It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Collector's Item?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Apparently, the Statute of Limitations on Decency has expired.

I just saw this tv commercial on The Weather Channel and found this link on You Tube:

www.youtube.com...

I am unable to view their website 911twenty(dot)com

Sorry if this has been posted / discussed already.

I personally find it repulsive. ( Unless portions of procceds go to some valiant and noble cause. Can't get to their website to investigate. )

regards.......kk

[edit on 17-8-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You gotta love extreme capitalism. Only in the US would something like that be allowed. Have these people ever heard of tact?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
i saw this commercial too and was disgusted. It reminded me of Loose Change, Alex Jones, CIT, and others that pimp their websites and DVD's for profit.

All on the deaths of thousands.

The 911 dollar "coin" it appears is from LIBERIAN currency. The Liberian dollar is only worth 16 cents in US currency. It states the cost is "face value." (should be a little over 3 dollars)

I found their website down as well.

I called the number:

Was unable to speak to an operator. They have a computer doing the ordering. They knew my address just by me calling. I hung up.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ya know, something just struck me while watching the ad for this. Not long after 9/11, they made a commemorative coin, american flags were impossible to find cause everyone had to have them, now this commermorative dollar. There have been tons of products made as "Commemorative" two movies, and a slew of other money making schemes since 9/11. What if the government pulled it off just to sell stuf and make a small fortune off of it, as wel as a pretense to atack Iraq?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Horribly tacky if you ask me.

What's strange to me is that for some reason it's okay to cmmemorate 9-11 in this way. I think the PC bulldogs would be all over it if there was a commemorative coin for, say, the tsunami, Katrina, this recent earthquake, the OKC bombings. Somehow 9-11 is okay though.

top topics

join