It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's been a long time since I've seen Ak 47's in action on the news. heh heh

Damn...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

The US media is attempting to show the Russians as the bad guys - when they are actually the good guys this time around.

So this is how it starts...

Never say the Russians are the Good guys.......Russia doesn't do things to protect anything but their own interest. Bombing civilians is hardly what a "good guy" would do and they are no better than Georgia in this respect.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
WHy is this thread still here? Tis complete hooey. If Russian did order such a thing, we wouldnt hear about it, we would just live with the consequences.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just saw on CNN that Putin basically states that Georgia is like Iraq and Saddam Hussein. CNN is a total piece of biased bullpoo too but I believe Putin is being honest in this one, and I also believe that the public are going to be swayed into another war. But why all the war?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Where in the link that says "Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf"?

WHERE?

The thread title is misleading and the source is far from credible.

OH NOES!!!

Another thread with fake title, fake madeup news and less than credible source!!!

NOT AGAIN!!! AaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaa!!!!!!!

[edit on 11-8-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

Reports in the Kremlin today are stating that Prime Minister Putin has ordered the Defence Ministry of the Russian Federation to put the Volga-Urals Military District and Black Sea Fleet on ‘full war alert’ to prepare for the defense of the Iranian Nation against what is being termed as an ‘imminent attack’ being planned by the Western Powers.

...Except that the Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Armed Forces and the chief executive of the Russian government is President Dmitry Medvedev, not Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Very well, it is the time, let them to try US stealth fighter F-22.

That will be not only one Backfire down, more bear will be down.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Very well, it is the time, let them to try US stealth fighter F-22.

That will be not only one Backfire down, more bear will be down.

I'll believe it when I see it. The chest-beating of 'our toys are better than their toys!' isn't going to work with this.

Oh, besides which, the source for this thread is completely bogus.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Sorcha Fall = Such a Fool
typical psy-ops humor

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Sorcha is a freak... thank g-d that was the source of this...

Good g-d... what are you thinking posting this tripe

No doubt, I mean, I really almost wet myself. Russia can take out the fleet, with nukes, and fairly quickly. Still, this story gives me the creeps.

Striking US naval ships, especially our Super Carriers, is like striking the US mainland, and would be met with equal overwhelming force. Russia knows this, and wouldnt risk it all. But Russia does not have a navy comparable, so I seriously doubt the title of this thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The Russian armed forces are a joke! Underpaid, unmotivated, very poor quality equipment, poor training, few spare parts, useless antiquated supply lines, inadequate airlift capabilities, an almost 3rd world conventional military capacity, wherein about 90% of their nukes wouldn't even detonate let alone get off the ground. The Russian Bear is an extinct dinosaur!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

They know they would not get away scratch free,,,they will eat some

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Are you kidding? back these guys into a corner and you may be surprised at what they have to fight back with. I know one thing, we won't fly into Moscow like they did Bagdad. The Russians have a fantastic airforce with arguably the best fighter plane on the planet ( is the F-22 ready yet?)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The Russian armed forces are a joke! Underpaid, unmotivated, very poor quality equipment, poor training, few spare parts, useless antiquated supply lines, inadequate airlift capabilities, an almost 3rd world conventional military capacity, wherein about 90% of their nukes wouldn't even detonate let alone get off the ground. The Russian Bear is an extinct dinosaur!

I apreicate any bashing on the enemy...

But be realistic...

Russia has the 2nd best military on the planet... Thats what it is...

Russians are UBER-motivated, VERY GOOD equitment, GREAT training, good airforce, good navy, HUGE AMOUNT of land-vehicals.

The Russians are BAD -(blank)s... no country payed a greater debt in WWII...

The Russian forces are FINE soilders...
There best are comprable to our best...

Thats the way it is...

These aren't Jawas... These are mean Russians... Men of the North, Tough beyond belief...

Right now, the US is fighting an enemy, that has no Navy, no AirForce, no real Army, just rebel forces...

Russia is a MEAN beast...

An all out(non-nuke) war between the US and Russia, would leave both countries VERY hurt... Both are too prideful to give in...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Good thing the US Navy do not have internet access or they would know about the sneak russians plan

You better ring the Adrmiral guy in the navy.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The author of the article in the OP, Sorcha Faal, is a hoax.

Sorcha Faal... Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWright

Originally posted by TruthTellist

The US media is attempting to show the Russians as the bad guys - when they are actually the good guys this time around.

So this is how it starts...

Never say the Russians are the Good guys.......Russia doesn't do things to protect anything but their own interest. Bombing civilians is hardly what a "good guy" would do and they are no better than Georgia in this respect.

Americans

What have you EVER DONE that has not involved bombing innocent people for your own interests ??????

Please - that is a sick, sick joke.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
Actually...

What Defcon level are we at right now? Does anyone know?

I don’t think it is as simple as that anymore.

Since Sept 11th 2001 the new threat level AKA colour codes have been implemented.

Im sure since the Homeland Security part of government was introduced the system is piggybacking on the Homeland Security Threat Advisory Level.

In addition to this, as was the case in most of the Cold War "Defcon" is not a general military wide status, but broken down according to the likelihood of conflict within each part of it.

For example as alluded to earlier, all the working ICBM's during the cold war where at Defcon 4 or above, they never went to Defcon 5 or total peace, whilst other parts of the military would be at different levels.

I dare say the Fleet that is on its way to the Iranian waters will be at a very different Defcon level than the boats or boys at home.

Anyhow the current level of threat can be seen here;

Homeland Security Advisory System
Current Threat Level
August 11, 2008 — The United States government's national threat level is Elevated, or Yellow.

However even within this new way of measurements again a sliding, and specific scale is used, so having seen the above on International Flights the level is different;

The U.S. threat level is High, or Orange, for all domestic and international flights

Homeland Security Gov Website

So I don’t even think the guys on the hill know!!!

Personally I hope they are at
"Defcon - We f****ed up in Iraq and Afghanistan, Lets not start world war 3"

and personally again I believe this very thread should raise The ATS Defcon level to;

"We will not allow Faal to be on our Front Page any more and supported, warning Trolls operating and BS attacks imminent"

Kind Regards

Elf.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
gonna have to agree.. i don't see how this could be true

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Nothing is going to come of this - Russia is simply beating the hell out of Georgia to teach them a lesson. As a matter of fact, Russia is stopping all military action there, and it seems like this whole fiasco is pretty much over.

apnews.myway.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join