It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's first time machine? Tunnel to the past could open door to future within three months, s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yes since may 2008 near france they started building an underground tunnel for expirements which is a particile excellerator.

click here to see the article it's an old one but haven't heard anything new yet.

What do you guys think of this???

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Time travel could be a reality within just three months, Russian mathematicians have claimed.

They believe an experiment nuclear scientists plan to carry out in underground tunnels in Geneva in May could create a rift in the fabric of the universe.

[edit] Taking from the link above.

sounds quite dangerous to me i dont think its a good idea atall

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ya I agree it is dangerious I mean what if we create a black hole or somthing that we can't control it and sucks the whole world into it?? Then we all get pulled atom by atom apart.

It seems that it's possible for time travel.

According to Einstein's general theory of relativity, any large amounts of matter or energy will distort the space and time that surrounds it.

If the energy or mass is large enough, it is claimed that time can be distorted so much that it folds back on itself - creating a wormhole, or time tunnel, between the present and the future.

I still can't grasp the concept.

Discovery channel made an explaination that the sun is a huge matter which effects time greatly. I mean if we lived on mercury we will age faster and if we lived on pluto we would age slower then on earth.

The reason is gravity. The Sun in theory has alot of gravity force forcing each planet to orbit the sun. The more gravity pull on your body the faster you age.

They said that if you were to live on the moon you would age slower than earth because there is less gravity pull on your body.

However if you go in deep space you wont age unless you enter a solar system that has alot of gravity pull.

This is what the old man says if the object has a lot of mass or creates a great amount of energy you can manipulate time meaning aging however He talks about this manipulation can cause time to fold itself which would create a black hole or a worm hole or a time tunnel This is caused by the energy or a mass which can bend time when you bend the fabric of time the force of the energy or mass creates a tunnel which has no time in this tunnel so inside the tunnel is nothing but the walls of the tunnel is the fabric of time.

To me I don't see how you can go to the past and meet yourself ect or go to the future.

The only thing I see is manipulation time. I bealive that if you want to go to the future you can but you can't come back. The reason in this no time zone it's like a pause button on your organs/body which it dosen't age so you can stay there and have forward button but their can't be a backward button. So you can accellerate time or manipulate it to a point where 50 years went by and you can visit earth again and see the future but you stilll can't go back I don't see how you can go backwards in time.

I just bealive you can only go forward in time by manipulation the fabric of time to not have your body age or somthing in that sort.

I know what their theory is but I just have a hard time seeing that you can go back in time.

I mean I only think you can bend time to make a trip shorter like to the future or to another galaxy but I don't bealive you can go back in time and meet yourself or somthing like that.

new topics

join