It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional Batsuit compare to reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

All the ideas, concepts and real equipment shows how much has influence the creation of the Batsuit in the current Batman movies. A Batsuit could definitely be really built base on those ideas and real life tech.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
That was a really cool feature, thanks for sharing it. Just think that in twenty years the average American soldier might be running around in something that beats the Batsuit. I'd be especially excited to see that memory fabric stuff applied to things like instant tents or if it could be toughened up enough maybe made as instant pieces of cover. Just pull a folded sheet of it out of a bad, set it down and then electrify it for an instant shield on the ground.

Of course what I'm waiting for is the day when our guys are flying Iron Man style suits.

[edit on 8/16/2008 by cyberdude78]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I saw a clip recently where Bale was talking about the new batsuit for Dark Knight and he said they redesigned it so it now has many many more moving parts to allow him to actually move properly in it and make his life easier.

Also said when they were designing it they took on board current and future ideas from what the worlds military's are doing with armour

So what you see as the batsuit, may not that far away from what some boffins are really working on just now

new topics

join