It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've finally found my way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I took advice from the users of this sight, and forgot everything I have ever been taught about religion and belief and faith. I stayed clear of those discussions, prayer etc. and took time to figure things out when I knew "nothing".
Came to the conclusion that God exists as something I will never understand. Power, man, entity, star, WHATEVER he/it may be, is just not understandable. Life and the begining of time, the quantum theory, I will never understand.
But, I know now that no religion is right. Or wrong. I know that I am a good person to MY understanding. I know we will all end up where we belong in the end. That's all.
Where I will end up will be satisfying because I know I deserve it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Congrats on opening up to the possibilities. I've found that it's more of an unlearning than a learning experience. So much of what we are taught is simply passed down and expected to be accepted as fact, even though it is seldom understood in it's entirety.

Though I wouldn't go so far as to say that there are things in this universe that we will "never understand". You're only as limited as you allow yourself to be.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
oh hey, thats a good point. BUT, if I try to understand "the universe" I only get frustrated with myself because its to complex to comprehend you know? Part of me doesnt want to know because of that.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The idea that there could be multiple religions if the one true high god actually chose to reveal himself is simply laughable.

And the idea that every single one of your ancestors from 160,000 BC (ish - see argument of first humans) until around 33AD just happens to be in Hell right now, burning at the Devil's whim is just as laughable, simply because they had never had a single-god concept.

Why the hell would God have waited so long and consigned all of those people to the flames, simply because he didn't feel like setting the rules yet? And the fact he needs constant worship? From us, and the four wierd eye-covered creatures sat around his throne going "holy, holy is the lord" etc, really implies he has some pretty deep-seated emotional issues.

Ridiculous. But hey, fill your boots, religious types.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, honestly, people need to follow their path and let God do as he will do regardless. Those who think they know the mind of God only deceive themselves.

All we as humans can do is live our life as well as we can and hope that God,and he is, is merciful. Other than that, the ball is really in God' court, not ours.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think us as human are intimidated by the truth. The truth is to big sometimes for comprehension... all we can do is think... However once you accept the truth and notice everything around you, all of the sudden the path is more clear. Thats when you realize you are here for a reason. However you have to figure that with yourself. Dont forget, you can always show the path to others.... however its up to that person to choose to accept. Read Hebrews Chapters 1 to 2.

top topics

join