It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns Russia: We'll neutralize S-300 if sold to Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well all I know is it seems like there is a lot of threatening going on between several countries, even some of Chinas generals have made threats toward the U.S. Has anyone wondered what our current DEFCON situation is?

I mean now we have Israel making insane threats toward Russia.Has the world gone completely insane?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Maybe this little ruckus in Georgia will grab the Israelis attention and make them think twice about this plan. It just kind of makes sense not to get these guys angry when they show that are not afraid of getting their war on.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ya'll crack me up.

Israel is the USA, a mere extension of us. We created it and we will defend it as we would any enemy threatening the continental states. Make a move that threatens us and we'll respond in kind.

Israel making this statement is nothing unexpected. It's just us having Israel speaking our words more or less and we've been doing a lot of tough talking lately.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Russia will tear Israels head off from trying to prevent the S-300 reaching the region? Or proving the S-300 ineffective? I don't think so.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Neutralising S-300's? I'd like to see Israel try, I really would, with it's F-16's and F-4's.
They'd get destroyed before they even acquired a radar signature. These aren't infrared-homing RPGs were talking about here.

With Block 52+ F-16s and upgraded Strike Eagles along with JASSM in the hands of the IAF, there is no reason to suggest they cannot defeat the S-300.
Operation Opera all over again.

This is the IAF we're talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Israel's just an American fortress in the middle-east. Take the fortress and the middle-east will no longer be at the mercy of Americas military might. Israel thinks it has a mind of it's own, but it doesn't. That will be it's downfall. It will make a move that even the 'mighty' Americans won't back/won't be able to back quickly/staunchly enough and Israel will fall......... very quickly.

It will more than likely be to do with energy reserves in Russian territory and the middle-east than the sale of military hardware that will determine when it will happen, but the sale of that military hardware will play a part in the outcome.

Many nations in that part of the world are seriously looking at removing Israel from the map, simply because it doesn't belong there. It is just a military fortress created after WWII to defend the Wests interests.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Russia "must"? annihilate Israel....hmmm highly unlikely.You see manson if the
Russians where to do that then we would annihilate Russia.The Russians would volley with their nukes, then our allies would be pulled in to it.You would have millions upon millions dead.Don't think India would be safe from all of it either...Pakistan would use the opportunity to flex it's nuclear muscle upon its dreaded enemy....you guys in India. If I were you I would stop all this hatred and talk of waging nuclear war..because it might just end up on your door step one day.If you are so gung ho about weaponry of your beloved Muslims and communist friends then why don't you join the service of your country
and fight for that piece of land you and Pakistan are always claiming rights to (Kashmir).

[edit on 8/8/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 8/8/2008 by CaptGizmo]

Are you slow on the uptake or something?! Just because you see a Sikh on this guy's avataar, you pull in the whole of India into this?
His statement was just that.. his alone!! And so one would expect your response as a rebuttal of what he has said as many others have done here.

India has nothing to do with this, neither does Kashmir, or Muslims.. communists maybe but I have absolutely no idea which ones you're referring to..
So leave India et al out of this.. seriously.. I'm sure people there and in Israel or Russia or anywhere else in teh world are not as trigger happy as manson here.

And btw I agree that any nuclear response here is preposterous. This whole statement made byt the Israelis is preposterous; not helping anyone including themselves..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
With Block 52+ F-16s and upgraded Strike Eagles along with JASSM in the hands of the IAF, there is no reason to suggest they cannot defeat the S-300.
Operation Opera all over again.

This is the IAF we're talking about.

Sure..
But they're not talking about F-16s and JASSMs here..
Are JASSMs even operational yet?! Looks like there are some teething problems with them.

Anyways.. the threat here was about some 'sinister' EW that would render these Iranian S-300s useless and therefore hypothetically all of Russia's S-300 based Air defense network as well.

My thoughts on this statement?

Didn't expect these kinds of empty threats from a nation like Israel, which has had the finest of military traditions and history since its creation.
Maybe that is why they got a bloody nose in Lebanon. Have they gone soft like their erstwhile foes?

These links however are interesting:
www.aviationweek.com.../aw112607p2.xml
www.aviationweek.com.../aw100807p2.xml

Is this what they are talking about? Remote hacks on closed circuit systems?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
Ya'll crack me up.

Israel is the USA, a mere extension of us. We created it and we will defend it as we would any enemy threatening the continental states. Make a move that threatens us and we'll respond in kind.

Actually the UN created Israel.

And if you want to get really technical, the British were the ones who pushed the hardest for it. Ever hear of the proposal to settle the Jews in Alaska after WWII?

Yeah, the US Congress voted it down.

