It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I am not sure where else to post this, but a member that was on here was having issues w/ the owners as to what was considered "free speech" and such according to this site. Now I am not hardcore on the first ammendment applying to this site as this site is not America and therefore information is subject to what the owners deem appropriate as laid out by their terms or even beyond.. since this is their site. I do not argue that.

However, I had a U2U from OutoftheBoxthinker that was to me. It is gone now. I did not delete or move it into the saved...... just disappeared.

I know that it couldn't just have been that he was banned bc there have been other members banned on here whose messages have remained in my inbox.

So, question is, what gives???

I am repeating this in its own thread bc patience has never really been one of my virtues

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

When was the U2U received?

Have you checked the damaged U2U access link under your normal U2U link in the member center?

SO has said many times that they don't access people's U2U's so if it ain't there I would imagine that you are one of the unfortunate ones whose U2U's were lost when it all went kaboom...

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

I received the message this morning. And I had read it after he had already been banned. So, your explanation is not a possibility (although I appreciate the effort) and the explanation that it went *poof* bc he was banned cannot be cited as a possibility.

*can hear the scrambling around in the bg*

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The person you're referring to was banned for overt disruption... and was also a previously banned member, being banned for the same offense.

He was unable to accept our choice, as a website and community, to restrict the discussion of certain topics (drugs, etc.) and direct valid discussions on such topics to the "Really Above Top Secret" forum. Unfortunate.

As it turns out, we had several complaints this morning and upgraded his status from post-banned to account-banned, which results in removal of all his U2U's.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, that's me outta suggestions then. LOL

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Kinda odd though, hopefully a more powerful being than myself will help you out here.

Peace,

MGGG.

Just noticed, SO has posted.

Sorted, Methinks.

BTW - Bill, what's the SEAL thing all about in your signature? Kinda liking the sentiment there.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Understand that I am not saying you are lying, but I must ask.. is this a new feature for the U2U's bc there was another member on here under the old U2U feature that was banned completely (not just from posting) whose messages remained in my inbox until I deleted them.

Also, when exactly did you ban him completely? Because when I read the U2U this morning his ACCOUNT had been banned... yet his message was still there.

This is not an issue of "OMG they are taking away our freedom of speech" bc as I have stated, it is what it is on this site and either we take it or we can leave it.

This is more an issue of privacy in the U2U section to me. I would like to know that my messages are not being read and if they are, then I will gladly find another avenue to converse w/ the kind folks here.

So, if you wouldn't mind filling me in on the answers to the above questions, I will be better equipped to make a decision on if my U2U's are private or not.

~ thank you for the help =)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
So, if you wouldn't mind filling me in on the answers to the above questions, I will be better equipped to make a decision on if my U2U's are private or not.

You're U2U's are private, as explained in our privacy policy linked at the bottom of every page.

We now purge the U2U's of banned members under the new system.

I'm not certain as to the exact time of banning... sometime between 9AM and 10AM EST today.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
k.... thanks for answering. I believe that it was before 10ish when I read the U2U.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by justamomma]

top topics

join