It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what got you involved with seeking info on the Illuminati?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by TgSoe
Mamma used to read Alister Crowleys books to me every night at bedtime

LMAO!!! No wonder you're so #ed up! (just kiddin buddy)

I started seeking info on 'em after hearing the word mentionned here a few time. I had never heard of them before I went to ATS.

I was just kidding actually mom read the bible to me which is really not a lot different. I got interested in the subject one day while studying pre-trib rapture. I believed a pre-trib rapture sounded to good to be true and have never seen it that way in the bible. Anyhow I stumbled on to a site called:
www.tribulationalinstitute.com
and it was full of info about how the government is really run by illuminati/masons, concentration camps and a slew of other stuff that I had never heard of until about two years ago. www.cuttingedge.org had the most stuff about masons. I had never given Masons a second thought until I found those sites. Had never heard the name Illuminati until two years ago.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
found a copy of Illuminatus! Trilogy

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well hello all as I am new here and this subject in both general and specific terms is close to my life I felt that explaining my search for the illuminati would be a good way to get myself involved. Since as long as I can remember I have always felt different, not in a way I could place or something sinister, just different. This is why I have made my way to Free Masonry and hope one day to find my way into the inner circles of the Illuminati. I wan to find out the truths that I feel these men have, and to further my 'illumination' as it's called. So hello to you all and I really love to read what you guys have to say.

Fruor veritas est fruor opulentia

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This is why I have made my way to Free Masonry and hope one day to find my way into the inner circles of the Illuminati.

During the era of the Illuminati, the two Masonic Rites active in Bavaria (Schroeder Rite and Rite of Strict Observance) issued edicts against them.
The problem was that the Illuminati began to illegally confer the degrees of Blue Lodge Masonry. Weishaupt did not have the authority to confer Masonic degrees, but did it anyway. Being himself a member of the Schroeder Rite of Masonry, he probably would have been expelled had not the Illuminati gone defunct.
The Masonic edicts did not affect Goethe's or Mozart's standing in Masonry. Both Goethe and Mozart were members of the Illuminati and the Rite of Strict Observance, but had relocated in Vienna when the Bavarian Grand Lodges ruled against the Illuminati.
Around 1899, Brother Theodore Reuss, a German who had become a Mason in England, attempted to revive the Illuminati, merging it with the Oriental Rite of Memphis and Egyptian Rite of Mitzraim. This bizarre mixture eventually evolved into what is now known as Ordo Templi Orientis.
After Reuss' death, the British author and occult philosopher Aleister Crowley became international Grand Master of Ordo Templi Orientis. Crowley officially severed it from its relations to regular Masonry, but re-wrote their rituals to parallel Masonic ones.
Today, the Ordo Templi Orientis continues to confer the degrees of Epopt of the Illuminati and Pontiff of the Illuminati.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I first got interested after reading about MAJESTICTWELVE
on William Cooper's site.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I first heard about the illuminati in a rap song. I beleive it was Nas, but it could have been Black Moon, SMif N Wessun or any other semiconcious early 90's artist. The line went something like...

Illumanati with my mind soul and my body, secret society, trying to keep their eye on me.

Or something like that. I know it caused me to ask questions, and thanks to the good brothers of the Nation of Gods and Earths (5%'ers), I quickly learned about the different secret societies and the illuminati. What's interesting, is that although I knew of there presence for years, there was a perios where I tuned out the whole situation. Maybe becaue of schooling, or maybe because I seen no imminent danger, but now I see their handy work all around.

One burning question I havea and always had pertaining to this topic is, what will happen to the uber-wealthy people. Rumors about the years to come always speak of the undesirables of the world like drug addicts and criminals, but what about the wealthy who have no clue of what's to come... Like Lebron James, P-Diddy, Sports stars, Actors etc. Wouldn't they have something to rebel against?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I too also got my interest piqued in the Illuminati from reading The Illuminatus! Trilogy. That thing was the motherload at a very early age in my search for alternative books and such. I had researched a little about the Illuminati here and there, but nothing in depth. But that's not the reason I'm here

I found ATS while searching for Mayan/Egyptian calendar synchronicites and the like....
But ATS has proven to be useful for many of my random searching for something I don't know about yet. But I digress...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
David Icke's 'Biggest Secret' book. I had heard of the Illuminati before then but didn't really take much notice. Then I read Icke's book - and so many things fit that I had to start researching for myself.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
For me it was The Illuminatus Trilogy. A couple of illuminated friends turned me on to the book, and of course it blew my mind. I've also read Schrodingers Cat Trilogy which of course blew all of my minds (parallel universe humor).
After reading these books numerous times as a burgeoning adult, and then more or less keeping a more watchful eye on the media and world events, oftentimes it was as if "invisible hands" were indeed "moving the pieces" and much credit was lent to the ideas that these books presented.
And then 911 happened and everything thats unfolded since then, sheeeit, theres no question *something* is going on. If only I/we could figure out how to thwart it...

tjack

Hail Eris

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
All your minds are belonging to me.

Sorry I just had too.

I am not in the least bit surprised with the numerous references to the illuminatus trilogy. I think Robert Anton Wilson really did skate one buy with that one. I suppose they figured no one would believe him anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Freeworld_Esq.

Haha. I had never even heard of the so-called "Illuminati"(that I know of) until I got into Hip Hop and the Wu-Tang Clan.

I heard about FreeMasons when I was younger; but it had never even occured to me to ask what/who they are.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I am not in the least bit surprised with the numerous references to the illuminatus trilogy. I think Robert Anton Wilson really did skate one buy with that one. I suppose they figured no one would believe him anyway.

I could be wrong here, but I think that Wilson is an Illuminos. He wrote the introduction to Dr. Israel Regardie's book "The Eye In The Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley", where it seems like I recall him stating that he was a member of Ordo Templi Orientis.
Also, his books are published by New Falcon, who handles writings by Crowley and O.T.O. members in conjunction with Thelema Publications.
A similar example is the Matrix films. Both of the director/writers are members of the O.T.O. Theortically, the character Neo represents one who is awakened by the Illuminati, and himself becomes an Illuminos, attempting to enlighten his fellow men, while battling the forces of darkness, which manifest as illusion.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Oh word?!?^^^

That might explain a couple of things. Somebody told me that the dialogue between The Architect(hmmm...) and Neo is based on Kemetic Metu-Neter knowledge. I can definitely see the Asaur - Auset - Heru allegory in the movie but I haven't read Metu Neter yet.

Will you explain the following a little more?:

Originally posted by Masonic Light
A similar example is the Matrix films. Both of the director/writers are members of the O.T.O.

You're referring to the Wachowski Brothers correct? Or were they just co-directors? How do you know about their OTO membership?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I became interested from reading "Angels and Demons" By Dan Brown. He's an amazing author... like Chrichton. I advise you to read his work, if you would like to read something close to the Illuminati, or about it. Of course, some of it is fiction, but then again so is most of the news, and we watch that every day...

But mostly Dan Brown's work brought me into it, and a post I read here sent me searching. Later.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You're referring to the Wachowski Brothers correct? Or were they just co-directors? How do you know about their OTO membership?

A few years ago, there was a press release on the website for Scarlet Woman Lodge O.T.O. in Houston announcing their initiation, and inviting O.T.O. members from out of state to attend.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wondered what New World Order really ment, so I used the internet for my search and found sites about it. Besides that I'm always interested in how people think and behave so reading about Adam Weishaupt really was interesting. I had a lot of questions and I still have so it keeps my attention.

D

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Watched this documentary series on various conspiracies made by the BBC and one of the episodes was on the NWO and Illuminati.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join