It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Attacks Alien Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
what do you belive in about this: www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think the guy is funded by the government in order to provide false information concerning the information we already have, which leads to new information being revealed under different circumstances, ultimately resulting in entirely different information. So...what else is new?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think NASA is on really thin ice on this. As always

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think he's right on the money...

The title of the thread is somewhat misleading. He isn't debunking aliens, he's debunking one man's interpretation of objects on Mars.

While I wholeheartedly believe we are routinely visited by crafts from other worlds...I still try and maintain some skepticism. I see nothing wrong in Plait's counterings of Hoagland's arguments. I think the "face" has been put to bed for most people...

Hell, not 10 miles away from me, there was a bank window in which the sediments in the hard water from the sprinklers, made an image of Mary, and the bank was then turned into a church! Incidentally, the window was recently busted, and no longer has the image....

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Indeed, when Global surveyor passed over Cydonia in 98 and took clear pictures of the 'face' Richard Hoagland pretty much said, "yeah well I still see the face".

What, he can't point his browser to ?

www.msss.com...

And now he's talking about the rabbit ears? Those have been clearly defined as part of the lander blowing in the wind.

www.space.com...

It's guys like that which makes it so easy to debunk.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hoagland ... is sort of falling off the edge of reality. Among his claims are that Mars was designed as an intergalactic amusement park (Come to this backwater solarsystem and bring the sprogs!) You have to look at just the right pictures of Hoagland's features, at just the right angle, to see the face and the worm.

Look at OTHER pictures (snapped at different angles and at different times) and you see the landscape quite differently.

If it was a real artifact (and a real "worm") then it would be obvious it was artificial, even when looked at from a different angle or in different lighting.

As an example, look at the Great Sphynx at Giza. No matter how you change the lighting, it's still obviously an artifact and not a weirdly shaped landscape.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Although exterrestial visits may be real, I think Hoagland's claims are really false. That article he wrote about a NASA conspiracy based on a 50's scifi series is so funny, but total scientific nonsense. Fun to read, dangerous to believe.

I like Philip Plait's work. He filters out the crap and leaves the interesting claims behind. Even if you don't agree with him, I think you should at least read his view on the claims to see the different points of view.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've been listening to Hoagie and visiting his website for about 7 years. At first he made sense, especially his stuff on Cydonia, then he started to go off his rocker. He sees alien artifacts everywhere. Any photo NASA sends of another planet is full of alien cities. His whole "Hyperdimensional Physics" thing is kind of nutty too.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
about the space.com article
www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hoagland was on Coast to Coast last night defending himself against the article. Go: to Coasttocoastam.com to check it out.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I know the X-Files is TV, but I remember the episode where Mulder had apparently commited suicide after hearing that aliens nd everything involved was government propaganda used to divert attention from the real terror which was the governments experients on humans. Does anyone actually prescribe to this outlook?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hoagland is that eccentric uncle that is so full of lovable bullcrap that you want to listen to him and kick him out at the same time. He has "little boy syndrome" where he shapes the world (or other worlds) to fit his fantasy. I want him to be right because space would be so much more exciting, but reality sets in that he is just making a living selling us what we want to believe in...some buy it, most don't.

Con artist, nut, illusionist, lazy butt...I think the key to some paranormal investigators is that they are dreamers that do not want 9-5 jobs and will do anything to make sure that does not happen. Others just want the truth and deserve some respect. Hoagland is a dreamer and he has no interest in waking up in time to make it to the office at 9am.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Boogie]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker
I know the X-Files is TV, but I remember the episode where Mulder had apparently commited suicide after hearing that aliens nd everything involved was government propaganda used to divert attention from the real terror which was the governments experients on humans. Does anyone actually prescribe to this outlook?

I think it is possible, but we would need more than speculation to prove it
, although to an extent i think this is the case

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by cudailikeman]

top topics

join