It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even in frightening times know that everything will be fine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Starred. I like this thread. About time we took a break from the doom and gloom. Its rather refreshing. I believe if we all act in unison toward a goal we can fix most of the worlds problems in a day. Seriously. What are we waiting for?

Well, thank you. Of course, I can be quite negative at times myself. Don't get me started on organized religion. :shk:
Anyway, I honestly think that people should look towards what is to come with anticipation and glee, not fear and sorrow.

Sure, there are going to be terrible things to take place, but it is all according to plan. Everything is under control. It is only our awareness, or the lack thereof, which implies otherwise.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Blackop, my friend, I do understand, and I appreciate your kind words.

It would be foolhardy for me to say that things are not going to be rough. It would be foolhardy for me to say that everyone is going to survive what is to come. However, at least in the spiritual sense, I can assure you that all is going to be fine and as it should be.

Some will ask, "You know this how?" I have no conventional words to define what I know or how I know it. It is just a matter of being. I know that doesn't make sense, but that is really what it is.

Let me ask you,BlackOp, have you ever been in a situation where you couldn't see the forest for the trees, yet, you know it's there somewhere? It's sort of like that. Yeah, I look at the world today and it sickens, angers, and yes, even scares me. However, through what I know, and in the "pit" of my stomach, I know it's going to work out.

You say that you don't see how a loving God can have a plan such as what is currently being displayed. Well, let me ask you, have you ever really learned anything without experience? If God were to make everything "right," what whould humaity gain? Man can only make things right for himself. Sure, God can, has and will help, but ultimately, humanity is going to have to fix the problem/problems that it has created.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
We obviously live in a similar world because I share the same poor outlook on our prospects as a species. I have resigned my fears and captured a basic understanding of life and I pretty much act with the knowlege that at the end of the day, no matter how I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, I can take refuge in the fact that I didn't create this mess nor am I responsible for fixing it.

We are all just passengers on this dusty old rock. And no matter how self important we may feel, it never alters the fact that we as humans have almost no control over this existence or our own fates. In the grandest scheme of things we still know absolutely nothing, and recognizing this fact I have come to the conclusion that there is something greater at work here than we know or are really intended to understand.

Best to just take the ride and traverse the rocky terrain with the best outlook possible. Keep going and keep living until the lights go out, whenever and however that may be. If the comfort of a God helps you better cope in a harsh and difficult world then more power to you, I am happy to hear that.

Unfortunately for me, God just wont show his face. We have much to talk about, and I fear that he may be avoiding me...lol. I would love to have direction, to see a purpose to it all, I would love to experience what many would consider a higher calling in life. For whatever reason it just doesn't happen that way.

I would love to make peace with God, whatever he or she or it may be. Being human we are like illegitimate orphans, always guessing at our origins and attempting to visualize and define our creator, never having any real understanding of who we are or what we are here for.

The key, I suppose, is to do the best you can with the hand you are dealt and the rest you will know in time.

The secret to a happy life, I believe, is to never lose your sense of humor and never surrender your humanity. Keep those two things close at hand and it makes the tragic and divine comedy that is life considerably more bearable.

And as long as I die knowing that I lived the best existence that I could, then I will have comfort in knowing that no matter what comes next it will all be ok.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I learned to know God by reading the Bible. By taking the Bible literally and not relying on religion to interpret it for me, I realized that God is purest love. I learned to pray to Him and, in so doing, enjoy a relationship with Him in which He imparts hope and peace to me. The hope and peace that I experience in my relationship with God have always carried me through the tragedies in my life. I like having a friend there that I can always turn to and talk to. Whenever I have problems in my life, I talk to God about them. Something will then occur in my life that lets me know that God is there listening to my prayers. I'm never alone. God is always with me.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Most Christian religions tell their followers that God requires them to meet all kinds of conditions before they are saved. The Bible doesn't say that though. The Bible simply says:

Romans 10:9:
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 3:16:
16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

I tend to believe that God simply wants us to acknowledge and accept Him. He simply wants love.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkers
I learned to know God by reading the Bible. By taking the Bible literally and not relying on religion to interpret it for me,

Why let religion interpret for you to begin with? Interpret it for yourself.Honestly, that is the only path to truth...

[edit on 15-8-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It has been thru my mini exsistence on this great being, that I have come to believe an honestly understand a simple reason of why we are here an alive on this being. The Most Simplistic reason of all...

To Simply Experience and learn.

Thru experience is the only true way to learn. Everything else is mere speculation, Our souls Ourselves choose to be where we are, thruout all our lives, to learn an experience what we have yet too. An once we experience what we have come to do such, then we will move onto other experiences that lay just around our imaginations.

in Nature, a factual study that all of you can do, is that nature, has Multiple reasons an meanings of why Everything happens. Both Positive an negitive an a list of a Infinite amount of reasons and meanings do all things occur.

