It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any bionic people at BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just spent the weekend at the hospital as my son managed to snap his arm in half skateboarding.
he now has an arm full of metal plates, but should make a full recovery thank goodness.
I managed to get some shots of his x-rays.

out of interest, does anyone else here have any metal parts?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Going to be fun going through the airport metal detectors!
hope he gets well soon

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My dad has titanium bones in his leg. He was in a car crash.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
that really sucks, i hope his arm heals soon. i nearly became "bionic." i almost had to have my left leg amputated a few years ago, but thankfully that didn't have to happen.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I should have added that he is in no pain at all now.
I'm glad to hear that your leg is intact cmdrkeenkid, that must have been a scary time for you.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have 2 ten inch steel plates in my right arm. I used to be able to stick magnets to it. That freaked people out.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
"I have 2 ten inch steel plates in my right arm. I used to be able to stick magnets to it. That freaked people out."

why can't you do it anymore?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
"I have 2 ten inch steel plates in my right arm. I used to be able to stick magnets to it. That freaked people out."

why can't you do it anymore?

I could do it when I first got my cast off. I used to be able to get regular fridge magnets to stick to it. Now the muscle has grown and magnets won't stick. I'm sure if one were strong enough it would stick.

[Edited on 3/16/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I was hit by a truck when I was 13. Fractured my skull and lost hearing in my left ear due to one of the tiny bones in the middle ear being "lost". So I had surgery to connect the remainder of the bones together to get back some hearing. So I have wires connecting my bones in my ear. It's wierd sometimes....I can hear radio stations...only really faint though. It used to freak me out cause I thought I was going crazy but realized what it was later on.

new topics

top topics

join