It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I close the door on Planet X (or keep it slightly open)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Both believers and skeptics could help me decide about Planet X. I'm not a science guy, so I need advice.

Why should I doubt the skeptics when they say....

1. Even if Nasa are not to be trusted, and non-Nasa astronomers are too afraid to tell the truth, why aren't the millions of amateur astronomers around the world seeing Planet X. If it's going to get here by 2012, it should be visible to some telescopes. (If it's a brown dwarf, does that mean it doesn't project much visible light?)

2. If it was visible from the South Pole, most of the southern hemisphere would also be able to view it, at least through telescopes.

3. There's no record of catastrophes occuring every 3600 years on Earth.

4. It should have effected the orbits of the planets in our solar system during it's periodic appearance, but these orbits are stable, and consistent with no Planet X.

I'm far from a skeptic in my attitude, but I need help to understand why these arguments don't close the book on Planet X

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Why not just do a search and read one of the many, many threads om Planet X or Nibiru? Alls it takes is a little time.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have read many of those threads, and my post contained my summary of what I heard the skeptics say. So I guess I'm asking whether there is any logical reason to dismiss the skeptics arguments.

Could their arguments be wrong because this Planet X scenario has no precedent in modern times? I doubt it, but maybe I'm missing something.

Could the skeptics be not understanding something?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

why aren't the millions of amateur astronomers around the world seeing Planet X. If it's going to get here by 2012, it should be visible to some telescopes. (If it's a brown dwarf, does that mean it doesn't project much visible light?)

Planets do not emit light of their own, and yet some of them (Venus, Jupiter, Mars at opposition) are among the brightest objects in the night sky.

Why?

Because they reflect the light of the Sun.

It's true that brown dwarfs emit more energy in the infra red (heat) than they do visible light, but that is irrelevant. They still emit some visible wavelength radiation, and they are also much larger than planets. That means that they would have a greater surface area to reflect the light of the Sun, and would therefore appear brighter than any of the planets at comparable distances.

In short, if a brown dwarf was due to pass through the inner solar system in December 2012, it would be visible to the naked eye right now.

So where is it ?

If it was visible from the South Pole, most of the southern hemisphere would also be able to view it, at least through telescopes.

Quite true, so the "only visible from the south pole" theory holds about as much water as a cup made of oxygen.

There's no record of catastrophes occuring every 3600 years on Earth......

.....and no evidence of instability in the orbits of the planets and main belt asteroids.

Please, close the book on Nibiru/Planet X. You seem to be a sensible person, so don't be swayed by the uninformed rubbish on the subject that gets posted here on a daily basis.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would say close the door.
It's a load of rubbish and has no factual based evidence.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Close the door on it,but if it comes,you might want to reinforce it with some 2X4

I'm keeping an open mind,but I'm 99% sure it is utter BS,and just a large practicle joke played on us by old Zachy

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What do you have to lose by leaving the door cracked? If it is going to happen, it is only 4 years away. We'll all know soon enough, one way or the other.

new topics

top topics

join