It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The holier than thou people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Theres quite a large amount of posters on ATS that I can't help but pity. I obviously won't be naming any names. The only word I can use to describe them is venemous. Their only reason for posting is to either flame someone or bait someone, and most of their posts drip with sarcasm. You don't need a degree in psychology to know that if someone uses sarcasm all the time, they are a very bitter and depressed person.

And that's just the impression I get from them, that they are very lonely and probably self loathing, and they post very demeaning and just downright rude posts to make themselves feel better. The intelligence of some are amazing, but it seems like its their intelligence that drives them apart from society. They think they are superior to us lowly posters.

Another thing that pisses me off is losers using the word noob, or newb. I joined the site in 2006, and was a lurker for years before that, yet I've been called a noob a couple times in the last week or so. It's just pathetic. Even if I was a newbie member, what freakin difference does that make? Would that make me less of a human because I just joined the site and don't know the ropes yet?

These people disgust me, yet I can't help but feel pity for them.

Thank's for letting me rant.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Rant away !! It seems if you dont know the " right ppl" your threads dont get read or posted to. ( my impression as a NEWBIE * gag* )

I have no idea what the issue with being "new" is. Unless of course all the other members were born here. Everyone was new at one point or another and it surely doesnt make their opinions or thoughts less valid. ( ppl may be new HERE that doesnt mean it is their first forum )

I have noticed the sarcastic posts and attacking the poster not the post. Seems to appear in almost all of the threads i come across. ( i do not envy the job that the mods have here )
Debating is great and wonderful. It can expose ppl to new thoughts and ideas. If one cannot convey their message without degrading someone else, it speaks volumes about their maturity or lack thereof.

Starred and flagged !!

join