It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did U.S., Israel Provoke S. Ossetia Conflict? Does the Sun Come Up in the Morning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Did U.S., Israel Provoke S. Ossetia Conflict? Does the Sun Come Up in the Morning?

www.infowars.com

Russia accuses U.S. of orchestrating conflict

“Russian officials believe that it was the USA that orchestrated the current conflict. The chairman of the State Duma Committee for Security, Vladimir Vasilyev, believes that the current conflict is South Ossetia is very reminiscent to the wars in Iraq and Kosovo,” reports Pravda, the Russian newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This does make sense, i think the article is right.

Here's a comment by someone:

It has become clear that a line has been drawn from Poland down to India/Pakistan and even east toward Thailand/Philippines. After realizing that the Arabs are too weak and unwilling to “start” a global war, they are trying to spark as many flames as possible on this line to finally get it started using any means available (which now includes a nuclear first strike). Thank God that He keeps putting these flames out, for if the flame was to spread along that line it would become a garbage dump for human life where any country with a “population problem” would dump it’s garbage. I hate to use that word (garbage) to describe any life but that is how they think of those below them. Don’t join up, stand up.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Y would the US want to jepordize the oil pipeline being built in Georgia. So the US provoke Russia to invade Georgia and distroy the pipeline. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Sounds like propaganda to me. Russia has been eyeing the region for a long time. They are piss that Georgia is trying to become a member of Nato and the oil pipeline is going to eliminate Europes dependance on Russia and the Middle East oil.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by amfirst]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Whether or not there is a literal connection between Israel and the current conflict, one thing is for sure - Russia's reaction was very similar to Israel's reaction in Lebanon a few years ago. From what I've gathered in the news, Russia has overreacted just a Israel did then. It's the same scenario playing out in a different country. Here again we have a larger country bullying a smaller one.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Why is it when anything, I mean ANYTHING happens in the world, it is not long before the US is blamed?

There is not proof, no evidence that there was any action by the US.

Also, as for the training, it was how to deal with terrorists.

IED's and the like.

join