It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1 item you would take to another planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would think that's obvious (assuming I'm coming back to Earth). It would be a video camera so I could document the journey.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Though there are many, many items that I would like to bring, I would have to say, since I can't bring any loved ones, I'd bring the next best thing, my cat. At the very least I love her, and It'd be nice to have even an animal companion. At least she is something living, that comes from the same place I do.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Osiris1953]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i would take a weapon. specifically a gun for two reasons.

1. if i got to the planet and the people there were hostile, perhaps i could defeat or evade them with a gun and get by on the planet either until i returned home, until i called for reinforcements to help me or if i just needed it to survive for the first days or so on the planet.

2. once again, if they were hostile, but not defeatable or i had no chance to evade them, and i knew they were either torture me or kill me, in some manner that i considered an unavoidable fate... one that they would make slow and painful, i could use the gun for a quick and in a comparable sense painless death.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
also i could use a weapon to hunt for food

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
also i could use a weapon to hunt for food

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
my camera kit - but how do i convinve them that my big case with all my gear stuffed inside = one item

and what about tripod ?????????????

AARRRGG

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would bring my meade 8" Schmidt Cassegrain telescope.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Camcorder, a good one.

Record thoughts, as well as everything you see while you're there. Then you can share everything you saw and experienced whilst there. Think of all the amazing shots you can get!

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Fergu]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The bag i carry with me everywhere. It has hygenic supplies(id throw spares in, just for the trip there, i'm assuming they'll have means for me to clean myself otherwise they wouldn't have invited me). My digital camera and camcorder, a few small books and journals (very small), that things carries my iPod, a digital voice recorder. Oh, and my house keys. What if when I get back nobody is home?

1 bag, i can just fit a LOT of stuff in it. Not a big bag, just roomy.

Does that count? Is that allowed?

If not, I suppose I'll stick with the digital camera, since it has video and photo capabilities. You said batteries aren't an issue and I have a lot of room on that thing, I don't think i'd get over-zealous and have to start deleting stuff in 5 years. I mean I do have FIVE years, I think I can stretch it.

But as an artsy-type they would all come back looking pretentious :-P

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Neil young's decade album (on vinyl ofcourse) and pray to ? someone else chooses a record player.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I would take my laptop....

I m a g i n e the real time update to ATS of my progress.. .. ..

>

Could possibly give that bloody sleeper thread a run for it's money!

Regards all...

GaZ

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wouldn't take anything.

Of all the things I value in this world none of them are material. Sure there are luxuries that I prefer to have, but who is to say what luxuries await you on an alien world.

That said if pushed I would probably take something like '___'.

A symbol of the meeting point between human technology and spirituality, something that can remind me of who I am and what I have left behind. Yet it is still perishable and designed to promote memories and thoughts of home than remaining a material object to 'cling' to.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'd take my sony 10mp nightshot still/video camera and get some great clear shots of an alien world with lots of alien babes. Than when I come back in 5 years, I will post all my pics on ATS and let the fighting begin.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Probably marijuana....Idk, if im going out into the galaxy....Theres gotta be some smoke spots with a killer view....

To be truthful, idk what else i would need....I mean, there a highly advanced civilization....What would they not have that i could possibly need....Well, besides my head medicine...

Edit: Spelling and grammar

[edit on 8-8-2008 by SilentBob86]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Peanut butter!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
considering that they will have some crazy recording devices i could use, i would have to bring an unlimited supply of arizona iced tea because you never know what those aliens will have in their water supply

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don't think I would take an item. I would rather take my best friend. Of all those other things people have listed, chances are your travel charger wouldn't fit the plug.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
but how do i convinve them that my big case with all my gear stuffed inside = one item

Well the OP DID say it could be as big as you... now I don't know your size but surely the bag isn't THAT big?

One thing I did not see in the OP

What kind of trip? Is this a first visit as in no one has been there?
Or is this a tourist jaunt to an established spot?
But you did say a guaranteed return trip in 5 years

Toilet paper came to mind try living without THAT for 5 years
and that should be a top item in any survival kit

But I would assume that all such things would be accounted for.. ever see those cool NASA zero G potties?

Weapons are good for a first trip... but I am sure the Space Command leading the expedition would have that covered

Music I can count on someone bringing that

So leaves only one civilized thing left...

5 year supply of COFFEE

Of course coffee grounds are good for hiding stuff in too, like a side arm to protect the coffee and some other materials for barter

[edit on 8-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
5 pounds of cannabis.
I would sneak a couple packs of lighters in there too.
After all they should have everything I need. Might as well bring something nice from our planet

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentBob86

I too considered bringing some Dank, but like you I also came to the conclusion that they probably got stuff that blows ours away...it might not even be give the same high, but better and in a different way.

I don't know if you ever watched Logan's Run, but there is a scene in that movie where a few of the Sandmen are getting ready to go out and party, but before they do one of them throws a vile at the ceiling and it explodes releasing a mist of something that engulfs them and got them instantly high...

Anyone know where I can get some of that? I'd pay top dollar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join