It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Yeti Expedition sets off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yo#eru Takahashi claims to have seen a group of Yetis on a previous visit to Nepal, although from his description they seem strangely small. This is his fifth expedition. A sighting by a team member on the first expedition in 1971 sounds more like the typical Yeti description.

"The ones that I saw were small, around 85 cm tall, but it was getting dark and it was difficult to see them properly," said Mr Takahashi. "I don't know what they are, but they appear to be some sort of hybrid of chimp or orangutang without a tail." ...

... "In 1971, one of my expedition members saw one of these creatures.

"It looked like a gorilla," he said. "It was only 15 metres away from him and watching for about 40 seconds," he said. "It was about 150 cm tall and stood on its hind legs, like a man. Its head was covered with long, thick hair and he was certain it was not a bear or a monkey."

Japanese decorator goes to Himalayas in search of elusive Yeti

I only recently got interested in this particular subject - cryptozoology that is - not because of the recent kerfuffle over bigfoot, just that I happened to pick up a book on mystery big cats a few months back and got intrigued by it. I had just purchased Reinhold Messner's book on his own Yeti encounter and search, and started reading it last night. Then I was reading the news this morning and found this item, and that was a bit of weird synchronicity in itself for me lol. There is a lot of talk about Bigfoot just now, so I just thought I'd even up the score between East & West a little.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yeah its strange, i'm the same lol i randomly just got into the whole yeti/bigfoot/sasquatch thing recently when watching TV, then out of the blue all of these sightings and bodies and hairs etc start appearing lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe there has been ample evidence of the mysterious hominids, but it is discredited as soon as it arrives.
Its not good for the business model to have unknown things bumping in the night without their supervision.

At least some scientists are taking the time to actually go out and find out for themselves!

new topics

join