It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earning and the point of Points.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What are they for and how do you use them? I am in the negative and don't know why.

Thanks,
Gnosis111

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Also, can I change my name?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

What are they for and how do you use them? I am in the negative and don't know why.

Thanks,
Gnosis111

Your ATS points are for purchasing items in the ATS Store, under your Member Center button at the top of the screen.

You purchased something in the store, but I'm not sure what. I started this thread which will give you a few pointers, being a new member.

Re-Introducing Myself, ATS Blackwater Expert, and A Welcome To All New Members

No, you can not change your name, you would have to start all over to do that.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is a very informative thread that should answer many of your questions.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thank you kind sir much appreciated. I'm hardly new I've been a member since 2005, but I'm not much of a rules and regulations reader!!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Posts can also be added or suubtracted by the mods based on your contribution to ATS,
If you've had a post removed for breaking T&C at some point, might cause you to go into negative.
Points accrue from each post you make, depending on the forum you post in (BTS or ATS).
Otherwise, they really don't serve a point, except to maybe show who is particularly active on ATS. You can add a bit to your profile, or gain access to RATS. Most you'll get from 'em.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Sorry, I didn't mean to assume, and didn't see your registration date.

Hope I helped.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Ahhh. Then I may be in the negative for hacking on Internos
It wasn't because I used swear words or anything I just rather bluntly and callously disagreed with one of his comments a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the info,
Gnosis111

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The thing about points can be a sticky wicket sometimes.

Points remind me of Monopoly money. You can only use points at ATS as monopoly money can only be of value in the Monopoly game. It's a tool of the game.

You can't U2U, chat or buy "virtual stuff" from the member center without points.

As your adventure through ATS continues you will read that many members with thousands and thousands of points don't see much value in a high point number. Of course, they are being modest.

Imagine yourself having all the rail roads, all the utilities and several properties with hotels on them in the Monopoly game. Would you not feel accomplished at how well you had done?

OK back to ATS. When a moderator awards you points it is an honor. You have done something to earn those points.

If you have managed to continue posting for 3 or 4 years without being banned or getting upset and leaving that is also a good thing. You get points for all your posts and threads during those years.

Points are a reward for your work. In my opinion it is a well deserved award as we have many brilliant minds in our membership. Their efforts should be rewarded. A lot of time and research goes into making a decent thread that is informative, fact filled and one that brings about a good discussion.

Please do not misunderstand me. Those of us that don't have mega points are no less intelligent or productive. Some members like myself like to read and post occasionnaly, don't have time to do sufficient research to start a thread or don't have the desire to express our opinions. That is also good.

The beauty of ATS is that you can be what you want to be in a civil atmosphere. ATS is a ''safe'' place to be.

Enjoy your adventure on this board.............I certainly have.

new topics

top topics

join