Back to the point though; If Israel says that they will disable these new SAM sites, I am more than positive that they already have the ability to do so. I see this as nothing more than them telling the Iranians not to waste their money, and to let the Russians know that they have the balls to stand up to them in both the political world, and the technological - military world.

I am a supporter of Israel's right to exist, so I see nothing wrong with them letting their declared enemies know that their new defense mechanism will be nothing more than expensive paperweights. It's a move in the geo-political chess board of the region, and really, I see few downsides to this move.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

Israel is the USA, a mere extension of us. We created it and we will defend it as we would any enemy threatening the continental states.

You crack me up.

Britain and the UN created Israel. The US didn't even begin funding it or supplying it arms until the 1970's.

It's not the 51st State and it's not America's responsibility. It's detrimental to US National Security because continued support and collaboration with Israel is giving Islamic Fundamentalists more and more reasons to attack the US.

America gives billions of dollars in "aid" every year and what do you get back from your parasitic friend?
A big bullseye painted on your ass for every radical extremist group.

The only reason Israel is even an ally is because of the strong Jewish lobby in Congress and the growing number of dual-nationality Israelis in the Bush Administration.

reply to post by C0bzz

You seem to be a little confused.

1. The JASSM is not even operational. It suffered a series of test failures in 2002 and the DOD is currently debating whether to continue funding for this program:
www.aviationweek.com.../JASSM072007.xml&headline=Pentagon%20To%20Announce%20JASSM%20Decision%20In%202008&channel =defense

2. No JASSM's have been sold to Israel. The only foreign buyers that have been interested are Finland and Australia so far.

3. Their range is inferior to the S-300 system. With a maximum of 370km and subsonic speed, they could easily be intercepted by the SA-10 system, which is also designed for cruise missile defense.

Read up...

[edit on 9/8/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Isreal is being ridiculous yet again... I swear they are embarassing me lately... I'm Jewish and... lately I am opposed to the existance of Isreal too...

It's just... not the right location... not in this time and day and age... If there is truth that g-d promised it...(although why it's special eludes me) then g-d will deliver it... not England lol

Isreal is being way to damn bold... yeah 200 nukes launced at Russia and the mideast... would end Russia and the mideast.. But Isreal doesn't survive either...

I'm sorry but when Russia and the US play MAD there are...global empires at stake... There is alot to loose..it could be said it actually works...

When a religous nation that has it's fanatics plays MAD... it scares the hell out of people...

Russia is liable to react to Isreal like we react to Iran...

They need to calm the hell down

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus1
Israel's just an American fortress in the middle-east. Take the fortress and the middle-east will no longer be at the mercy of Americas military might. Israel thinks it has a mind of it's own, but it doesn't. That will be it's downfall. It will make a move that even the 'mighty' Americans won't back/won't be able to back quickly/staunchly enough and Israel will fall......... very quickly.

It will more than likely be to do with energy reserves in Russian territory and the middle-east than the sale of military hardware that will determine when it will happen, but the sale of that military hardware will play a part in the outcome.

Many nations in that part of the world are seriously looking at removing Israel from the map, simply because it doesn't belong there. It is just a military fortress created after WWII to defend the Wests interests.

What a bunch of dreamers. Russia has fought against the Isrealies back in 1967 and 7 day war. Ask them how that played out. You all are posting through your emotions... not your brains.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

They suffered a "bloody nose", because it was a guerilla war. If it was a war with conventional armies, then it would be different. If it were the Lebanese Army against the Israeli Army, then the Lebanese would stand no chance. However, you're dealing a terrorist group that run out of their cave/bunker, launch a missile or two towards Israel, and then immediately run back into their cave/bunker. It's a lot harder to track and find them, like a needle in a haystack.

Also, Israel's strategy during the war drove me insane!!! I never seen a government that thinks it could win a war by using only 10% of it's military strength...

In regards to Iran, I don't think they stand a chance, conventionally, against Israel. That's why they're seeking the nuclear option. Russian air defense systems won't help them as demonstrated on September 6, 2007 in Syria. Israeli pilots had a joyride through Syrian airspace as their radars were completely disabled. Don't forget that one of Israel's top industries is military technology, so I'm sure they'll find a way to neutralize the S-300 if they haven't already.

The article is not talking about Israel confronting Russia. It's basically saying that Israel will neutralize the S-300 that the Iranians will get, not Russia's S-300. It seems like everyone misunderstood that bit of information. I don't Israel has any interest in fighting the Russians and vice versa. Think about it, Russia is getting their planes shot down by Georgian Air Defense right now so imagine what they would have to face if they flew into Israeli airspace... Besides, we're talking about 2 nuclear powers over here and all hell will break loose if it were to happen. Do you guys really want that?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema

Originally posted by Nexus1

What a bunch of dreamers. Russia has fought against the Isrealies back in 1967 and 7 day war. Ask them how that played out. You all are posting through your emotions... not your brains.

