It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yet...another John-titor alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
yes...another one

im doing this for formality's sake, perhaps the theory could do with some attention, who knows

"Spain's prime minister-elect Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero promised to withdraw troops from Iraq and bashed US President George W. Bush.

"The war in Iraq was a disaster, the occupation of Iraq is a disaster," Zapatero, 43, told Cadena Ser radio on Monday.

He spoke just before the European Union held three minutes' silence in tribute to the 200 people killed in last Thursday's bombings of crowded Madrid commuter trains.
www.aljazeera.com...
"

and there you have it, the U.S has yet again taken the blame, again...lost an ally.

quote john titor:

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency.

doesn't this somehow apply??

something to look out for could be this..just my 0.2$,:

"60. As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be "

ps: i am posting this so as to back up any possibility to this theorem... not thrusting it in any1's face.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Cyrus]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, only time will tell. Even if Titor is a fake/hoax, it seems we should at least pay attention to his predictions... More and more seem to be coming true!

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by Brittany]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Where is my knife set?

Seriously, thats so #ing vague that it could apply to ANYTHING.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I dont get it.

Why dont people understand that John Titor has been proven to be a fake.

It means he is jsut some guy who spanked some internet board for a while telling them a load of rubbish that isn't true. And they ate it.

It means that he's jsut some guy ont he internet behind a computer who wasn't fromt he future, from any future war, or knows anything we dont. HE made a load of crap up to fool people and they are fooled and still repeating his # even though he is a fake.

HE'S JUST SOME BORED IDIOT BEHIND A COMPUTER!!!

Get it into ur skulls. He's not from the future. Live with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Where is my knife set?

Seriously, thats so #ing vague that it could apply to ANYTHING.

vague enough to promote criticism? at any rate, i really have nothing else to add to that...except, don't target me for creating something too monotonous.., that's right, why dont we all just ignore all the little things

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It would be easy for his supporters to prove his existence. Make a stock market or sports event prediction. I mean an exact prediction.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Believe me cyrus, its not you

Anyone who generaly mentions the JT words provokes me!

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Then as site staff, you should avoid these threads if all they do is provoke hatered from yourself. You guys go around telling everyone to avoid threads that make them mad so they don't personally bash users of the board, yet, you don't follow the advice you spread. Sounds like the starts to a new religion.

Edit* Changed mod to site staff, bad choice of wording.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
they're moderators! they're above the law! plus, i really like nerdling's comments, why? because it's straight to the point.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Honestly, call yourself enlightened individuals and you end up believing a fraudulent story so vague that anything could be made out of it

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I like Nerdling's comments too, but I'm also willing to wait to see if events prove Titor to be a fraud.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
Then as a moderator, you should avoid these threads if all they do is provoke hatered from yourself. You guys go around telling everyone to avoid threads that make them mad so they don't personally bash users of the board, yet, you don't follow the advice you spread. Sounds like the starts to a new religion.

You do realize that Nerdling isn't a mod, right?
Seriously.
Take a look at his status lines, then take a look at mine before you start bashing the people who help keep this board running, okay?

I have yet to see anything Titor said come to fruition. I'd like to believe him, but I'm just having such a hard time with it.

-B.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
they're moderators! they're above the law! plus, i really like nerdling's comments, why? because it's straight to the point.

And we're NOT above the law.

I have a tough time with Titor too. So many vague things, that just like all predictions...are hard to pin.

I do think he was an incredibly smart person to write such a grand story.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I never said I believe that Titor was real, or that anything he stated was anything close to true or enlightening. My statement was directed at the response to the thread. While they may be straight forward and to the point, it was still a response to be classified as

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here's a hint... don't click on 'em.
Just like your TV, where you don't have to watch shows you don't like, you don't need to read threads on ATS you don't like. If everyone did that, threads like those would quickly be forgotten.

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here's a hint... don't click on 'em.

...bah...trust you to come up with something logical...

and many other such witty ideas from site staff.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nerdling may not be a moderator, but with a title of ATSNN Editor, it puts him in the same boat as site staff in my eyes. The same respect should be rendered from and to him as it is with any other site staff.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I say the next time any person claiming to be john titor, should have their ip traced, and a group of us will go down there, kick his ass into submission and make him prove then and there that he's from the future. I do believe this guy "john titor" is an excellent manipulator, and for that, should be awarded some kind of douche bag award.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It seems that language, as an idiograph or way of speaking can and will "cast a net," whereby most anything one says can and will come true by interpretation.

If you look at any country in any year, one could confirm the "prophecy," regarding stability as valid.

By the same token, Nostradamus cast a linguistic net over reality, and it does "come true," not necessarilty by foresight but in the raw interpretation of a broad net catching we the gullable "fish," if you will. Surely some people take advantage of that literary net and point to what happens in history as validating say "Hisler," and "Hitler," for example. The backhand of jokes is that the rest of the foresight was not at all flattering, but so pessimistic that Hitler dismissed the corollary, ceasing all those commentaries.

Another thing is to "be careful what you wish for, you may get it."

The world each day is surely in God's hands, and be it so that "God's work must surely be our own," on this earth, then their is a wealth of possibilities in each day, in each moment.

William Ernest Henley put it:

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

Each day is renewed in the possibilities in whatever your state and station, you only need advantage it with the levers of conscience. Why rely on the journal of others to a fault? Rely on your own journal, in fact write it, or if you must, adopt the "great ideas," of others as your own. I think if you attribute things right, it is called "research."

So my argument is that John Titor surely did create conversation, and that if what he says "comes true," it is because here or there every word is in the dictionary. Everything has been said, it only has to be said again.

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why doesnt someone that knows alot about phisics and time travel and current events go on one of these sites and make up a story thats not real. Then after about 4 months of tricking them and have an army of persons saying your real you leave. Its the ultimate plan. Mwahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Like others have said, needs to give specific dates to these 'events' of his. IF he is from the future, and he's bright enough to operate a time device out of his car, plus his 'training'... you'd think he'd remember a few dates?

Just to say 'something will happen to create tension in the West'... duh. The Western world has had tension and conflicts for how many decades? This prediction is a no brainer. This is why so many people discredit Nostradamus.

You can make a prediction fit anything, as long as the words are vague enough, or have double meanings. A prediction should not read as a fortune cookie.

Now, in his defense, I can see making claim of being from the future on the Internet versus 'going public'. The only shows he'd be able to land would be Springer or other odd ball airings. He wouldn't have been taken seriously, whereas on the Internet, it seems, anything (and anyone) goes... there's enough bizarre-ness on the Internet that anything is possible. And this way, he can make his claims, all the while remaining unknown.

But, however... there is no credance to him. Where is the proof? His technical manual? Geez... I am so sure that a highly advanced project such as his car would have a users manual akin to a VCR guide.

Why hasn't he named specific people, places, or events, other than his future war? AND with time travel capability, why not just jump back in time, erase certian things (or people), and ensure the safety of the world?

I, too, would like to believe that there are future visitors here... but this is just beyond comprehension, and lacking in common sense.

How was Titor able to obtain any type of valid ID, or housing for that matter, coming from a time in which he isn't even born yet? Forgeries? How is he able to exist and go about a normal everday life without having any means to survive?

Let me just say this last thing... in order for this ATS member to even consider Titor the real thing, he needs to give specific dates.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say, but a lot of people around here act like real sheep sometimes. Especially when whispers came here with his yammer. I bet I could get on under a different name, make some stupid prediction with some enigmatic wording, and the first to second post down would be someone saying, "Oh, that's not good, I have such a bunch feeling about this..."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join