It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About "special" out of body experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello there!

If you had a "special" oobe experience. Example: If you had an oobe and seen the neighbour break his leg and that actual happen in "real life"
would you then truly belive in out of body experience?

If you where able to see something happening far away when you are in the hospital or whatever that actualy happen, then I would say it's amazing and it`s truly something paranormal. Would`t you?

I will give some more Examples

Example 1: An elderly woman had been blind since childhood. But, during her NDE, the woman had regained her sight and she was able to accurately describe the instruments and techniques used during the resuscitation her body. After the woman was revived, she reported the details to her doctor. She was able to tell her doctor who came in and out, what they said, what they wore, what they did, all of which was true. Her doctor then referred the woman to Moody who he knew was doing research at the time on NDEs.

Example 2: One patient told Moody, “After it was all over the doctor told me that I had a really bad time, and I said, ‘Yeah, I know.' He said, ‘Well, how do you know?' and I said, ‘I can tell you everything that happened.' He didn't believe me, so I told him the whole story, from the time I stopped breathing until the time I was kind of coming around. He was really shocked to know that I knew everything that had happened. He didn't know quite what to say, but he came in several times to ask me different things about it.”

You can find this at www.near-death.com...

There is a lot of people that have had nde(near death experience)about the future That Were Actually Fulfilled.
www.near-death.com...

of course the only way to know 100% is to experience this for yourself, but it`s always interesting to hear what people have to say about this, I actually experienced an oobe not many days ago! Lasted only like 20 sec. At least I know the experience is real, but not about the out of body part(strong feeling it`s real, but not sure) I will find out sooner or later, I guess

if you have had a similar type of oobe like some of those Examples then please Share

One more thing.
Why is this so unknown?
If so many people had seen things they possible could not know, then why so little research?
This is not something you read in the newspaper or the news on TV(I know I haven't) This is something you have to digg up on the internet.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think some docs/nurses do some informal research, like place objects on top of cabinets and such to see if any NDE people can identify the objects and such.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have had what you are talking about.

I believe that consciousness can go beyond the body. The question for me is whether the physical body has to be alive for this consciousness to project.

I had a spontaneous OBE about 4-5 months ago. My second one ever. During this time I was able to follow my father around with his random activities. I was able to know where he had been, who he had been talking to, and even down to what he was wearing.

For this I have no true explanation.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If I do understand what you say correctly, that the only thing you are unsure about, is that you don`t know if the consciousness will survive after physical death even thought you belive you can go outside your body.

Well if you can go outside the body, that would mean that your brain is not your consciousness.
Then why would you die when the physical body dies?
doesn't make any sense to me.
You could try to contact dead people to se for yourself if you are able to oobe again.

Anyway sound like a very interesting story, did you tell your father?
if you did tell him, how was his reaction?

Originally posted by Soulstone
I have had what you are talking about.

I believe that consciousness can go beyond the body. The question for me is whether the physical body has to be alive for this consciousness to project.

I had a spontaneous OBE about 4-5 months ago. My second one ever. During this time I was able to follow my father around with his random activities. I was able to know where he had been, who he had been talking to, and even down to what he was wearing.

For this I have no true explanation.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by eternalsoul]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by eternalsoul

I'm saying that there may be some type of astral cord that sends messages from the consciousness to the brain and only the living brain can read them.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Ok i understand what you mean

top topics

join