It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge pro Bush crowds greet the President in South Korea, ignored by media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

BUSH GOTS SEOUL!!... Pro-American Protesters Give Bush a HUGE Korea Welcome!!

South Korean Christians participate in a rally to welcome a visit by the U.S. President George W. Bush in Seoul, South Korea, Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2008. Bush Wednesday will meet with Lee, whose attempts to foster goodwill with Washington by allowing resumed imports of U.S. beef sparked weeks of raucous anti-government protests over mad cow fears.The letters read ' Alliance between U.S. and South Korea'. (AP)

Amy explains that none of the pro-Bush rallies were government sponsored; they were voluntary rallies by Koreans who appreciate Pres. Bush and the United States.

I thought the whole world despised Bush and the US?

The fact is bush has never been as unpopular as his opponents in the media would have people beleive. This is just another example of that.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well of course, Bush ruined America not other countries (except Iraq). Kind of like how other nations loved Reagan and don't celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. It's about national relevance.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Honestly, there has been a conspiracy against the Bush presidency almost from its inception. Wesley Clarke tried to warn Bush of the integration of the conspirators into his administration, but Bush refused to hear it.

Honestly, Bush is a scapegoat for some very evil people. Once his presidency started spiralling into the abyss, there was nothing left for him to do other than accept his unfortunate fate.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That's because a majority of the MSM finds Jong-il's philosophies more to their liking.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
That's because a majority of the MSM finds Jong-il's philosophies more to their liking.

Sure, that's it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I agree with part of what you're saying, but I think I probably am reading it differently than you intended. I think a large problem with George Bush is that he wants people to be happy and wants to be well liked. As a result he's seriously hurt his base via pandering to the left... which has been proven to be a vast waste of his time anyway, as the left would hate him even if God shined down a beam of light onto Crawford and declared "Behold, here is my son with whom I am pleased." (and that has nothing to do with the idea liberals are Godless heathens, either.)

He's pandered on immigration, he's pandered in the war by ordering our millitary to tread lightly and actually giving a misplaced damn about international opinion and collateral damage, and he's certainly pandered the hell out of the liberals on environmental issues. Hell, he's acknowledged more global warming psuedo-science mumbo jumbo than Clinton ever did, and Bill Clinton is erroneously remembered by both sides as being an environmental president. It's much like Richard Nixon, actually. Nixon was by far and away the most socially liberal republican president of the last 40 years. What happened with that one? Well... prior to GWB most older libs would have named Nixon #1 on their most hated presidents list.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I agree. Bush basically let loose of the reigns and allowed any and everything to "just happen." In some ways, he can't point his finger at anyone but himself. You're right.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

He's pandered on immigration, he's pandered in the war by ordering our millitary to tread lightly and actually giving a misplaced damn about international opinion and collateral damage, and he's certainly pandered the hell out of the liberals on environmental issues.

What? Please mate would you care to explain these claims. Especially "and he's certainly pandered the hell out of the liberals on environmental issues". I have no idea where you get this idea. Bush Co has been one of the WORST administrations when it comes to environmental issues. I would really love for you to back this up with a nice long list that would equal "pander the hell out of".

The idea that it is simply a "perception" that Bush is not liked is laughable. The man is without a doubt one of the worst presidents the USA ever has had and in terms of global politics the man ranks in pretty low. Sure there are bound ot be people that like him such as

South Korean Christians
but to use that group as an example of how he is some how secretly more popular than it appears on the surface is silly.
No it is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Actually, I heard about this via the.....dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn.....MEDIA!

Did you also see the next phase of this trip where the government had to forcefully remove peaceful protestors? Just trying to keep it 'fair and balanced' as the conservative mind numbing machine would say.

Is all of the negative MSM coverage this administration has received justified? No. It never is. On either side. However, the world DOES have a much more negative view towards the U.S. than they have had before this administration. Sorry, that is the fact of the matter. Our illegal actions in Iraq are among the biggest reasons. Attacking a country that didn't even threaten to attack us. That takes GUTS. NOT

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
if they like him so much, they can have him.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So a couple thousand Christians means the ENTIRE WORLD LOVES BUSH?

I'm not sure I understand this logic. So when Oil CEOs meet with McCain that means everyone who buys gas supports McCain?

new topics

top topics

join