It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's War in Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Bush's War in Georgia

www.informationclearinghouse.info

Washington's bloody fingerprints are all over the invasion of South Ossetia. Georgia President Mikhail Saakashvili would never dream of launching a massive military attack unless he got explicit orders from his bosses at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. After all, Saakashvili owes his entire political career to American power-brokers and US intelligence agencies. If he disobeyed them, he'd be gone in a fortnight. Besides an operation like this takes months of planning and logistical support; especially if it's perfectly timed to coincide with the beginning of the Olympic games. (another petty neocon touch) That means Pentagon planners must have been working hand in hand with Georgian generals for months in advance. Nothing was left to chance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Interesting Theory

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Typical of the blame America first crowd.

Putin is behind this 100%. What better time to ruffle American feathers than when we are in Afghanistan, Iraq, just a couple of months from a Presidential election, and in the middle of the Olympics? I'm sure Putin must have gotten the OK from the Chinese before pulling this off.

By shifting blame to Bush, they are at the same time underestimating Putin.

Today it's Georgia. What will it be tomorrow? Poland, Ukraine?....and the day after that it's WW3.

It's times like this that I am thankful that we have a real leader in the White House.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Putin is behind this 100%. What better time to ruffle American feathers than when we are in Afghanistan, Iraq, just a couple of months from a Presidential election, and in the middle of the Olympics. I'm sure Putin must have gotten the OK from the Chinese before pulling this off.

By shifting blame to Bush, they are at the same time underestimating Putin.

Today it's Georgia. What will it be tomorrow? Poland, Ukraine?....and the day after that it's WW3.

It's times like this that I am thankful that we have a real leader in the White House.

I have to wonder how russia is behind this, when georgia is the one who made the first escalating move.....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Lmao, I know. Even when a former superpower invades its tiny
neighbor, the US is to blame.
NOBODY seems to remember that just a few weeks ago, Russia threatened military consequences if the Czech Rep made agreements with the US.

How many times in the last year has Russia implied that it would use its nukes? The most recent case being just a few days ago, when it whined to the world that if it was hit with CONVENTIONAL precision weapons that it would retaliate with NUKES.
Wake up people, the Russians just arent right in the head

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

While they are not what they were at their peak, russia is in many ways stronger than they ever have been. Like him or not, Putin has done a BRILLIANT job of rebuilding that nation.

Dont make the mistake of thinking russia is a pushover.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I agree 100 percent, but guess what after Georgia was lured into conflict with Russia, US gave them a slap on the face because US doesn't have enough left over troops to even do humanitarian work.

Gates today in a white house interview was asked as why US was not sending troops to help and he said that US have its troops committed to other things meaning they were busy somewhere else.

What a message to send to a possible enemy in the making, the conflicts in the Middle east is making our nation weak on homeland defense, but I guess that is why we have mercenaries for hire now a day.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree 100 percent, but guess what after Georgia was lured into conflict with Russia, US gave them a slap on the face because US doesn't have enough left over troops to even do humanitarian work.

Those C17s aren't flying themselves to Georgia. We have the people to do a humanitarian work.

Originally posted by marg6043Gates today in a white house interview was asked as why US was not sending troops to help and he said that US have its troops committed to other things meaning they were busy somewhere else.

"Committed" doesn't mean, "we ran out of people". It means we have them doing something else at this time and they aren't needed in Georgia.

And if they had loaded a brigade of guys from the 82nd onto the C17s, everyone here on ATS would be wetting themselves and screaming "Bush is starting WW3!!!"

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I believe that ATS members are not undereducated they know the meaning of humanitarian work thank you very much.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I believe that ATS members are not undereducated they know the meaning of humanitarian work thank you very much.

Marg, please don't tell me you're one of the ones here that think the AF is flying in Blackwater/CIA/Israeli/Oompa Loompa Mercenaries to start false flag operations so Bush can have WW3!!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I for one think United States want to stay out of it.I also think that Bush did not give the green light on this for what happened in S.O.
What Georgia did made the US look bad.Who the hell is going to risk a nuclear war for some lunatic dumb ass that decided to go ahead and bomb vilages and towns with civilians in them.Even if that lunatic is the president of a country that is considered in favor of the US.No one is going to go in there for a jack ass that made them look bad.The US administration will brag about it so it won't look like a total clown and they will keep on sending humanitarian aid, all this will be over shortly.No one will jump in because they know this time Georgia screwd up.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't think that a WWIII is what is in the making, I think that the dehumanization of Russia in the eyes of the international community is the desirable outcome.

Taking into consideration that Russia influences and support for Iran is great and that is the target here in case our government wants to take Iran, taking away Russia credibility will ensure that no many will support any Russia plead for unification in favor of Iran.

But as usual the talking heads in Washington and their planners are the sloppiest bunch that there will ever be.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Actually this is quite a good read and makes alot of sense:

Georgia: It's all a plot to halt Obama

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Russia doesnt need any help de-humanizing themselves, they did a good enough job of it over the last 50 years.
Do you people honestly believe that Russia has changed that much since the wall came tumbling down?
Give me a break, its only been 20 years.
I for one remember East Germans getting shot trying to get past that wall into freedom.
I dont know where you are from marg6043, it doesnt really matter though but Ive seen your posts many times in many different types of threads and in every one of them, regardless of the topic, whatever the issue is its the fault of the USA.
Give it a break already

[edit on 8/14/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There is no reason for us to be pushing NATO up to Russia's borders. Unless we want the oil and and the ABM bases. We didn't tolerate them putting missiles in Cuba and they shouldn't be expected to tolerate us putting missiles on their border.

Somehow we've convinced ourselves that a country that has plenty of nukes, would never use them. Even when the same country blatantly threatens just that. World War Three or whatever you want to call it is just as real today as it has ever been. If not more so, considering that Bush pulled out of the ABM Treaty that supported MAD and brought us through the Cold War.

There is a reason that nuclear countries get respect. Let's not forget that Russia still has the nuclear capacity to destroy the US many times over.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Russia is behind this because a very politically adept Putin, baited a younger less expereinced Shaskavilli into a fight he could not win.

Face it the Russian's are masters of this game...Putin played Shaskavilli like violin.

Putin, knew that the U.S. would not come running with anything other than aid...at the end of the day we need Russia even more than we need Georgia, and Putin knows this.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Where is the American anti-war crowd here? I want to hear, "Putin Lied- People Died!" I want human shields! I want sheehan camped out at Putins summer retreat! I want to hear, "NO WAR FOR OIL!"

Unless they aren't anti-war after all. Maybe I've been right the entire time in my belief that they are only anti-American...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Gator, 100% agreed, no one seems to howl when Russia or China does what others have so vehemently accused the U.S. of doing...and this is not a denial of what the U.S. has done or is doing...thats another debate alltogether...

I just find it disengenuous of others...the silence fro them on this subject is deafening!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It makes no difference how bad Russia and China are, they are cool because people think that they will grant them their wish, which is the down fall of the USA.
For many years European countries relied on the US for protection but at the same time they were jealous of us, after the wall came down and the strengthening of the EU, they felt like they no longer needed us and the jealousy turned into hate.
They are now secretly, some not so secretly, waiting and hoping for our demise.
All I have to say about it is, dont hold your breath!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Actually the downfall of American as a superpower has been brought up by our own nations corporate greed.

Russia, China and many rich oil states of the middle east are just cashing out on the biggest give away that this nation had since its humbles beginning.

A guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all allowing this to happen, so we all guilty for our demise

new topics

top topics

join