Russians provided weapons in 1967 war to arabs,were not involved directly ....

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Wow...after reading your post here I had to look up a few of your other threads and let me just say its a little less then inspiring.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The reason why the US is so powerful is because they fund everyone and anyone who's down with them, it's like the most popular kid in school running for school president. Just because someone who likes them does something, it's not their fault. Some people are such idiots.

Don't hate the state for having the most friends. So what if the CIA funds countries all over the world, it's always good to have as much people on your side, u never know when u need them.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by amfirst]

[edit on 9-8-2008 by amfirst]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I pray israel will attack Russia, the Russians would put an end to the worst terrorist organization in the world. I love how now they say "we have been here 60 years, it's time to accept us"... Umm... the Palestinians were there for 2500 years... DUMP ISRAEL TO SAVE AMERICA. isreal is not worth another American life or dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

You seem to be a little confused.

1. The JASSM is not even operational. It suffered a series of test failures in 2002 and the DOD is currently debating whether to continue funding for this program:

Wrong.

A. By 2006 more than 350 JASSMs had been delivered and were ready around the world if needed. The JASSM had a series of test failures, so in July 2007, a $68 million program to improve JASSM reliability and recertify the missile was approved by The Pentagon. A decision on whether to continue with the program was deferred until Spring 2008. Clearly, the reliability was a success, because the programs funding has been continued.

www.defensenews.com...

www.globalsecurity.org...

2. No JASSM's have been sold to Israel. The only foreign buyers that have been interested are Finland and Australia so far.

Misleading.

A. Australia is not 'interested' in getting JASSM. We ARE getting JASSM.

Australia is already under contract as Lockheed's first overseas buyer for the stealthy cruise missile, with its air force scheduled to take its first delivery next year.

www.flightglobal.com...

B. No S-300PMU-2 (SA-20) have been delivered to Iran either. They are reported to begin in September and continue into 2009, & it will be many more months before they can integrate it all together.

one source said, though it could take six to 12 months for them to be deployed and operable.

www.presstv.ir...

www.zimbio.com...

C. Given the USA have supplied Israel with almost 20 billion dollars from 2001 till 2007 in the form of military 'aid', & the fact that most of there fighter jets are better than the United States themselves, what makes you think they cannot get JASSM? Heck, Lockheed Martins logo is pretty much the Star of David...

www.worldpolicy.org...

D. And finally, even if they cannot use JASSM then they can use there indigenous Delilah missile which has a 150km - 400km + range depending on who you listen to. It also has a stealth coating.

www.israeli-weapons.com...

forum.keypublishing.co.uk...

www.defencetalk.com...

3. Their range is inferior to the S-300 system. With a maximum of 370km and subsonic speed, they could easily be intercepted by the SA-10 system, which is also designed for cruise missile defense.

Wrong.

A. My previous sources indicate they're getting a S-300PMU-2 with a range of 200km. You're thinking of the S-400 / SA-21 missile which is different.

B. Even IF they had the S-400, missile ranges are ALWAYS quoted at maximum possible range against a target that is at reasonable altitude and NOT maneuvering. I'd sure love to see a S-400 try & engage a F-16 maneuvering 500 feet of the deck, 370km out... That's IF the radar can even see the plane that far way... which, is unlikely as the plane is BELOW the line of site. To do that (engage) you're going to require a complex IADS, datalinked, which is something Iran does NOT have.

Between 1998 and 2002 Iran imported approximately 6 JY-14 surveillance radars from the China National Electronics Import-Export Corporation. The radar can detect targets up to 300 km away and is now part of Iran's air defense system. Even with China's help, Iran's air defenses remained porous through to 2008, perhaps on par with Iraqi capabilities demonstrated in the 1991 Gulf war. The launchers appeared to be scattered too widely prevent relatively rapid suppression. Iran also lacked the low altitude radar coverage, overlapping radar network, command and control integration, sensors, and resistance to jamming and electronic countermeasures needed for an effective air defense net. Iran therefore continued to subscribe to the point defense mode, looking to protect key installations and avoid repeating scenarios similar to those that occured during the Iran-Iraq War where Iraqi aircraft succeeded in numerous occasions in targeting key economic facilities.

& we all know how Iraq turned out....

B. It's designed to kill cruise missiles? So what? JASSM & Delilah are designed to evade air defenses. Without a comprehensive IADS the idea that Iran can stop volleys of VLO cruise missiles & countermeasures (ITALD, Delilah drone) is ludacris at best.

[edit on 18/8/2008 by C0bzz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join