It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomed to grow old and die?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I know that there has in the past been some debating about H.G.H.
I must admit that I am getting up in years. And was pondering the aspect of suppliments.
I have seen the reports, and read the testimonials.
What I am looking for are people who have tried it , and their own personal results.
But please be fair. Let me know if you followed the directions for use, As well as if it worked for you. Or if it was a waste of money.
And if you have other things that have seemingly helped you or a loved one.
I have started to save for a body transplant. But as of yet no one is offering such things.
Please help keep me from getting old, and decrepit.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by only onus

It's all about genetics. Fort, I look 10 years younger than my actual age. My grandparents lived to nearly 100, great grandmother on both sides to over 100. Dad still alive nearly 90, in great health.

Unfortunately, though hGH helps some it has some potentially bad side effects and few docs will give scripts for it.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I realize that genetics have alot to do with how long we are active an such.
I have people tell me that I too look younger than I am.
I teach martial arts, and my students that are less than half my age can't keep up with me. Even outside the dojo.
We all went to a state park for some hiking. And everyone was worn out wile I was still energetic and wanting to continue.
Nonetheless we (myself included) grow old.
And start at some point to get decrepit.
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had any success with anything on the market.
I like being active. And if I can do something now, befor I have to realy get serious. Then I hopefully can delay getting to that part of my life, for as long as I can.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by only onus
I have started to save for a body transplant. But as of yet no one is offering such things.
Please help keep me from getting old, and decrepit.

If most of the world's population is correct, you will get your body transplant, but it's a "to die for" thing that happens when we are re-incarnated.

The real problem is bringing one's memories along for the ride. If we harken to the sages of the east, that can be accomplished, but only at the expense of a long and careful preparation.

Bottom line: New body, no problem. Blank slate, probable.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I hate to tell you, but we are designed to get old and die. It's part of life. People need to get over it.

I find it pathetic the way some people (those who have the resources) cling so desperately to their youth. It's creating a distorted reality (that happens to be a lie).

I totally prefer to grow old gracefully (if that's even an option anymore
. Or die tomorrow if that's what is in store for me. The important thing in life is to learn to live for today, making sure it's a life worth living and being proud of (not going out and indulging in whatever people think is going to make them happy that particular moment, regardless of the consequences) not worry about the past or tomorrow.

It's about quality, not quantity.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by only onus

Some doctors are becoming more open to prescribing hormone replacement therapy for men. Similar to what they do for women in menopause when their estrogen levels drop, only they are prescribing HGH and Testosterone to elevate mens levels to what they were when they were younger.

The reports I have read from the people who have been put on such a treatment have been very favorable. I would have a hard time asking for it though since it is controversial and I honestly don't know how my Dr would view it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Lets think about this for a minute. Most man-made, unnatural chemicals or supplements put into the body have side-effects.

With that said, you have to realize that HGH that you get from a doctor is man-made. Once injected, it jump starts natural production of HGH.

I got it! What researchers have found is that in most lower species(flies), we can increase their lifespan by limiting the production of insulin. They do this by restricting their diet. Insulin is what causes aging!!!

Now, here's where it gets good, while HGH has many health benefits like increased muscle mass, decreased body fat and so on, in the long term, researchers have found that growth hormone replacement therapy increases insulin resistance.

jcem.endojournals.org...

What does this mean to you? Well, as insulin sensitivity decreases, your body has to release more insulin to do it's job. The result, higher insulin levels, which then increases the rate of aging.

CRONs (Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition) or CRANs (Caloric Restriction with Adequate Nutrition) would be a good place to look for anti-aging.

I would also look at Centenarian studies. The only two things that most centenarians have in common are low insulin levels and low triglycerides.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

I would also look at Centenarian studies. The only two things that most centenarians have in common are low insulin levels and low triglycerides.

Actually, no, they have another thing in common. It has been discovered that people who live longest also have a particular ability to deal with loss, grow beyond it and move on.

Just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thank you. I'll definitely check it out. The studies that I've read show that the only corellation is Low blood sugar, low insulin and low triglycerides.

I would definitely agree with that assertion. Dwelling on negative things can surely have a negative effect on ones health.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
We are not so much doomed as "programmed" to die. If one generation doesn't die after it mixes up the DNA, it uses up too many resources and eventually will become victim of various viral and bacterial infections which are working hard to crack the code and kill you. One of the only really good ways a species knows how to survive a rapid change in the weather or biological environment is to keep shuffling the genetic cards. Stagnant genetics is extinction waiting to happen.

So we have to die. There's no way around it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well at least I have some decent replys.
I guess I just need to stop worrying about it. And try not to eat so much.
I was hoping that there might be some miracle drug that would help in my search for longevity.
Maby someday. I just hope that I am not too old for it to work for me, when it does come out.
Thanks to all.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe try a little research on Insulin and it's effects on the body. You might surprised when you find out that limiting your carbs might be the key!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's not the quantity of life you should worry most about, but the quality. You should strive not to outlive either your body or your money.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Look around at the state of the planet - not much time left for anyone.

Here is a secret though - live now and you will live forever

Sounds simple but if you can do this you will live FOREVER

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
It's not the quantity of life you should worry most about, but the quality. You should strive not to outlive either your body or your money.

I have hopes that the quality of life will get better. We all know how trying things can be in these times.
I just want to live longenough to see the type of life I was promised as a child.
I grew up in the sixties and was told be all the adults that we would live in a world centered around love and respect for life. And I still believe it will happin someday.
And hope to be around to see it happin.
Even if it takes divine entervention, or an alien envation.
Or if the shtf, then I would like to be agile enough to do the things needed to proyect myself and family.
As far as outliving my money. I think the government, and economy has already taken care of any hopes of that happining.

top topics

join