It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what got you involved with seeking info on the Illuminati?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
For myself, I was listening to El-p's song, "Accidents Don't Happen," from his "Fantastic Damage" LP, and when I heard Cage's verse, it drew me closer to finding out more 'bout this artist and what he spoke of, not to mention my cousin, and one of my old friends. Upon further investigation into Cage, I checked out a song entitled, "The Muppet Show," which also mentioned the NWO, plus his debut LP had the Masonic Star, with the five symbols in each point, except inverted. There is also a snippet of some elderly fellow talking about the Masons and Lincoln on that same LP, plus some other sound snippets on the Weathermen, "The Conspiracy Mixtape." So my question is, what piqued your curiousity into the Illuminati?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
What is a snippet? I've never heard that term before.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloud
So my question is, what piqued your curiousity into the Illuminati?
I've only, not too long before I joined ATS, wanted to explore about the greater scheme to this life. I found ATS when I went searching the net, and that led me into the controlling factors of the world, which I believe to be the Illuminati.

I've made startling connections between the way they operate and control nations. It only gets more interesting as I learn more. ATS is a good place to gain information about the Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A snippet in this case would be a short clip from a sound file, nah'mean?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The possibility of joining and becoming a world ruler.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I like the name

Plus they're one of the, if not the oldest 'shadow group', since 1776?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I first found out about the Illuminati while I was playing a game called Deus Ex. The game featured the Illuminati a lot, and it got me interested. After that it was just one thing after another.

Quintar, I've heard that the Illuminati have been around since the days of Gallileo. It was first started as a way for scientists to practice their sciences out of the way of the Catholic Church. Eventually it evolved and turned into the behind the scenes banking/political group that it is today. That's the best explanation I've heard for when they started.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by Faisca]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have been researching this elusive group for some time now. I have heard that they have many different names,,,,Committee of 300, Illuminati, World Management Group. I believe Illuminati is their front name they wish to present to the world and that it all originated with Adam Weishaupt. Ever notice when you mention Illuminati everyone snickers and laughs, makes references to the eye

Trust me, it goes back further than 1776

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I heard that Weishaupt wasnt the actual "creator" of the Illuminati, he was just a front man for it? Any truth to this?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Is there any truth to what I've heard about the roots of the Illuminati dating back to the days of Gallileo?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
September 11, 2001's events were so shocking to me that my first instincts told me two things.

1. this may have been rigged (I was really not sure at the time) for a covert agenda
2. Bush is definitely going to invade Iraq now to finish his daddy's fight.

so when I first deduced, factually, that 911 was an orchestrated event, that opened up the pandoras box that contains the mysteries of NWO, illuminazis, conspiracies, etc

OH and to answer your questions about the illuminati's age... goes way beyond Galileo or even the more recent Weishaupt...

the origin of these POS societies stem from the falling of "the first city" which was the first manipulation of a civilization by an external force. Once it fell from within, the leadership went into hiding and formed secret societies with two purposes:

1. to limit the flow of controversial information that can affect society as a whole
2. to bring back satanic influences in full power.

thse secret societies are the culprits behind the modern Illuminati, and may have been formed as early as the Babylon Mystery School inception, which were around 10,000 BC ~ 7,000 BC

[Edited on 3/16/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The Illuminatus Trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson.

Read it at the suggestion of an online "aquaintance"..

While the book is mostly fiction I was aware that there was a good deal of fact mixed in and to be honest... it explained alot about things that have plagued me most of my life.

I was MEANT to investigate this subject among a few others. It is part of why I am here.
Everyone has a purpose.. this is one of mine.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What got me interested in the Illuminati you ask? Well I was over a friends house. My friends room mate was one of those big conspiracy nuts. He was always in his room & slept with a gun under his pillow. At the time he seemed really crazy.

One day I had a conversation with this guy. He would tell me all these things that sounded really off the wall. He handed me a photo copied book & told me not tell anyone about the book much less tell them where I got it from.

I left my friends house with this storage book. I started pouring into this book which was very much like the size of a bible. It basically changed my view point from that point on the world. Shortly after my friends room mate had to move under stand conditions.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
lol... my friend got me interested in the Illuminati. He read "Behold a Pale Horse" and nothing in our circle of friends has ever been the same! We love to use such handles as "Fnord" and "Discordia" and "Neurot"... I opted out for Earthscum in '99 as my alias to my "b0bj0n3s" and "BobJones" IRC nicks... wow... IRC... I miss the days of warring, nuking, and PINGs!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
since i was very young i never quite got the way the world worked and felt that things where not quite right with the government, the media, religion, and just society in general. there is also alot of wierd ass # that also goes on in our world that we are conditioned to believe is nothing more than mere fantasy. i began to do alot of research behind all these things to find answers to what plauged me and the illuminati kept coming up from time to time during all this research.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've been wondering what the (c) has been going on since the History Channel first aired the men who killed kennedy.
Last fall, I mentioned the anniversary, and who the official story in no was was fact. This online acquaiantance said to look into the Illuminati. And I did, started reading Icke and Densborough, and then some one turned me on to ATS.
And here I am.

RE: I knew something was getting hokey again when Bush won in 2000 under those strange circumstances (BTW, I did vote for him). He apparently was the one THEY wanted. Back then, my husband and I wondered why??? 9/11, that's why--they wanted him to be in the WH when it happened.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Mamma used to read Alister Crowleys books to me every night at bedtime

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Mamma used to read Alister Crowleys books to me every night at bedtime

LMAO!!! No wonder you're so #ed up! (just kiddin buddy)

I started seeking info on 'em after hearing the word mentionned here a few time. I had never heard of them before I went to ATS.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, ever since I noticed that things didn't add up with 9/11 and going to Iraq to find that there were no WMD. Heck, even Rumsfeld is lying on the WMD's.

www.buzzflash.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
What got me interested in the Illuminati you ask? Well I was over a friends house. My friends room mate was one of those big conspiracy nuts. He was always in his room & slept with a gun under his pillow. At the time he seemed really crazy.

One day I had a conversation with this guy. He would tell me all these things that sounded really off the wall. He handed me a photo copied book & told me not tell anyone about the book much less tell them where I got it from.

I left my friends house with this storage book. I started pouring into this book which was very much like the size of a bible. It basically changed my view point from that point on the world. Shortly after my friends room mate had to move under stand conditions.

What is this book? What did it say?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join