It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this??? Something shows up on image after picture taken...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
ATS....What is this????

I have been recently going through older images I have taken on siesta

key, sarasota florida. I noticed a strange looking, "thing" on the image

that showed up after I took the picture, again it was not the intent of

the picture, moreso was the condos in the image since I lived there [on and off for years] and

was taking images of siesta key for my family.

Here is the image and the "thing" in question is to the left of the "left condo".

These condos are again on siesta key, where beach road meets ocean blvd.

google map...

maps.google.com...

another image from siesta keyt beach about 8 minutes later...

These images have never seen any image editor ever as the image

properties will confirm. I always download images straight from the

camera to a DVD or other permanent media source.

Camera Kodak ES CX6230

Date January 1, 2003 12:18 the date is right the time was 7 some am as

noted by the lighting in the second image, and the third below. This

image obviously is looking east the sun is just coming up, in this image

noted a few minutes after the first two.

Now at first I was like, ahh that is a bird, but upon further evaulation,

I don't seen ANY DEFINITION that you should at that shutter speed of

being any bird I know.

shutter speed 1/1003sec...with that speed detail should be captured come

on you should see wings and a head and...etc etc etc....I am lost the

more I look at it, the more I think I need a pro or two taking a look at

this for me!!!

thanks ats....

[edited img code]

[edit on 4-8-2008 by theability]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
no expert here but i will say that the first photo when zoomed in appears to be a bird and you can see a wing so unless aliens are flying craft that have bird wings...lol i dont think it's a ufo sorry maybe i will be proven wrong ?

the second pic makes no sense to me ? is there something in the photo were so supposed to see ? please point it out.

well i see you edited your post but i still dont see anything ?

nice pics though...i live in florida too

[edit on 4-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
nothing in the second photo I am just giving a vantage point and confimring the location, and when I use photoshop i don't see a single detail of any bird....I have alot of pics of bird from siesta key.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

when I use photoshop i don't see a single detail of any bird...

i only looked at it in windows picture viewer and i can see a wing but like i said i am no expert and cannot prove it's a wing of course.

i am sure someone else will check it out also and more opinions are needed ?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
pixelation suggests photoshop

[edit on 4-8-2008 by nineteenseventyeight]

[edit on 4-8-2008 by nineteenseventyeight]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineteenseventyeight
the sharper focus of the object, lets call it a bird say, in comparison to that of the apartments in the background suggest that it's closer to the camera, and not behind them. because of this, it's shape, size and dimensions appear very bird-like.

i say bird.

I say that is one funky looking "bird head" and what about the surrounding area of the "bird"?? looks to be distorted and lighter than the sky around....

Like I said that is one funky looking whatever.......again this is why I asked in the first place....

[edited spelling]

[edit on 4-8-2008 by theability]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
A couple things that came to mind:

1. A kite, though usually kites are more colorful, but still an option
2. A banner being pulled by a small plane, where maybe the plane is behind the building. We get these a lot where I live and sometimes when the wind catches it just so, it can bend, fold, etc

Could be something else, just adding some ideas.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looks like it is a bird. Flying left to right in front of the building. The tail is visible pointing to the left. The birds right wing is in a position in mid flight and is hiding the birds head.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Erasurehead]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
[mo

IT'S A FLYING SQUIRREL... THEY DO THIS ALL THE TIME IN THAT AREA... NICE SHOT THOUGH!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunarLooney1

IT'S A FLYING SQUIRREL... THEY DO THIS ALL THE TIME IN THAT AREA... NICE SHOT THOUGH!

Rotflmao..thanks for the

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's a bird, no question as far as I'm concerned, I've taken a lot of pictures that have birds in that look like that.

Birds look weird when in flight and viewed from side on mostly because of the way the wings get into weird shapes and angles as they fly.

I've also seen a lot of supposed ufo pictures that are clearly just sea gulls from a side on angle.

Here's a good example:

ufocasebook.com...

And here's another:

transcendents.net...

and one more:

www.practicallywriting.com...

The reason I'm so sure is because I remember taking photos at the beach once and in some of the shots the gulls looked weird when viewed side on, at the time I just thought it was cool that I had caught them at such a weird angle but a few weeks later I saw a supposed ufo sighting taken at a beach and I instantly recognised what I saw from my own photos, it was so similar i could have copied it and pasted it into one of my photos and it would have looked right at home.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1978's right on the money here. Zoom in...definite pixel anomalies. Interesting object to pixel-in tho. lol

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Agree with above posters. Its a bird seen in a side view with wings aligned to the line of sight.
This is a very common source of confusion and there are many threads here on such 'UFOs'.

Those who say 'pixelations', note that this is due to jpg compression. The pic is not tempered. You will find this in any pic when the object is in front of a uniformly colored background (e.g sky)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I also think it's a bird, flying from left to right and closer than the buildings.

For those who think pixellation is a clear indication of image tampering, as rocksolidbrain said, it's a result of JPEG compression.

A good way of seeing if the JPEG algorithm was guilty of altering the pixels around an object is to count the pixels that make that area, if they are a multiple of 16 then it was surely the algorithm.

This is the reason why some cameras have a lossless compression option, usually TIFF, and a raw image option.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Looks like a freekin bird come on LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The pixel thing is probably no more than simple jpeg compression, the sky will be mostly made of large blocks of pixels to save space because the area of sky is quite uniform and the artifacts you see are where the blocks stop being used because there is a portion of the image that has detail in it so the compression becomes less as more individual pixels are maintained.

That's how jpegs work, as little data as possible is used to save the image so areas with less detail tend to be made up of larger blocks because you can't tell the difference when the image is viewed normally.

When you blow up a portion of the image to or beyond 100 percent you begin to see the compression artefacts and especially transitions between different levels of compression.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Doh that issue has already been addressed, that's what happens when you put your laptop in standby and don't refresh the thread before replying!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nineteenseventyeight

dude do you even know how to look at the image properties, this image has never seen any image editor EVER!!!

to photoshop!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ok so its a bird!!!! at least I tried the right way!!!!!

it sure looks funny to me.....

wee!

top topics

join