It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China’s rain-stoppers (manipulation of the weather) face big Olympic test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Staff from China’s “weather modification” departments have deployed aircraft, artillery and rocket launchers to ward off rain before the three-hour ceremony in Beijing’s spectacular but roofless “bird’s nest” stadium.

www.ft.com...

Does this stop at just the methods listed or will China use it's own version of HAARP? What does this do to downstream weather patterns, is this action affecting "global warming and climate change"?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
China openly attempts to or actually alters local weather and there is dead silence. Where are all the "greenies" screaming save the planet?

America is supposed to stop evil CO2 from its use of OIL, that is suposed to be causeing global warming, yet, China's now famous air polution and manipulation of the weather, and there is little outrage?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Must admit I was amazed when on the news it showed and explained why two chineses guys were firing ack ack into the air ( think it was silver nitrate) for cloud seeding.....the average guy has no idea ..but it was just slipped in as if thats what you do...!!

I knew about the weather modification...just staggered me that they just came out with "cloud seeding"

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It appears the idea that China would or could affect the weather does not fit into the agenda of the global warming nuts and the major media outlets.

The fact that someone other than the evil americans could be affecting GW does not fit the agenda...........

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Cloud seeding has been going on for quite some time, I even remember seeing it mentioned in cartoons as a kid.

What's the big deal? Wikipedia has an article on it that showed me enough, with 5 minutes of reading, to know that cloud seeding is in no way a cover up or conspiracy. Where, also, is the evidence that cloud seeding has any affect whatsoever on GW?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

With an NFPA 704 rating of Blue 2, silver iodide can cause temporary incapacitation or possible residual injury (e.g., chloroform) with intense or continued but not chronic exposure. However, there have been several detailed ecological studies that showed negligible environmental and health impacts. [2][3][4]. The toxicity of silver and silver compounds (from silver iodide) was shown to be of low order. These findings likely result from the minute amounts of silver generated by cloud seeding, which are 100 times less than industry emissions into the atmosphere in many parts of the world, or individual exposure from tooth fillings. Accumulations in the soil, vegetation, and surface runoff have not been large enough to measure above natural background[5]. A 1995 environmental assessment in the Sierra Nevada of California[6] and a 2004 independent panel of experts in Australia confirmed these earlier findings.

Above quote taken from here: Wikipedia on Cloud Seeding

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the update there taj, but I was really refering to the "butterfly" theory...............

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hmm, no problem
Are you referring to what people commonly call "The Butterfly Effect"? Just curious because I went to Google the Butterfly Theory and only got results that linked to the Butterfly Effect. Is that the same thing you're mentioning?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Weather Modification has been big business in the US since the 1950s

www.weathermodification.org...

I agree it should be better controlled, but I understand a bill to do so was rejected:

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Jeesh, everything is now made in China, except rain.

Where the heck is Pelosi?

new topics

top topics

join