It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a thread taking on the IRS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

Yep I can't say it any better. I am currently in college majoring in accounting and what you just said makes sense. I just can't bealive my dad have been paying the government so much in taxes and even the income tax.

However in our accounting class they make you assume that your trade for hours is a gain a profit even though it's not.

They do teach you in college that you are supposed to pay the taxes.

I just this summer took a online class from my college and it was Federal Tax class. I asked my professor and he couldn't give me a straight answer.

He told me they are professional and they know what they are doing.

We had hw problems of home owners like 2 married couple the husband only make the money and he is an engineer and brings home $x we were to figure out how much they owed to the governement.

We had to put whatever the guy brings home for working at a company.

We had to figure out the adjusted gross income which is income - deductions .

Then we would get your taxable income and then look at a table seeing how much you need to paythe gov when we get that figure we had to then subtract any expenses you occured they also do allow a certain amout of personal expense.

So I am just saying I am learning in thise type of field and now finding this out I am like OMG how are we such fools for paying the government more money then needed???

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks so much for all of the input from everyone, on this subject. I think we will have a definite answer, and be able to spread the information so more people can win this. IRS is not our parents. IRS is NOT our 'owners', even though they do see us as livestock.

If I come up with anymore good info, I will come back and post it. Though I think we need a website to cover all of the important stuff, and get the word out.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
DimensionalDetective's new thread, Lone Accountant Takes On The IRS and Wins - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something to be learned about the people who take on the IRS, and how they did it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
K - G - B

Plus some words to make this post go through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join