It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Member Awards 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ATS is always looking for ways to improve its content and contribution from members. So, how about annual awards for members, voted for by members?

The way it would work is that a nomination period would run for a time, maybe a month, then from those nominations the mods draw up a shortlist of four nominees per category. then the category nominees are announced and members vote for another month. Then a winner in each category is announced. I suggest a poll system is used for counting votes with one vote from each member allowed in each category and votes cannot be changed once voted. The poll results would stay hidden until the polls have closed. Also non members would not be allowed to vote.

The winner gets to use their title for an unlimited time in their profile, their signature and a record of it is kept in that year's Award Announcement thread so there would be no disputes. Also, as a bonus (as if the honour isn’t enough!) the winners get a certain number of points, maybe 5000 for each category winner? And 1000 points each for the other three nominees.

I have suggested some title Awards here but more could be added and discussed. It would certainly encourage positive contribution to ATS and provide a chance for members to consider valued members and how they have contributed to the overall ATS community.

I suggest that the awards be announced each November, that means it would avoid the possibility of members not being able to nominate or vote due to the busy seasonal period in December. Nominations would be in September, voting on shortlist nominees in October. The nominations and results can also be sent out in the ATS newsletter.

ATS Award Categories.

ATS Friend Award.
For the member who has been the most helpful and friendly to other members. And considered to have contributed most positively to the ATS community by other members.

ATS Newshound Award.
For the member who provides the best and latest news items. And those news items that have contributed most to the discussion of topics important to ATS members.

The ATS MIB Award.
For best UFO and alien contributions.

The ATS Illuminated Award
For best general conspiracy contributions.

The ATS Flag of Freedom Award.
For best political contributions.

The Sword of Clarity Award.
For the best science contribution.

The ATS Spirit Award.
For best religious, spiritual and metaphysical contributions.

The ATS Picture Perfect Award.
For the best photographic contributions, whether their own photographs or those contributed from other sources.

The ATS Camera Capture Award.
For the best video contributions, whether their own videos or those contributed from other sources.

The ATS Eye of The Beholder Award.
For those who have contributed most artistically to ATS with their own visual artistic work, from custom avatars and profiles to custom computer graphics.

The ATS Mighty Pen Award
For those who have contributed the best written work of their own composition. This can be fiction or non fiction, but not extended research (see research award).

The ATS Liberty Award for Research.
For the best extended research.

The ATS/BTS Ambassador Award for Diplomacy.
For those who have best shown the ability to participate and contribute to, in a positive way, to highly controversial subjects and discussions in the spirit of mutual understanding, while embodying the principles of behaviour conducive to a positive ATS community.

The BTS Master of Ceremonies Award
For the best BTS contributions.

The ATS/BTS Best New member of 2008 (insert year as appropriate) Award.
Best overall new member of the last year.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
sounds like a good idea. let's see how it turns out.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Not the dumbest idea ive heard today...

Good luck trying to orginize something like that though...
And that probaly would only make some people HATE the populaity scene going on here...

But a good idea...
Not a bad idea...
Not something i would do...

But go for it...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
We used to have a monthly WATS award that came with a big gold medallion worn in the winning members profile under their avatar.

I wouldn't mind seeing that come back....just one not dozens...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think its an awesome idea

Pity the WATS award isnt done anymore, but maybe we could bring it back in a number of categories. One thing I would change though is that nominess should be chosen by the mods and super mods so the votes are not biased and due to popularity (eg voting for friends etc)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think it is a good idea. It could improve the already high standard of the place, and in improving ourselves could do away with the anti ATS threads.

Oz,
I nominate you for disinformationist of the year!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
oh yeah i forgot to ask. will there be a most vainest member category?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous

Why you think you could win that?

VikingAnt- whatever dude.....theres plenty of disinfo candidates out there

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by LordInfamous

Why you think you could win that?

i'm 99.9% sure.

also, there needs to be a funniest member category too. maybe even a most picked on member category. (jedi would win that
)

[edit on 8-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
VikingAnt- whatever dude.....theres plenty of disinfo candidates out there

Yeah. I guess it would be fair on the others. As resident Disinfo agent, I guess u could judge that catagory...
I just cannot believe how funny I am. Maybe I should nominate for funniest member....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Good idea, I sure do miss wats, I never won one but it would be great to have the members be able to vote for some sort of an award again. I have seen some members here that have given a lot of thought an effort into their posts and it would be great for them to be rewarded.

I would also like to suggest a category...

Most PWNED member

[edit on 8/8/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Most PWNED member
[edit on 8/8/2008 by whatukno]

jedi or seaman would be the prime canidates for this.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Actually I do like the idea, I think it would be a great morale booster.

Yes Lord I think you would win... you have my vote!!!

And Baby Boat would definitely get the owned award vote from me...!!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Baby Boat

ahhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

zaim you're too much man.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it would be a interesting idea all right just as long as people don't take it too seriously. I also think the funniest member might be an idea as a category. Only one question that comes to my mind.

Also how would votes be tabulated?

Might I suggest the mods make posts of the Nominees (separate posts) and then member place stars as votes? Thus insuring Voter anonymity.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am all for anything that boosts morale, however caution should be exercised to ensure that this does not turn into yet another popularity contest of which we have had far too much of already.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
... I also think the funniest member might be an idea as a category. Only one question that comes to my mind.

Also how would votes be tabulated?

Might I suggest the mods make posts of the Nominees (separate posts) and then member place stars as votes? Thus insuring Voter anonymity.

The polls system I suggested in the OP would ensure anonymity. Also, it would be far simpler than scrolling through many posts to vote for people. The poll results can be kept secret until the closing date. Most forums have polls so it would be very simple to add them to ATS for the Awards voting.

Maybe the funniest member could the "Court Jester Award for humour"?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I am all for anything that boosts morale, however caution should be exercised to ensure that this does not turn into yet another popularity contest of which we have had far too much of already.

As the Awards themselves have to be for specific reasons it would avoid the popularity thing. The Awards are not general and therefore the nominees would have had to have done something to a high standard before becoming a nominee.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A yearly ATS awards would be great, you guys and gals better not leave TinWiki out !

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Instead of people named, it could be split into categorys on the forum, the top 3 people in NWO forum, best 3 in Jokes on BTS, best 3 on War on terror forum and so on for every forum, that would be good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join