It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First international science confrence on the Bosnian Pyramids, August 25-30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Someone on this site opened me up to the Bosnian Pyramids and I find them fascinating.

Now, I know that there is still an archeological struggle over whether it is natural or man made.
I have looked at the pictures and I think it is man made. But I can see how they get off saying it is natural. But I guess also that there has been a tunnel network discovered connecting the pyramids. There are getting to be way too many coincidences to be natural.

Call me simple but I do find the websites hard to use but I thought the excavation of the site was suspended by the government. But it seems some excavation is still going on.

But I understand that this kind of information, if proven to be true, is going to throw a lot of people into a tailspin, it will basically change history as we know it.

So onto the convention. The convention is too discuss the findings of tests and dating of organic materials found in the tunnels.

And some additional evidence of proving the pyramids will be provided from the last three years.

There are too be over 100 experts there.

So if the findings warrant a conference, hopefully there is going to be some very interesting evidence provided.

So just in case anyone is interested or following the story:
international conference on pyramids

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
thanks... starred ...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Only two of us interested eh?

Actually, if I find out anything interesting I will definetly post it here.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Great photos of the site! Thanks for the Link. I didn't hear about this find until this post. So...Thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have looked it over and found it to be bunk and distracting from real archeaological sites uninvestigated elsewhere. I will look at any new evidence and rejudge if need be but as of now I rate it

EDIT: Those are differnt pictures than I had previously seen. It looks like and archaeolgical site but I see no evidence of anything approaching Egyptian or Mayan pyramids. Looks to me like they built their settlement on a hill. Of course the locals are selling little pyramid statues. Good marketing.

[edit on 8/20/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
finally, i cant wait to see this happen. i really wonder what they will find...

I heard from my cousin that during the bosnian war 1992-1995, when serbs would shoot artilary and bombs on the mountain/pyramid there which had towns on it that the whole place would tremble like a bell or something, like it was hollow or something.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

In the general timeline of things, this is just getting started. The other pyramids have been excavated for over a century now, and still discovering things. This has been going on what... five years? With a greatly underfunded program and no help from the government?
Not to mention they have twice the job with meters of overgrowth to uncover.

If other sites are going un-investigated, why is that?

And why does there have to be evidence poking at Egyptian or Mayan, we are talking about a different part of the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes but no one doubted after the initial ex that the Mesoamerican pyramids where what they said they were. Stephen's work cleared that up nicely.

As for the Bosnian, I suspect that this fraud will continue for some time as there is money to be made from it.

[edit on 21/8/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I get ticked off about this so called pyramid. Supposedly, this fellow decided it was there and started digging. Almost literally taking a backhoe to other sites on the mountain, loosing remains and destroying known but un-excavated sites.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
He is a bit annoying but shows what happens if a conman can get politicians to believe in him.

I see the funny side of it too. I like to point to the Bosnian pyramid as a good example for people who believe that archaeology is controlled by a vast conspiracy - so why isn't the vast conspiracy dealing with this?

Great frauds like this tend to go on for awhile until the original members fall out.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For those who are interested.....
Here is the summary of the conference, not a lot of information is given other then, schools are now getting involved and another conference is to be held in two years. I am dissappointed in the amount of information given. I might email them and see if there is more. Maybe they are compiling more info.

conference summary

CONCLUSIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS

We, the participants of the First International Scientific Conference „Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids" (ICBP 2008) conclude:

Work at the archaeological location „Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids" in Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina, is an important geo-archaeological and epigraphical research that requires further multidisciplinary scientific research which should answer the origin of the Bosnian pyramidal hills and the extensive underground tunnel network as well as other archaeological sites in the vicinity;
ICBP Conference recommends that Second International Scientific Conference about the Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids should be held in Sarajevo in two years (2010) and gather experts in pyramid research from all over the world;
ICBP Conference introduce the initiative to establish Centre for Pyramid studies with headquarter in Sarajevo;
ICBP Conference recommends universities in Bosnia and Herzegovina to establish study at the graduate level for archaeology as a support to the reasearch project „Bosnian Valley of the Pyramids".

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

can you give me a link to the pyramids that you are referring too?

Just for sake of discussion, why do you think that these are not real pyramids?

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The evidence for man made pyramids is lacking

The evidence for natural forces is damning

Several geologists and archaeologists have visited since Osmanagic made his claim, and even before, and the professional opinions of those that are qualified to assess the site are that geology explains the curious features and that there is an archaeological significance to the region.

There is also a hint of fraud or, at the very least, deception on the part of the Osmanagic team in many of his PR announcement and using the names of people not involved in the project

Archaeology vs. Pseudoarchaeology

Real archaeology begins with a research question and ends up wherever the evidence in the form of artifacts, features or the lack thereof takes it. Pseudoarchaeology, however, begins with a conclusion and only conducts that research which is guaranteed to support that conclusion. Indeed, most Pseudoarchaeologists do not excavate at all –Osmanagic, at first glance, would seem to be the exception. But as I said, he really isn't excavating in the archaeological sense.

hotcupofjoe.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Osmanagic on the Mayans:

Ordinary watchmakers repair our watches and put them into accordance with Earthly time. It is my theory that the Maya should be considered watchmakers of the cosmos whose mission it is to adjust the Earthly frequency and bring it into accordance with the vibrations of our Sun. Once the Earth begins to vibrate in harmony with the Sun, information will be able to travel in both directions without limitation...

...Many cultures around the world, from India, Sumeria, Egypt, Peru, the Indians of North and Central America, the Inca and the Maya, call themselves the "Children of the Sun" or the "children of light." Their ancestors, the civilizations of Atlantis and Lemuria, erected the first temples on energy potent point of the Planet. Their most important function was to serve as a gateway to other worlds and dimensions.

Source: Archaeology.org

Given the above Hooey, why on Earth anyone would ever even for a picosecond consider listening to this con man is beyond me.

Harte

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
As a good con man he has wrapped himself inside the flag of Bosnia and waved the banner of money to be made.

If history is a guide this will all collapse at some point. Someone in authority in Bosnia WILL notice that the emperor has no clothes.

new topics

top topics

join