It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Swede throws down medal, quits.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Angry Swede throws down medal, quits.

sports.yahoo.com

BEIJING, Aug 14 (Reuters) - Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian threw down his greco-roman bronze medal in protest on Thursday after his bid for Olympic gold was ended by a decision denounced by the Swedish coach as “politics.”

Abrahamian took the bronze from around his neck during the medal ceremony, stepped from the podium and dropped it in the middle of the wrestling mat then walked off.

“I don’t care about this medal. I wanted gold,” he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What polotics would he be speakiung of? Was there really a conspiracy to make sure he didn't win? Or was hejust being a big crybaby who didn't get what he wanted? Anyone with any insite into what polotics he speaks of?

sports.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

“I don’t care about this medal. I wanted gold,” he said.

Nothing but a cry baby.

The Italian went on to win it, so I have no idea what the Swede's problem was.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It was on the news here tonight (in Sweden). From what I understand, the Swedish team did not agree with the judge's decision.

Im not into sports at all, so I dont personally care. I very much doubt it was rigged though.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well there's about ten things during the olympics so far that can be labeled as very fishy so I wouldnt put it past them to make sure he did not win or atleast he got unfair judging.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
He should be greatful that hes there in the first place i mean think about all the people who never won a medal they would do anything for one even if it was a bronze instead of gold.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
All sports that involve judges have dodgy decisions at one time or another. You can't really escape it. Whether there was a concerted effort to deny him the gold, or the judge just made a mistake or missed something, it really comes down to someone's opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

the judge were cousin with the leader of the italians.

wonder if you can be objective when family is involved.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To me it speaks of nothing but someone who was annoyed he didn't get what he wanted. It's a sad day when a man drops a medal because he feels he deserves more.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
All sports that involve judges have dodgy decisions at one time or another. You can't really escape it.

Exactly, this isn't his first wrestling match OR his first Olympics!

I'm sure a lot of competitors in the Olympics feel the same way as he does when they come in second or third in a competition that is up to judges to award points!

Angry Swede Throws Down Medal, Quits

“This will be my last match. I wanted to take gold, so I consider this Olympics a failure,” he said.

He didn't win the gold medal so he considers the Olympics a failure now!

PLEEASE!

Crybaby?
Definitely!

I've seen 8 year olds show better sportsmanship than he did!

Only he threw his temper tantrum in front of the whole world!
(X millions more!)

[edit on 8/16/2008 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

join