We are all interconnected, all one, but all seperate at the same time, Like a drop of water in a vast cycle of Precipitation, We are all one, yet we go thru our existences as many. Freewill is always a actions we choose, as not even our variables dictate our actions, Our mere thought directs all our beings.

We are evolving, ever continuing our purpose of experience, and knowledge. as with all gathering of things, we grow to contain these gathered experiences.

Our purpose, is a purpose to be Purposeful.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Yes, that is a problem of these times. We allow others to do our thinking and talking for us, instead of using our own abilities to do so, this also allows in the stagnation of growth. It is as though many will find someone who thinks on their own level that will do their talking for them, then when this is done, they then place themselves inside a cocoon so they are protected from any outside influence. I see this in many religious church people. When talking about things like we are, they many times want you to talk to the head of their church about it, and refuse to discuss it any further.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Typically, you cannot talk to a regular churchgoer about such things. They won't even hear the first syllable of it! :shk: Yet, they swear they are the possessor of "truth."

However,that aside, I thinkk you are right i regards to people in general, not just churchgoers. I think we live in a society that has been trained not to think. I wish I couldremember where I found the statistics, but somewhere I read that 60% of the American population has never read a single book all the way through!! What??!! I think that speaks volumes about the ignorance of the majority.

People would much rather watc the brain rot box, i.e television, than to pick up a book and learn about something. It's sad, really.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ok I will be one of the 1st to say book reading is a very important issue in a person's life, as well I will have to say that, Is someone who reads Romance novels from cover to cover any better off then someone who watches Discovery channel? or Reads internet Forums?

All have their Pros and cons, Yes Tv can rot your means of thought production, ( As I dont subscribe to cable for this reason ) but I do get whatever Educational material I can find, be it a Text book, a Video, or a .Pdf. its not so much a matter of how you obtain your information but a matter of what information your obtaining.

Books are great, So many mindsets, so many ideas, so many random topics to choose from, Just like every other aspects of Stimulus.

kinda like this quote. " Its not a matter of how you fish, But if you catch fish at all "

Some people have reading comprehension problems, yes some of this can be chalked up to not enough experience, But some can honestly say, they forget what they read in the beginning of a book, at the end, or even in the middle.

I say go with what works best for your means. But your number one effort should be working on your number one fault.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, it looks like things are even worse than they were when I originally madre this post. People are really frightened right now. Economic collapse, possible world war, strange things in our skies, and environmental disaster all seem to loom on our horizon.

People are beginning to come to rash, even absurd conclusions about what will happen.

I think now is a time for introspection. People need to look within themselves and define what it is that they would like to see happen in this world. After all, we can't expect anything positive to happen if we don't even know what we expect.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
People are beginning to come to rash, even absurd conclusions about what will happen.

Whether rash, absurd or rational, I believe drawing conclusions about something no one can know (the future) is what leads to fear. It's ironic how many claim to espouse the idea of being happy as 'living in the moment', but yet so many moments are spent wondering what the next moment will bring, good or bad.

Be with someone you love. Do something you enjoy. And appreciate it. That's all there is to it. Work with what you have at the moment and every moment works.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Speaker of Truth,

It is always a pleasure to read your threads...the positive and the not so positive. It all balances out.

My faith and trust in God has grown through the trials, obstacles, and stumbling blocks he has put in my way. I have learned where to place my faith...where to place my trust, and to rely on the fact that I know God is in control. Everything will work out exactly how it is planned to do. Now, don't get me wrong. When something goes haywire (as things in life often do), I certainly don't just sit around waiting for God to fix it. He gave me a brain and the ability to think things through and come up with solutions to some problems and that I try to do. But I also know if I make a wrong choice or start heading down the the wrong path, he will lead me back to where I am supposed to be.

It's comforting to me to know that even when I screw up, God still puts me in the place I need to be. I may have to pay the price for my own actions, but I learn from them and I think that is part of what I am supposed to be doing. I put all my faith and trust in him. I know that no matter how bad it gets ( and I do believe it is going to get pretty bad)...everything WILL turn out good. I have no doubts about that. If I manage to survive through it (I certianly will be trying to) or even if I don't survive, I know wherever I am or what ever I'm doing, with God's guidance I will be in the place he wants and needs me to be.

Enough of my ramblings...
Marilyn~

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marilyn
My faith and trust in God has grown through the trials, obstacles, and stumbling blocks he has put in my way.

Certainly. You have to realize that all of those things are designed to teach you a lesson, as well. Too many, including myself, view problems as only that, a problem. However, when one examines "problems" later down the proverbial road, they come to realize that those "problems" were there for a reason.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join