It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Middle Class

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
My job yesterday was to get 10 holes sawed in concrete in two manholes and one foot of mud out of a 17' deep and 8' wide manhole. There is no easy way to get that mud out (Bucket on a rope). It was promised us by our new larger competitor that the manhole would be clean. Didn't happen and all to often that is the case. Oh we can bill them for it but I would have wrather had a clean Manhole than to have to fool with the mud.

Our new competitor plans on being the largest pipe contractor in the south. He has two more people per crew than we have and keeps brand new equipment. and consistently underbids us on good jobs leaving only the crap work like, yesterday. It just makes you wonder if he knows something we don't , we all have worn out backs around here.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
/flame on :::
> thats the problem it seems that the animal instinct "Survival of the fittest" hasn't been clearified as being Animalistic an down right fubared for the fact that we have taken away the ability to run into the woods, chop down a couple trees, run to a cave collect some ore, forge some steel, build a house in the woods, with a nice lil fence an a treehouse for the kids, with a river near by to start my life away from the many of PERMITS, an LAWs i would of brokenan failed to have, not to mention that people owned that land, witch IMO is BS becuz this land will outlive everyone an anything, even when its a floating mass of particles it belongs to Joe sampson BS, thats a manmade law that isnt fair to the rest of the world, i understand people need boundaries so they can break them but maybe we can have a borrowed land permit since we like them permits for everything encluding DOGHOUSES in backyards am SHEDS, its amazing with the lil things that control us, not to mention the recent string of bad luck that leads me to the reson im posting, i have been sick for about a year an a half now unable to work from cronic acid reflux diease witch has corroded my throat an cuase me to vomit so much i have made several nasty tears in my throat, not to mention i have IBS an for anyone who knows about it you understand for me its an everyday disorder, an for anyone who doesnt know what IBS is, there are many health sites everywhere about it, well what im getting to is i have been unable to work, i have racked up 100,000.00$$ from medical bills from the many hospital visits, an ambulance rides, now im ex air force for 3 years, involintaryly honorably discharged for failing my CDC's(yes im a bad speller mostly cuz im on pain killers for a majority of my day but one really does become used to doing an thinking regulary on them just have a couple probs here an there) they offered me my same health innsurance plan for 900.00$ a month with was cool if i didnt get kicked out of the military you know. so i havent had health insurance for a while due to temp jobs not providing that till 6 months at one job thru them but the jobs never lasted 6 months. so here i am in section 8 housing, paying 280.00 that my g/f's mom pays for becuz i cant for my meds for just my acid reflux, i cant get meds for my IBS yet becuz i cant afford to pay for a doctor visit anymore, neither cant her mom nor my mom, medical assitance has decined me once so far an im reapplying for it a second time, i hear you have to be decined 3 times to be heard? anyways im just saying mostly that the system has failed to help people out when they fail and to me i thought thats how being civil was. an to the people who run goverment help programs i think they need to use the same method we teach our military in the methods of finding out whos poor an needs help an whos a lazy bum begging for money. /Flame off

P.s. And please im as big of a man as the next to take the comments please make sure you direct them at me.(the 1st comment about building the house was merely for the comment)

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by Trance]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
These are odd statements since the American middle class is the largest and wealthiest it's ever been.

Do you have any data to back this up... or just paranoid rantings from finge conspiracists?

Perhaps thats the plan? Instead of splitting up the middle class, you 'bump them up' to a sort of lower-upper class of sorts, and keep the lower class dirt poor?

That way, when someone asks a politician about the increasing poverty, he can simply point to the middle class that's making more money, and then tell the person asking the questions to look elsewhere for his answers when in fact the answers dont exist elsewhere.

This would also make sense because the lower classed are looked at as an uncontrollable breeding source, and in order to have some sort of variable ratio between high class and lower class, those in control would need to let some people in on a chunk of the wealth-- and who better than the middle class?

A side reflection : This is why 'those in control' love entertainers and sports icons, because they do nothing but send their money right back into the 'system', in the form of buying cars, jewelry, homes and land to be taxed, etc. It's only when those people make attempts to own parts of the 'system' that they become targets.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join