It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny quote - Barbara Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here is the exactly what she said:

BUSH: Motherly. And fatherly. I mean, that's just a normal reaction.

But the same would be true if something happened that was difficult for Jeb or for Doro or Neil or Marvin. And you can criticize me, but don't criticize my children and don't criticize my daughters-in-law and don't criticize my husband, or you're dead.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I dunno... I just read the whole transcript and to me it sounded like the kind of thing any mother would say lightheartedly, or for that matter the same thing a kid would say about his/her parents.

You know... something to the effect of "Make fun of me all you want, but talk about my mother and I'll kick your ass" etc. I think folks are reading into this a little much. She is a human being you know. People say things like this all the time.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I agree - most people would say they would kill to protect their family. The only difference? The Bush's are a political family and have the money and power to do the job without it coming back to them (and I'm sure they have had it done plenty of times).

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
True, Women are typically schizo in normal conditions, but Barbara Bush was one of the best first ladies we had. She was a real lady, and very motherly. Can't say her hubby was my favorite, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join