It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Russia masses naval force opposite Georgia’s third sensitive region, Ajaria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Looks like maybe they are just moving things arouns a bit:

DEBKAfile’s exclusive military sources reveal that Russia has massed a fleet of warships and marine forces opposite the semi-autonomous Gerogian Black Sea region of Ajaria.

Moscow is preparing to punish what it regards as Georgian president Mikhail Saakashvili’s further provocations by occupying this coastal strip on Georgia’s southwestern border with Turkey.

more....... www.debka.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
DEBKAfile’s exclusive military sources ....

Have been wrong and made stuff up so many times it's not even funny.

They lost my trust years ago when I caught them red-handed in telling lies by cross referencing sources and tracking down the origins of a story.

I need to see this from another more "official" source than the Debka rumour mill.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have found them to be right about 50% of the time. Too many times however they jump a story WAY too soon...so soon in fact that events will change before what they will come to fruition even if it were true at that particular time.

i.e. Russian could have this naval fleet in position "right now" but tomorrow it could be dispersed. Was Debka wrong? No, not at the time they werent. Problem is that they dont go back a lot of times and say when whatever perceived threat has passed so it makes them look bad. There is usually a grain or two of salt to their topics. Whether they pan out or not remains to be seen...as always.

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by princeofpeace
DEBKAfile’s exclusive military sources ....

Have been wrong and made stuff up so many times it's not even funny.

They lost my trust years ago when I caught them red-handed in telling lies by cross referencing sources and tracking down the origins of a story.

I need to see this from another more "official" source than the Debka rumour mill.

join