It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice in the fireplace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hello,

i've been a lurker on ats for quite some time and only recently began posting on here so be kind to me
anyways i wanted to share with everyone here an event that happened to me when i was around the age of 21 which would be 7 years ago. I'll give you a little bit of history on myself first before i begin. I am a third generation minister, my grandfather was a pastor, my dad was in helps ministry and i'm in helps/missions as well.

My story begins like this, i was in my parents house reading a book, the book was called demons and demon possession by Lester Sumrall who in our circles was considered one of the foremost authorities on the subject of demons. I was about halfway through the book on a topic where he explains different methods demons manifest themselves, he went on to explain they will knock on doors and walls, make animal noises so on and so forth. Now, when i was reading this i was sitting in a recliner next to the fireplace, my mother was sitting in front of the fireplace organizing some books on a shelf. The exact same paragraph i was reading where they make noises in walls and can make sounds like animals i heard a distinct and clear growl come out of my fireplace. Well my first instinct was naaah its just the wind, Then i heard the growl again. I believe we heard the growl three times. My mother looked at me with a frightened look and said "What was that?" i replied "I don't know." A few seconds later my Dad got home, walked in the door and we never heard it again.

Well, that experience led me down a road of fear for the next couple weeks. I couldn't go to sleep at night, i would lay in bed and think about what happened in the fireplace and when that happened my mind would just run wild with imaginations, thinking about what could happen, how i would react so on and so forth. I know its kinda sad having a 21 year old afraid of the dark but it happened and it was a very good learning experience in my life. I spoke with my dad what happened and he explained to me that the manifestation happened while he was gone, while the spiritual leader (head) of the household was not present and when my dad showed up it left recognizing his authority, I was raised to believe we have power over demons and its our right to exercise that authority and God responds to it with action in the spirit. Anyways, i went two weeks going to bed at night in complete terror, i would lay in bed half asleep and half awake and hear things in my room and feeling things touching me, whether it was real or not i do not know, i believe if you live in a state of fear you make yourself vulnerable.

Anyways, after two weeks of this i began to get sick of being afraid and decided i was going to overcome it. I got up at 2am and got the book out "The Believers Authority" by Kenneth E. Hagin and explained how Christ defeated principalities and powers and put all things under his feet and that christians are seated at the right hand of the father with christ, and certain scriptures in the bible stating how if you resist the devil he will flee. I stayed up all that night and read that entire book 2 1/2 times, it was a small book about 100 pages or less. After that I have never been in a state of fear like that since, i sleep good at night and never give it a second thought. I have had manifestations since and have completely overcomed and put under any such manefestation by the authority that was given to me and the rights i have as a citizen of the kingdom of heaven not subject to the authority and power of satan. Anways, this is my account and experience with one particular paranormal event in my life, i have many others i might share with everyone as time goes on. I know not everyone here believes things the way i do and i respect that. I'm certainly not here to breath fire and brimstone and proclaim everyone is going to hell. I am here to be a participant in the discussions that goes on here and be respectful.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You story is encouraging that we can overcome this world. A lot of other people are posting stories about similiar experiences, however, they seem to struggle a lot more with their fear. I don't believe that most people understand how God helps us overcome whatever the world throws at us.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well to the average person (not saying that you aren't haha) that growl would kind of just be vaugely noticed, and then forgotten. Because they would just go "hmm strange, oh well".

So I think you should take that growling sound with a grain of salt. There could be so many reasonable explanations for it.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by ZikhaN]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Well to the average person (not saying that you aren't haha) that growl would kind of just be vaugely noticed, and then forgotten. Because they would just go "hmm strange, oh well".

So I think you should take that growling sound with a grain of salt. There could be so many reasonable explanations for it.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by ZikhaN]

I have to disagree, I heard it and know for a fact it was loud and clear enough for someone not to shrug something that strange off. The noise came at the same time when i was reading about the exact kind of descriptions in the book. i don't think it was a mere coincidence, the demon knew what i was reading and probably thought it could toy with me and scare me which it did. Thanks for your input though!

new topics

top topics

join