, but it's happy!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Agree alot with the above post. Allow me to throw a question or two in if you would. How often would you say you eat things such as Jack and McD's?

-Kyo
i throw down on fast food. i probably consume 30 dollars in food in a six hour period. but eating at home is what gets me. i just hate feeling greazy.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Michael Pait]

new topics

top topics

join